Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

2 men proved themselves .A Team matured.

Last night was massive for various reasons.

Really really think about this and its meaning..

We took on a top very experienced C.League team and club.That in itself is incredible.

More incredible, we werent in awe, we had swagger, played them at their own game, our style still confuses/fear oor opponents

Look our defence did totter a few times, but it held , older heads also matured, the team over every position matured.

This group of lads, ex stragglers, names unknown carried on the suprises, proved endeavour has its place.

Within the team ethos,2 players who to be fair were too early having their doubters, that doubt for me last night

was disolved on this special nights air. Doesnt mean they wont still have the bad days.

The mental  strength that was needed to be shown was paramount, they passed with flying colours, because

more than any others in the team, their cause was under scrutiny.

D.Amartey and new buy Hernandez, stepped over the whitewash with question marks, from the fans and peers.

They didnt fail they blew the doubts into the wind, with 2 top performances not in the PL, but the Champions League.

NOT only did they stand their ground and covered their space, they pushed forward and had purpose.

Porto did see more of the ball looked technically better, yellow seemed the bespoke colour of the night,

the whole city  team with these 2 stand outs, seen off the yellow mellow, no doubt Porto had a couple of good chances,

they kept falling over, they had the ref support their defence  entrappments, but City took them on and gave them

a dowsing. Amartey led the way. On this Daniel now has earnt the right to be shown patience and support the whole

season through for  his credible potential.....Look at Sterling as an example, hes turned his last negative season on its head.

Porto away will be difficult and an amazing challenge, but Leicester are slowly finding their way, and getting 

other players to come in, compete and show we have other reserves of strength.

Another thing that has gone under the Radar, D.Drinkwater also has taken to the CL like a duck to water,

hes passed his CL annointment unnoticed with proving and confirming his incredible talent.

It seemed a forgone conclusion, it wasnt, but hes glided into this higher needs competition.

Now we have    2 Danny boys in midfield.   Altogether now..."OH   Danny boy"

Hernandez was superb last night.

Armarty was superb last night, however he has really struggled positionally vs 3 in midfield domestically against the better teams.

Drinkwater is our best player by a mile, and we would be utterly lost without him, he is our spine, forget the glitzier players in our x11, they all benefit from his class.

Hernandez was good but I always felt that, even after the Hull game I didn't think he was too bad compared to the rest (Morgan was all over the place that day too). People writing him off after a game or two is laughable. He's a bit slow which could hinder him in a full back position but I think he reads the game quite well.

Drinkwater was superb again and MOTM for me. Without Drinkwater I don't even want to think where we'd be, he's the heartbeat of the side.

Amartey has looked good in all our home games so far. 

We've got tough games coming up... Southampton, Chelsea, Spurs.

I have said "Amartey is never a first 11 player, he is a utility sub"

But last night he was exceptional

So where does he go from here & more importantly - where do we go from here?

Which Amartey will turn up against Southampton? The outcome of the game depends on it

4 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

Hernandez was superb last night.

Armarty was superb last night, however he has really struggled positionally vs 3 in midfield domestically against the better teams.

Drinkwater is our best player by a mile, and we would be utterly lost without him, he is our spine, forget the glitzier players in our x11, they all benefit from his class.

Amartey shouldnt be judged on a criteria where also WC players would struggle .We won a PL title on a uniques spin of

tactics..Playing against a 3 player midfield, is not his to sort  out, thats Claudios if he wants to keep to it.

We have found a talent with potential, which is difficult within itself. So now we have   to nurture  it, not crush it because

of past glories. Our duty or better said the clubs and Claudios duty is to develope and rebuild with what we have.

Not 1 Danny but both Danniels have to be supported, and not blighted with wrong expectations, both of them

need now support, from either a total new permatation on set up or rebuild seeing city play themselves with 

3 out n out midfielders Sacrificing a WB.

Nothing is set in cement for me...Set up 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 or 4-1-2-3, or a diamond, its the flexability of both manager

a n d the players on the pitch during the 90 minutes. Morgan Fuchs, and  Drinkwater need to lead, to notice during

the games the areas and game periods of weaknesses and strengths, we cant depend just on individual top

Performances showing the lead we need single chosen voices.

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

We took on a top very experienced C.League team and club.That in itself is incredible.

More incredible, we werent in awe, we had swagger, played them at their own game, our style still confuses/fear oor opponents

Look our defence did totter a few times, but it held , older heads also matured, the team over every position matured.

This group of lads, ex stragglers, names unknown carried on the suprises, proved endeavour has its place.

Within the team ethos,2 players who to be fair were too early having their doubters, that doubt for me last night

was disolved on this special nights air. Doesnt mean they wont still have the bad days.

The mental  strength that was needed to be shown was paramount, they passed with flying colours, because

D.Amartey and new buy Hernandez, stepped over the whitewash with question marks, from the fans and peers.

They didnt fail they blew the doubts into the wind, with 2 top performances not in the PL, but the Champions League.

NOT only did they stand their ground and covered their space, they pushed forward and had purpose.

