Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FLAN

Consistency of info from club (and lcfchelp)

So I broke my ankle last weekend and have it in a cast and getting about on crutches. Sent a message to lcfchelp yesterday who came back to say crutches are not allowed in the seating areas at the ground. By the time I saw this it was too late to call the club so headed down anyway. Got to tursnstiles and had no issues getting in (via gate) or to seat (sk1). 

Happened to notice another ST close by with a crutch and saw one other fan on way out in same state as me

so why can't the club be clearer on such policies. Had I seen the message earlier I may have just stayed at home when there is actually no issue here. 

I would never question that Jim (LCFC Help and Supporter Liason Officer) puts everything into trying to help, but there does feel like a serious lack of consistency between information given by LCFC Help and the club. I think the most recent issue has been surrounding the returning of Away Champions league match tickets. LCFC Help tweeted that they would be accepting returns on these should people not be able to go, before stating that these would only be whilst tickets are still on sale. This has since been revised to all tickets are non-refundable following consultation with 'senior management'. It seems some booked with the intention of going but obviously things in life crop up and now are stuck with a very expensive ticket which they cannot attend nor sell. I cannot attend Copenhagen away for personal reasons however despite putting messages out advising these are refundable, now cannot have this sold to another person who is desperate to go. I have even offered to meet them in the middle and have the ticket price returned in fanstore credit (they still get the money) and they sell the ticket on, effectively doubling their money on the ticket, which has also been refused. I have offered to source the person (with correct priority level) to have the ticket transferred to and this has also been refused. I wouldn't mind so much if there had been a strict policy to begin with but if they are going to change their mind and leave fans out of pocket with no way of being able to use the ticket after quite murky communication then it seems frustrating when you have offered to resolve the situation and you are still turned down.

Just my personal situation - but seems to be a lot of inconsistencies around at the moment.

Probably should just leave this but I'd say the policy is the opposite if 1 person says I can't go in yet I got in past a number of stewards (and with their assistance) 

All I was raising was the inconsistencies which shouldn't really exist. 

Thanks for sharing your tinder profile pic by the way 

1 minute ago, FLAN said:

Probably should just leave this but I'd say the policy is the opposite if 1 person says I can't go in yet I got in past a number of stewards (and with their assistance) 

All I was raising was the inconsistencies which shouldn't really exist. 

Thanks for sharing your tinder profile pic by the way 

Always see loads of people walking in the ground with crutches. Could you imagine the uproar if they started confiscating them or banning them. The club don't know their arse from their face half the time.

54 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Always see loads of people walking in the ground with crutches. Could you imagine the uproar if they started confiscating them or banning them. The club don't know their arse from their face half the time.

Stop moaning :)

4 hours ago, FLAN said:

So I broke my ankle last weekend and have it in a cast and getting about on crutches. Sent a message to lcfchelp yesterday who came back to say crutches are not allowed in the seating areas at the ground. By the time I saw this it was too late to call the club so headed down anyway. Got to tursnstiles and had no issues getting in (via gate) or to seat (sk1). 

Happened to notice another ST close by with a crutch and saw one other fan on way out in same state as me

so why can't the club be clearer on such policies. Had I seen the message earlier I may have just stayed at home when there is actually no issue here. 

I was on crutches for the Everton game. I emailed the club to see if that was ok and didn't get a response. Got in no problems the same as you but was prepared to dump the crutches and hop to my seat if needed! 

7 hours ago, FraserSorensen said:

I would never question that Jim (LCFC Help and Supporter Liason Officer) puts everything into trying to help, but there does feel like a serious lack of consistency between information given by LCFC Help and the club. I think the most recent issue has been surrounding the returning of Away Champions league match tickets. LCFC Help tweeted that they would be accepting returns on these should people not be able to go, before stating that these would only be whilst tickets are still on sale. This has since been revised to all tickets are non-refundable following consultation with 'senior management'. It seems some booked with the intention of going but obviously things in life crop up and now are stuck with a very expensive ticket which they cannot attend nor sell. I cannot attend Copenhagen away for personal reasons however despite putting messages out advising these are refundable, now cannot have this sold to another person who is desperate to go. I have even offered to meet them in the middle and have the ticket price returned in fanstore credit (they still get the money) and they sell the ticket on, effectively doubling their money on the ticket, which has also been refused. I have offered to source the person (with correct priority level) to have the ticket transferred to and this has also been refused. I wouldn't mind so much if there had been a strict policy to begin with but if they are going to change their mind and leave fans out of pocket with no way of being able to use the ticket after quite murky communication then it seems frustrating when you have offered to resolve the situation and you are still turned down.

