Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

2 men proved themselves .A Team matured.

10 minutes ago, crazyleicester said:

I think we need to start realising we have an amazing squad and more importantly the players need to start realising how good that squad is. Ive not known a Leicester City squad that good ever and Im going back since the early 80s when I started going to some games as a youngster.

We now have players on our bench that would walk into 60-70% of Prem sides. The likes of Ulloa, Oka, Schlupp, Musa, Kapusta, Gray and Chilwell could be first teamers in many prem teams no problem. We then have players like Vardy, Drinkwater, Slimani, Schmeichel and Mahrez who could easily get transfers into some of the biggest sides in the world. I personally wouldnt be surprised in seeing Mahrez at Barca, DD at Real Madrid or Vardy at Bayern. We have real serious players now and a fantastic blend of younger players coming through, peak aged players and a bit of wily experience.

The strength is there but now we need to deal with something else. Expectation! Now we have the players, many in their prime and we are good enough to be in the bracket of Top 7 with an aim of being regular challengers to the the final Champions League position. I think we are under selling ourselves a bit with our expectations really. It seems like the owners are thinking big and want to make us a real force but just looking at our squad here and now it is really good. Can anyone think of a better sense of offensive players as a group of options that ours? I honestly cant and Im not being blinkered here!!

To add a final link to the original post, our lads will mature, will get confidence from games like last night and will get more belief. We have loads of potential but we need to stop hiding behind it and understand we are the real deal and then the skys the limit.

That is so true.  The only fly in the ointment is time.  They need time to understand which way they will break which style they will play.  I believe this year will be tough.  But next year will be great.

10 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Should prob find an opportunity to give Herny another runout at CB. He looked doggo against Hull but can't write him off for that position based on one game. We also are gonna need the cover.

Yes!!! Huth can show him the ropes :D

12 minutes ago, Sionnach gorm said:

That is so true.  The only fly in the ointment is time.  They need time to understand which way they will break which style they will play.  I believe this year will be tough.  But next year will be great.

We cant afford to fall too far behind as the likes of Morgan, Fuchs and Huth wont last forever and Id be surprised if Mahrez doesnt go next summer. We also dont need a real poor season as the likes of DD, Vardy and Mahrez are too good to be involved in relegation fights.

I suppose if i wanted us to be any type of model of another club it would be Borussia Dortmund. I would understand we would lose some of our best players and maybe a couple per season but I also want us to be in a position to replace them with the big fish players from a small bowl. It can be done IMO as long as we are recruiting correctly.

With these owners at the helm, I see no reason why we cant have a plan to keep inching closer to the big boys. Spus were always 5th or 6th and after years of subtle improvements now seem to have gate crashed the top 4 and look like being regulars there. They have done that by loaning players out like Kane and Rose and buying youngsters like Alli and Kyle Walker who have gone on to be Internationals. They have bought some players and some have ended up being turkeys but some look class. They have also sold players from Keane to Berbatov, Modric to Bale, Sol Campbell to Klinsmann over the years but now have arrived. We need to be there or thereabouts so we can kick on and try to gate crash these sides. It was a million miles away 10 seasons ago, now its only up the road!

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Hernandez was good but I always felt that, even after the Hull game I didn't think he was too bad compared to the rest (Morgan was all over the place that day too). People writing him off after a game or two is laughable. He's a bit slow which could hinder him in a full back position but I think he reads the game quite well.

Drinkwater was superb again and MOTM for me. Without Drinkwater I don't even want to think where we'd be, he's the heartbeat of the side.

Amartey has looked good in all our home games so far. 

We've got tough games coming up... Southampton, Chelsea, Spurs.

Don't even mentioning losing Drinkwater...it don't bare thinking about!

On 9/28/2016 at 18:12, crazyleicester said:

I think we need to start realising we have an amazing squad and more importantly the players need to start realising how good that squad is. Ive not known a Leicester City squad that good ever and Im going back since the early 80s when I started going to some games as a youngster.

We now have players on our bench that would walk into 60-70% of Prem sides. The likes of Ulloa, Oka, Schlupp, Musa, Kapusta, Gray and Chilwell could be first teamers in many prem teams no problem. We then have players like Vardy, Drinkwater, Slimani, Schmeichel and Mahrez who could easily get transfers into some of the biggest sides in the world. I personally wouldnt be surprised in seeing Mahrez at Barca, DD at Real Madrid or Vardy at Bayern. We have real serious players now and a fantastic blend of younger players coming through, peak aged players and a bit of wily experience.

The strength is there but now we need to deal with something else. Expectation! Now we have the players, many in their prime and we are good enough to be in the bracket of Top 7 with an aim of being regular challengers to the the final Champions League position. I think we are under selling ourselves a bit with our expectations really. It seems like the owners are thinking big and want to make us a real force but just looking at our squad here and now it is really good. Can anyone think of a better sense of offensive players as a group of options that ours? I honestly cant and Im not being blinkered here!!

To add a final link to the original post, our lads will mature, will get confidence from games like last night and will get more belief. We have loads of potential but we need to stop hiding behind it and understand we are the real deal and then the skys the limit.

Older fans will tell you we've had lots of quality players and some every bit as exciting as the guys we've got now.  We've certainly never had the strength in depth that's available today though, nor a team to quite match the relentless workrate and consistency of last year's and the all-round ability to go with it.

Shilton and banks for instance were different class as goalkeepers - and needed to be at times! :D 

Davie Gibson was a magical number ten.

Derek Hogg and Lennie Glover exhilarating wingers.

Derek Dougan and Frank Worthington such brilliant centre-forwards.

Emile Heskey a tower of fast-moving strength.

Frank McLintock and Graham Cross like suped-up combine-harvesters in midfield.

Ian King masterful at centre-half and John Sjoberg like a rock.

There were many more but now we're getting the depth of players to mount a consistent rather than a one-off challenge and sustain it - and I don't ever remember us being in that position for all that we still have some gaping weaknesses. .        

Archived