Porto did see more of the ball looked technically better, yellow seemed the bespoke colour of the night,

the whole city  team with these 2 stand outs, seen off the yellow mellow, no doubt Porto had a couple of good chances,

they kept falling over, they had the ref support their defence  entrappments, but City took them on and gave them

a dowsing. Amartey led the way. On this Daniel now has earnt the right to be shown patience and support the whole

season through for  his credible potential.....Look at Sterling as an example, hes turned his last negative season on its head.

Porto away will be difficult and an amazing challenge, but Leicester are slowly finding their way, and getting 

Another thing that has gone under the Radar, D.Drinkwater also has taken to the CL like a duck to water,

hes passed his CL annointment unnoticed with proving and confirming his incredible talent.

It seemed a forgone conclusion, it wasnt, but hes glided into this higher needs competition.

you could be a journalist for the star or somethinglol

7 minutes ago, Royston. said:

you could be a journalist for the star or somethinglol

I have  already turned down the  Telegraph, Morgan Post and Le Soir.

Telegraph wasnt successfull with the entrappment attempt.

Morgan Post knocked on the door too damn early

Le Soir couldnt keep up with my nights out.

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Does anyone else read Fuchsntf's posts in the style of Stuart Hall?

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

This reads like a poem. :thumbup:

Seriously someone should read it out over Nimrod and post it on youtube or something

Just imagine how good Hernandez could be when his English improves. It's easy to underestimate how difficult it is for players who are faced with a language barrier, especially someone like Hernandez who has to constantly communicate and stay organised with the other defenders. 

He's only ever played one season in a top division (La Liga), and he got relegated. To then be signed by the Premier League champions is a clear indication that he's a competent player, if that makes sense. A bit like Idrissa Gueye getting relegated and going to Everton, or Nathan Redmond getting relegated and going to Southampton. 

----------------------------------------------------------------
As for Daniel Amartey. Just wow. He's only 21! There are very midfielders in WORLD football who are regularly playing at such a high level at such a young age. That may seem like a bold statement but I'm sure it's true. 

He's almost 4 years younger than Chelsea's CDM... How many CDMs are there who are younger than Amartey and playing regularly for a TOP European team? Julien Weigl at Dortmund is a couple of months older. Joshua Kimmich, Adrien Rabiot, Saúl are the only names that come to mind.

46 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

This reads like a poem. :thumbup:

Seriously someone should read it out over Nimrod and post it on youtube or something

I failed the 11 plus

Now I am sitting the 62 plus

Just like your dad Gus.

See When reading your comments,

I dont get into a flap

I am the cool crazy old man

Doing the grandad Rap

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I have  already turned down the  Telegraph, Morgan Post and Le Soir.

Telegraph wasnt successfull with the entrappment attempt.

Morgan Post knocked on the door too damn early

Le Soir couldnt keep up with my nights out.

I turned down the daily mirror as it happens.  Just wasn't for me on reflection.

50 minutes ago, LAprice_ said:

He's only ever played one season in a top division (La Liga), and he got relegated. To then be signed by the Premier League champions is a clear indication that he's a competent player, if that makes sense. A bit like Idrissa Gueye getting relegated and going to Everton, or Nathan Redmond getting relegated and going to Southampton.

Sporting Gijon did not get relegated. He played at CB pretty much every game for them and ended the season with the most interceptions in La Liga.

5 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Were you still pissed when you wrote this?

18 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Were you still pissed when you wrote this?

You mean Was I well lubricated, I cant tell I dont understand the word sober/ Nuechtern.

That state sounds so boring, like going to the pub with an empty box of matches.

Just holding a box of Forlorn space and promises...:D

I think we need to start realising we have an amazing squad and more importantly the players need to start realising how good that squad is. Ive not known a Leicester City squad that good ever and Im going back since the early 80s when I started going to some games as a youngster.

We now have players on our bench that would walk into 60-70% of Prem sides. The likes of Ulloa, Oka, Schlupp, Musa, Kapusta, Gray and Chilwell could be first teamers in many prem teams no problem. We then have players like Vardy, Drinkwater, Slimani, Schmeichel and Mahrez who could easily get transfers into some of the biggest sides in the world. I personally wouldnt be surprised in seeing Mahrez at Barca, DD at Real Madrid or Vardy at Bayern. We have real serious players now and a fantastic blend of younger players coming through, peak aged players and a bit of wily experience.

The strength is there but now we need to deal with something else. Expectation! Now we have the players, many in their prime and we are good enough to be in the bracket of Top 7 with an aim of being regular challengers to the the final Champions League position. I think we are under selling ourselves a bit with our expectations really. It seems like the owners are thinking big and want to make us a real force but just looking at our squad here and now it is really good. Can anyone think of a better sense of offensive players as a group of options that ours? I honestly cant and Im not being blinkered here!!

To add a final link to the original post, our lads will mature, will get confidence from games like last night and will get more belief. We have loads of potential but we need to stop hiding behind it and understand we are the real deal and then the skys the limit.

Archived