Just my personal situation - but seems to be a lot of inconsistencies around at the moment.

If this is true, it's a joke. There's no way that should even be legal, you can't claim you can have a refund and then refuse

I know certain people on here think Jim is the messiah when needing information or help. But I've found him unhelpful or been given wrong information by him several times through the LCFC help Twitter account. 

@FraserSorensen is spot on regarding the return of champions league tickets. A friend of mine tweeted him asking if tickets are returnable he stated they were, when my friend tried to return them they said they couldn't. Luckily my friend had proof of what he had been told by the LCFC help Twitter account and he was refunded after a lot of complaining and raised voices. 

I've been trying to find out from the club how to apply for a job there. It just says 'send application to [email protected]' on the advert. There are no forms on the website so I'm guessing they just want my CV. Anyway, sent it to the mentioned email, no response. Tried others like HR, LCFC Help, no response whatsoever, it's been at least a month now. Pathetic.

7 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Luckily my friend had proof of what he had been told by the LCFC help Twitter account and he was refunded after a lot of complaining and raised voices. 

Hi mate, would you mind forwarding anything your friend has on this and any information about the resolution (email trails ect) if these are available to him? I'm going down on Saturday to see if anything more can be done.

I think many inconsistencies stem from having only Jim run the Twitter account, email and phone services, and if he is wrong, or doesn't have the time to take your issue further, then you don't get an answer, or if you do, a potentially incorrect one.

Some seem to suggest that OP is just moaning about the crutches - at the end of the day it could have caused him to miss the game unnecessarily if he didn't feel comfortable without, or cause difficulties if he did go without that he didn't need to - simply because no-one actually knows/enforces policy.

23 hours ago, FraserSorensen said:

The problem lies with the aforesaid "senior management"

These are the clueless people who's unthoughtout policies are causing such confusion. They've been in place for quite a while & show no signs of being replaced by competent organisation.

No refunds, unbelievable!!

On 28/09/2016 at 14:37, FLAN said:

It is correct that Supporters on crutches are not allowed in the main seating areas. This is because of the ibrox disaster. The problem is the matchday stewards don't enforce it or are unaware of the policy. 

21 minutes ago, foxite said:

It is correct that Supporters on crutches are not allowed in the main seating areas. This is because of the ibrox disaster. The problem is the matchday stewards don't enforce it or are unaware of the policy. 

Which is what causes problems. Next time one may quite rightly turn me away and I will be able to point to benign there this week 

it's a pretty simple rule to enforce if they just informed people. And I would understand the logic behind it 

23 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I know certain people on here think Jim is the messiah when needing information or help. But I've found him unhelpful or been given wrong information by him several times through the LCFC help Twitter account. 

@FraserSorensen is spot on regarding the return of champions league tickets. A friend of mine tweeted him asking if tickets are returnable he stated they were, when my friend tried to return them they said they couldn't. Luckily my friend had proof of what he had been told by the LCFC help Twitter account and he was refunded after a lot of complaining and raised voices. 

Jim is the messiah. That villa celeb though

For Sunday's game I went formal and the club sorted out a pitchside ticket for me to avoid clambering up the steps with crutches. There was an Asian steward with shoulder length hair who very kindly went and fetched my son and my dad to come sit with me when he realised there were some spare seats next to me down there. I'd mentioned it to him as I arrived but thought nothing of it until he arrives 5 mins into the match with them in tow. 

Anyway once you are on crutches you tend to notice others who are in the same boat. I spotted 2 people struggling up the steps at the kop end on crutches. Seems this policy isn't very well known or policed 

big thanks to the steward though - top Man 

Slightly off topic but, my mother in law (76) can't walk to the ground now but can walk a bit, so it's a wheelchair to the ground then walk to get normal seat, the trouble we have had every match this season getting through the 'disabled' gates when we don't have a disabled / carer ticket!!

even got emails from Jim to say we put the wheelchair through the gate, and walk through the turnstiles, bloody jobsworth every week threatens with 'I shouldn't let you in'

like going to Maccy d's and ordering a Big Mac with out gherkins, anything that isn't black n White is too much for some people's brains to comprehend

Archived