Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Leicester City 1-0 FC Porto - Vote Now

Kasper - 7 - Couple of comfortable saves and was solid

Hernandez - 8 Excellent, committed and read the game well at times.

Morgan - 6  Him and Huth paniced a little second half but generally did ok

Huth - 6

Fuchs - 7 Showed european experience

Mahrez - 7 Drifted in and out of the game but shown quality at times, great ball in for the goal

Drinkwater - 8 Dominant display

Amartey - 8 Excellent second half

Albrighton - 6 not his best night on the ball but usual effort

Vardy - 7 I thought he did well, always occupied defenders and good link up play at times

Slimani - 8 Put himself about, match winner.

Subs: N/A

Everybody a 7 apart from Drinkwater 8 and Slimani 8.

Thought Drinkwater was MOTM again.

Referee 1 - On par with Dean on Saturday.

Porto 8 - Thought they were excellent, some very clever runs and played lovely football at times

Raneiri 6

Mainly 7's for us except the midfield pair who I gave 8's and Albrighton who I gave lower. He really frustrated me last night, good ball to Mahrez aside his delivery was woeful. I appreciate his work rate to help out defensively but sometimes I think we might as well play a left back at left midfield if that's what he is in for. 

Not pretty but a wins a win. Oh and final mention for the referee who was so bad it became comical. 

16 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I gave Albrighton an 8. He worked his arse off and played a huge part in the goal.

And also saved a certain goal in the dying minutes with a block from an open goal that was as important as a goal itself. Could easily have been a different result if he wasn't on the pitch. Not saying he had his best game overall, but he contributed directly to the most important moments our win both offensively and defensively and turning up and making the right decisions for the important moments in a game is what matters to winning football matches. Seems a bizarre player for people to be giving a 5 too.

Kasper 7 Don't remember him making any vital saves. Distribution good 

Hernandez 7 Solid

Huth 7 Did well to control himself under such a ridiculous referee. Solid

Morgan 7 See above

Fuchs 7 Solid and got forward well

Albrighton 7 Worked hard and did great for the goal

Drinkwater 8 Excellent

Amartey 8 MOTM. Really good performance and PLEASE EVERYONE REMEMBER HE IS 21!! He won't be good every game but give him time

Mahrez 8 Some lovely runs and his presence worried Porto so much so that they left our left hand side really wide open. 

Slimani 7 Good goal, great presence. Unlucky to be booked

Vardy 6 Quiet from him but he will come good 

8 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Albrighton 5 lol Not for me. He played really well

Me neither. Covered a lot of ground, played the ball to Mahrez for the cross Slimani scored from and threw himself at the ball with everything he had to deflect the Mexican lads shot on to the post. 

He wasn't MOTM Amartey, Slim and Hernandez were great but he wasn't far behind.

Don't think anyone deserved a 5 apart from maybe the ref.

Albrighton might have been working hard but I thought he was having a nightmare of a game in some respects. There were a number of things he tried that didn't come off (passes, crosses) and he was getting frustrated by it.

Porto were working hard to close us down though. Mahrez equally wasn't getting much space.

Schmeichel 6- Some good stops and kicks mixed with one or two moments when he wandered out and caused some mayhem in his defence.

Hernandez 7- Best defender on the pitch- made some useful blocks and tracked his man well all night.

Morgan 5-  Mixed night for him

Huth 6- Little better than Morgan but his yellow card was daft

Fuchs 5- Quiet night for him on both ends of the pitch

Mahrez 7-  Some moments of brilliance and he kept on plugging away all night

Drinkwater 6- Steady but never really influenced the game in the middle

Amartey 7-  Some good dynamic play and positioning but he need to be able to break up attacks by interceptions as well to slow them down with his positioning

Albrighton 8-  Worked his socks off and looked the most likely to create something dangerous. Brilliant cross to set up Mahrez's assist.  MOTM. 

