Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

What's going on with Kaputska?

Doesn't even get a game for the U21s. Is he injured?

Seeing that we're out of the League Cup and FA Cup starts in January, plus we got some tough games coming up, I wonder when we will see him. We're almost in October and he still hasn't played a single minute.

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Doesn't even get a game for the U21s. Is he injured?

Seeing that we're out of the League Cup and FA Cup starts in January, plus we got some tough games coming up, I wonder when we will see him. We're almost in October and he still hasn't played a single minute.

Hope it doesn't end the way Kramaric's did. 

I remember reading on here a few weeks ago that Ranieri doesn't want first team members playing for the reserves anymore. I can't see that benefiting him or Chilwell not getting any games at all, but at least they're getting game time at international level - for now.

It must really eat at your morale when you come here on the back of rave reviews and heralded as a better prospect than Lewandowski and then that lummox Schlupp gets in in front of you as soon as he's fit. Not to even give him any minutes in the cup last week was scandalous, I don't see when else he gets a game for us until next year. My only criticism of Ranieri is his wishy washy approach to giving youngsters a chance.

Strength in depth!

Albrighton has Musa and Shlupp behind him and Mahrez has Gray who can also play on either side. Kapusta is young and Im sure didnt come thinking he is guaranteed to come here and start for the Champions. I see things changing in January though and will be surprised if the likes of Ulloa and Schlupp stuck around and on top of that we have the AFCON ahead where we will lose players and hopefully by then Kapusta has learned the lingo and the way we play and is ready for some game time. Im sure he will feature at times during the second half of the season but like Gray and Chilwell, he is part of our long term future.

I don't understand the amount of attacking players we signed in correlation to the defence. We should have been looking to improve the defence first. We've now ended up with Gray, Albrighton, Mahrez, Schlupp, Kapuska all available for wide positions. Maybe add Musa to that too who often plays wide for us. 

If he is the real deal then he needs exposure to first team football or else his progress will stagnate. And I'm not having that Schlupp is better than him either.

It is a bit strange that the closest a £7.5M signing has got to playing for us is sitting on the bench in an EFL cup game, especially when he is still starting and playing for his national team! It probably speaks to the strength of our attacking options as record signing Musa hasn't had that much game time yet either.

Some folks on here have said that when asked Ranieri was asked said "he's not ready yet" but I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere in the press myself. That would make sense with the Sports Science story that Sol the Wall posted above as he did look a bit scrawny when we signed him. That said people thought Zola would flop in the English game because of his lack of physique and he didn't do too badly!

In the early games of the season I saw him actively warming up with the senior squad, doing keepy-uppy and the like, so it doesn't seem like he's been cast off. Also I think Ranieri's record with youth isn't too bad - Demari Grey and Amartey are young players brought in who are getting chances. 

But like all of us I am intrigued to see him play because he looked very good for Poland in all of the games he's played for them.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It must really eat at your morale when you come here on the back of rave reviews and heralded as a better prospect than Lewandowski and then that lummox Schlupp gets in in front of you as soon as he's fit. Not to even give him any minutes in the cup last week was scandalous, I don't see when else he gets a game for us until next year. My only criticism of Ranieri is his wishy washy approach to giving youngsters a chance.

The screaming fannies on here who panicked that we might sell Schlupp & Ulloa for the best part of £25m. :blush:

I'm all for selling squad players who have been here years and allowing highly rated youngsters like Kapustka to fill that void. If we sign 19 year olds for £7m then we need to allow them to be involved and ideally there places shouldn't be taken up by squad players.

I also wonder how Chilwell must be feeling, could have been getting first team football at Liverpool yet chose to stay here and has only played one game in the cup even though he played all of pre season.

Our youth players need game time to develop yet they don't seem to be getting it. Yesterday would have been a great time to bring on Gray with 20 minutes to go to try and push Porto back, instead he gets 5 minutes and spends all of it defending.

I'm hoping we see Kapustka start in the FA Cup. Schlupp recently has frustrated me, I stuck up for him the past few seasons but recently he doesn't seem to be trying as hard. Quite a few times he could run into space behind the defense or try and take on his man yet he doesn't, instead playing a safe pass or staying in line with his fellow attackers when he can easily run ahead.

33 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

I also wonder how Chilwell must be feeling, could have been getting first team football at Liverpool yet chose to stay here and has only played one game in the cup even though he played all of pre season.

Our youth players need game time to develop yet they don't seem to be getting it. Yesterday would have been a great time to bring on Gray with 20 minutes to go to try and push Porto back, instead he gets 5 minutes and spends all of it defending.

I'm hoping we see Kapustka start in the FA Cup. Schlupp recently has frustrated me, I stuck up for him the past few seasons but recently he doesn't seem to be trying as hard. Quite a few times he could run into space behind the defense or try and take on his man yet he doesn't, instead playing a safe pass or staying in line with his fellow attackers when he can easily run ahead.

I agree, feel he should start ahead of Fuchs.

The whole Kaputska situation is becomming a joke. He is a first teamer for Poland (and scores goals) yet he hasn't even had a chance in this team and like others have said, behind Schlupp!

Leicester have got to be careful with these youngsters such as Kaputska, Chilwell and Gray. Come next season we wont be premier league champions and these youngsters will be looking for new challenges and the knack of having won the league will have gone. They will leave for other Premier league teams either to be a sub at the top 6 or first team for another mid table prem team.

Gray could do anything and still not start! Unfortunatly Ranieri plays people for their names not current ability and drive. Its like the old sunday league times when the manager always had his favourites!

It sure is odd that Schlupp is ahead of Kapustka, given recent performances.

I can only assume that after the WBA interest, Schlupp was given assurances for playing time...

Schlupp needs to be moved on, he is nowhere near the standard for a first team player.

Like many, I would like to see Kapu get some game time.Knowing we in January will be losing a few

Afcon players. I see him being on the bench at least sooner than later.

I presume the following players, will be away during the AFCON tournament..

Musa ( nigeria replacing Egypt)

Mahrez

Schlupp

Slimani

Mendy is French just in case people  question otherwise.

Relax folks, The Club are handling him perfectly. He's in a strange country, didn't speak the language when he came and had little physical strength. He's been handles similar to Gray. If you look at the difference in Gray now to when he arrived. He was talented but also lacked a physical presence. Now look at him, Defenders can't knock him off the Ball easily.

I think that may have been the mistake we made with Krameric. Bringing him in and letting him believe he was going to play regularly until we found out he wasn't up to it physically.

Kapuska looks really talented and I think he will fill our left side for years to come once he gets his chance.

This time I believe the Club are right. Just be patient.

Archived