Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

What's going on with Kaputska?

11 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

It is a bit strange that the closest a £7.5M signing has got to playing for us is sitting on the bench in an EFL cup game, especially when he is still starting and playing for his national team! It probably speaks to the strength of our attacking options as record signing Musa hasn't had that much game time yet either.

Some folks on here have said that when asked Ranieri was asked said "he's not ready yet" but I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere in the press myself. That would make sense with the Sports Science story that Sol the Wall posted above as he did look a bit scrawny when we signed him. That said people thought Zola would flop in the English game because of his lack of physique and he didn't do too badly!

In the early games of the season I saw him actively warming up with the senior squad, doing keepy-uppy and the like, so it doesn't seem like he's been cast off. Also I think Ranieri's record with youth isn't too bad - Demari Grey and Amartey are young players brought in who are getting chances. 

But like all of us I am intrigued to see him play because he looked very good for Poland in all of the games he's played for them.

Then he went and tripped Mary Decker, and the fact he looked liked a woman

14 hours ago, Babylon said:

Because we lose Slim, Mahrez, Schlupp in Jan. Gray, Albrighton, Musa and Kapustka will be our only wing options in Jan and one of them is Vardy cover as well.

And Amartey, apparently Kaputska can play midfield (or according to some on here is the answer to our midfield problems).

22 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

My only criticism of Ranieri is his wishy washy approach to giving youngsters a chance.

that's a bit harsh. at what stage has he had much of a chance to throw a few youngsters in and see what happens? when we were grinding out 1-0 wins in our most important season in our 132 year history he brought gray on every week, what else did you want in those situations? chilwell on for huth? that 12 year old danish keeper in for kasper just for a laugh? 

chilwell and gray are both very young and have featured in every cup (?) game since ranieri arrived. the league last year was way too important. he even gave joe dodoo a chance in the league and the cup last season. kaputska will get played when he's ready to play and when it's reasonable for him to play. like gray, like chilwell, like dodoo, like all the other youngsters we've had the last 18 months. 

we're not playing dead rubber championship games anymore. we can't just "experiment" with two or three debutant kids just cos they've got exciting names or scored 83 times for some random youth team. 

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

Rashford?

Exactly, but in general, there are plenty of footballers who play at 19 or did play when they were 19. Its not 'young' when you think there are 16 year olds making their debuts albeit not in the premier league.

Im not saying he should be starting or coming on every game but he should atleast be given a chance to show what hes got.

If he is that ill prepared and not in our plans we should look to loan him out rather than him not being in a match day squad at all.

Yeah, I'd chill out about this one. The lad's young, can barely communicate with his team-mates yet and will be nowhere near ready physically. He's come from an incredibly inferior league whose champions have already sacked their manager thanks to a terrible start.

Just look at Musa - lots of experience, Champions League too, but even he's not up to scratch yet. These things don't happen overnight. 

I'm quietly confident on this kid making his break through in style sooner rather or later.  pretty sure Ranieri brought him on against barca in the 2nd half in Stockholm.  He looked confident on the ball with a great touch and ability for close control.

thats saying something against a team like barca.

If he's getting groomed like Gray was then we're in for something really special when he finally makes his debut.  Let's wait and see.

Rashford is one out of how many and he's English. In Kapuska's case you're talking about a young lad going away to a foreign Country away from Family where he doesn't speak the language or know anyone. He's totally dependent on the Club guiding him properly and in the right direction. Then there's the added pressure from home real or otherwise. But in his head he's thinking he has to be a success or he'll be talked of as a failure. The Club probably realise they got the Krameric situation wrong and have learn't from it.

As well as the Sports Science building him up, I bet he's having regular therapy sessions to prepare him for all the pressures and hype that comes with being a modern day success. 

To turn the situation around how many stars from the top Clubs have gone overseas and never really made it. And yet they were more mature and successful here and still struggled abroad. 

I'm sure when he gets his chance he'll be better prepared to take it. 

12 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I'm quietly confident on this kid making his break through in style sooner rather or later.  pretty sure Ranieri brought him on against barca in the 2nd half in Stockholm.  He looked confident on the ball with a great touch and ability for close control.

thats saying something against a team like barca.

If he's getting groomed like Gray was then we're in for something really special when he finally makes his debut.  Let's wait and see.

He's all of that plus he has a Strikers instinct. He'll score plenty of goals for us I'm sure. They say good things come to those who wait. 

To be fair Claudio keeps mentioning how much he hates the 5 man sub bench. He wants an 11 man bench for this very reason. So when we're 3-0 up against Burnley he can throw on a Kaputska/Chilwell/Moore. But as he doesn't know how a game will play out he always has to err on the side of caution with his 5.

The Schluppinator could be one helluva player. Just lacking discipline. He is very young though.

I see him as the unknown quantum particle in our team, a free radical in waiting if you like, who could either light up a game or cock it up in a baffling display of Huh?

I think he needs some guidance on a different level or will be Championship player for the rest of his career.:(

5 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

that's a bit harsh. at what stage has he had much of a chance to throw a few youngsters in and see what happens? when we were grinding out 1-0 wins in our most important season in our 132 year history he brought gray on every week, what else did you want in those situations? chilwell on for huth? that 12 year old danish keeper in for kasper just for a laugh? 

chilwell and gray are both very young and have featured in every cup (?) game since ranieri arrived. the league last year was way too important. he even gave joe dodoo a chance in the league and the cup last season. kaputska will get played when he's ready to play and when it's reasonable for him to play. like gray, like chilwell, like dodoo, like all the other youngsters we've had the last 18 months. 

we're not playing dead rubber championship games anymore. we can't just "experiment" with two or three debutant kids just cos they've got exciting names or scored 83 times for some random youth team. 

I actually thought there were many times when we were 2 goals to the good with 15-20

mins left and a sub still to make where he could have bought Chilwell on last season but didn't once. I don't understand in what other situation in the league could you give a player the chance then?

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I actually thought there were many times when we were 2 goals to the good with 15-20

mins left and a sub still to make where he could have bought Chilwell on last season but didn't once. I don't understand in what other situation in the league could you give a player the chance then?

it used to be pretty easy to give them a chance because we'd have midweek games galore vs barnsley or preston when first teamers weren't 100%, or we'd get to april and the best and worst we could do was finish mid table in the championship. we'd be 3-0 up against blackpool or 2-0 down vs cardiff with 20 mins left. get the random next messi on. why not.

last season, and so far this season (ranieri's only time in charge) we've had very, very few "unimportant" games, and barely any unimportant minutes either. and still in that time gray and chilwell have been pretty heavily involved. kaputska will be too when he's ready. 

Stop bedwetting FFS.

He's being handled with caution and he'll make his mark when the manager and staff think he's ready and not a moment before, if you think you know better than these people then by all means get in touch with Claudio and tell him. 

The lad is adapting on many fronts, the last thing he needs is to play and not do well and have the same reactionary children spouting off that he's a waste of money and why did we sign him rather than giving Schlupp more chances.... blah blah blah.

Archived