Slimani 8-  Won balls in the air and bullied Porto defence all night long.  Took his goal well. 

Vardy 6-  Limited impact but worked hard on the wing.  Unlucky on his final balls though. 

Ranieri 5-  The staring line up pretty much picked themselves apart from Hernandez (I am not sure why he started over Simpson as I have only got back from a volunteering stint in Kenya for 3 months so I am behind footballing wise) but he waited too long to make his substitutions especially that our strikers looked spent and our midfield were getting overun.  

Schmeichel - 7, composed and commanded well.

Hernandez - 8, felt comfortable and knew how to be up against international side; pretty sure the club signed him for games like this, and not really the PL.

Huth - 8, bullied fairly and typical no nonsense approach.

Morgan - 7, did ok but struggling to keep up momentum towards end of games recently.

Fuchs - 8, very professional and considerate in his role.

Amartey - 9, one his best games for sure; quick, sharp, knew when to do what and coped under the pressure.

Drinkwater - 8, usual headstrong and intelligent character, made good links with defence and forwards.

Albrighton 7, - adapted very well, enjoyed getting through their back 4/6 but knew when it was right to go back as well.

Mahrez - 8, you can just tell he is quite a 'world class (couldn't think of another term)' player; skilful, sharp and well-constructed passes etc. Should've hit the target when a shot went out for a throw-in.

Vardy - 8, linked up well with Slimani, effective in keeping the pressure on but wasn't too dangerous unlike Slimani.

Slimani - 9, a 'rich man's Steve Howard',lol; super in the air, was hard to handle and liked to help others when they tried to push outwards.

Subs, all 7's.

Schmeichel - 6 - Rarely threatened, thought his presence really helped the defence pick themselves back up again but he was a bit flappy in the second half.

Hernandez - 8 - Wasn't convinced by him at RB going in, but a great performance, rarely beaten in massive contrast to vs Brugge

Morgan & Huth - 7 - dealt with their strikers without too much problem; got done over a bit by the ref going forward

Fuchs - 7 - Fairly solid

Albrighton - 8 - Great ball to open up the goal, crucial block to prevent 1-1 and full of endeavour as always

Drinkwater - 8 - Sublime again. Baffles me that anyone argues he's not Englands best CM.

Amartey - 7 - Thought he was a bit lucky second half with the 50/50 - looked like he went in two-footed from the kop, otherwise fine.

Mahrez - 8 - No idea how he came out with the ball at times, more like the Mahrez of last season than we've seen so far this year.

Vardy - 7 - Been a bit muted this season and didn't quite look up to speed when racing with their defenders.

Slimani - 8 - Constant thorn in their side, dragons slayed again.

Subs:

None on long enough to do anything.

Ranieri - 8 - Had their number first half, was unsure on the delays in making the subs.

Porto - 6 - Decent passing, didn't create much. As for the play-acting and whining, possibly the worst side I've ever seen for it. Horrific.

Referee - 1 - Even if we leave aside the baffling decision not to send off Danilo for rugby tackling Slimani, he was absolutely atrocious. Far more suited to Basketball with his opposition to physical contact. Can't have been more than 2 minutes of play before a free kick was given for very little - ruined the flow of the game.

Hernandez MOM for me followed by the two CM's. Drinkwater has become our most important player this season, absolutely brilliant so far

Massive props to Hernandez too for his brilliant last ditch tackle which promoted a smacker from Amartey, also to Albrighton for the slight touch that took Portos late chance onto the post.

Oh come on! You can't rate Albrighton for deflecting a shot! That's nonsense. Equally, would it have been his fault for a goal if he were standing a few paces to the left? Fair enough, he was there, but the rest... anything could have happened.

Nah, not getting on his case or anything because he wasn't crap but, by his standards, he wasn't having his best of games. Yes, it was a good cross field ball to Mahrez for the goal but I don't judge a player for one contribution, good or bad. 

Archived