Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

no demarai gray

22 hours ago, AS78UK said:

We are going to loose him and Chilwell soon. Will be gutted, but can't see how we won't, unless Raneri starts players on form. 

Kapuska could be another, but got to give Raneri benefit of doubt on him for now. 

'for now' how people saying Ranieri could possibly piss them off is beyond me. He won us the premier league ffs if he wants to play jeff in goal i'd still love the man.

There's always a reason with Ranieri. Gray won't be ready for 90 mins yet, i imagine. 

59 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

'for now' how people saying Ranieri could possibly piss them off is beyond me. He won us the premier league ffs if he wants to play jeff in goal i'd still love the man.

There's always a reason with Ranieri. Gray won't be ready for 90 mins yet, i imagine. 

Jeff in goal> Jeff outfield in my opinion.

Listening to Claudio post game he obviously views Musa as a winger. I don't get it. 

I also don't get not even selecting Gray again. Yet the incapable Schlupp is on there yet again.

He'll end up wanting to leave, same as Chilwell probably. We're just stagnating careers of players with good potential.

Chilwell has Fuchs ahead of him. Fuchs is a solid competent 7/10 most games player. So I understand why Chilwell doesn't play much. Fuchs is better and is rightfully our first choice left back. Gray, however, has got an out of form Albrighton and brain dead Schlupp ahead of him - which is bizarre and frustrating.

How defensive is he? If Ranieri wants two defensive wingers, and with our defence at the moment you may want that, I can see why he'd chose Schlupp and Albrighton.

If you concede we need at least one defensively minded winger, then Gray's Mahrez's replacement.

I'd be very excited to see him, but replacing a proven match winner in must-wins is hardly an easy choice!

13 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

How defensive is he? If Ranieri wants two defensive wingers, and with our defence at the moment you may want that, I can see why he'd chose Schlupp and Albrighton.

If you concede we need at least one defensively minded winger, then Gray's Mahrez's replacement.

I'd be very excited to see him, but replacing a proven match winner in must-wins is hardly an easy choice!

I remember he came on for Mahrez down to 10 at Arsenal and made at least one spectacular defensive challenge. But I think he wants to be looking forward.

As for Schlupp. I have no idea why people try to say he has any defensive ability because we've seen him play all of the left side positions. Schlupp's only asset is pace and the unpredictability of a chicken running around with his head cut off.

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

I remember he came on for Mahrez down to 10 at Arsenal and made at least one spectacular defensive challenge. But I think he wants to be looking forward.

As for Schlupp. I have no idea why people try to say he has any defensive ability because we've seen him play all of the left side positions. Schlupp's only asset is pace and the unpredictability of a chicken running around with his head cut off.

He did play left back, however. I don't think anyone is saying he should be that again. But he surely understands those duties better than Musa, Gray and Mahrez, making him our second best choice defensive winger should we need that.

Anyway, I'd be happy starting Gray alongside Mahrez, if not replacing him, with Albrighton waiting on the sidelines ready to quickly come on if we're lacking defensively. Risky, but meh.

Claudio certainly put trust in him at the start of the season with his start against Hull, and has suddenly lost faith in him, I think this is entirely down to application and attitude. If I was him I'd be spending a lot of time with albrighton and Fuchs and trying to develop my defensive game. Asking the coaches to include me in the defensive drills and asking them to put me on a specific programme. Instead it seems he's spending a lot of time with Jack Grealish and putting cryptic messages on social media

5 hours ago, Koke said:

Chilwell has Fuchs ahead of him. Fuchs is a solid competent 7/10 most games player. So I understand why Chilwell doesn't play much. Fuchs is better and is rightfully our first choice left back. Gray, however, has got an out of form Albrighton and brain dead Schlupp ahead of him - which is bizarre and frustrating.

Chilwell and Fuchs are like-for-like though. Albrighton and Gray are not.

Despite his social media and apparent attitude problem, and the fact that I like Albrighton, I'm all for playing Gray. Just not in a 442 without Albrighton, Okazaki, or Kante in the side. Gray is like-for-like for Mahrez, but I wouldn't drop Mahrez, and Kante isn't coming back.

So if we play 442 with Mahrez and Gray, then drop Vardy + Albrighton for Okazaki + Gray.

Or 4231, dropping Vardy for Gray, and play with a fluid 3 (though Albrighton won't go central).

Or 433, dropping Albrighton + a striker for Gray + another CM.

Or 343, dropping Simpson + a striker for Hernandez + Gray, playing Albrighton as a RWB and Fuchs as a LWB.

Be interesting if Gray and Mahrez played on opposite flanks at same time.

Try and use them to create opportunities and goals, then use Albrighton when we're comfortably winning for defending the lead late on.

The general consensus is that Gray's a like for like replacement for Mahrez. Agreed.

Does that make Kaputska the like for like replacement for Albrighton? If so, why don't we mix it up and create some competition on the flanks.

Vs Palace:

Mahrez RW, Kaputska LW.

Vs Spurs:

Gray RW, Albrighton LW.

11 hours ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Claudio certainly put trust in him at the start of the season with his start against Hull, and has suddenly lost faith in him, I think this is entirely down to application and attitude. If I was him I'd be spending a lot of time with albrighton and Fuchs and trying to develop my defensive game. Asking the coaches to include me in the defensive drills and asking them to put me on a specific programme. Instead it seems he's spending a lot of time with Jack Grealish and putting cryptic messages on social media

Jack G has absolutely no positive influence to impart on Gray..

maybe Gray's stinker is his attitude,... ya know some young players do have  attitude problems - nice car, nice money, nice chicks 

But then again - this is pro football - the manager should onl;y  be influenced by performance on the pitch

23 hours ago, sm1 said:

It was Vardy's cross which set up Mahrez's goal. How many times has an Albrighton cross from the left led to a goal. Even though he plays every game i can't remember. On top of that i'm quoting your stats that show Albrighton had a terrible game going forward, to add to his appalling cross stats, he had a long ball success ratio of 37.5%. Granted he has excellent work rate and is a decent defender, but if thats all the qualities we want from our 1st choice LW then we might as well play Chillwell there, atleast he can cross. Vardy's way below his form of last season, as are most of the squad, but thats no excuse for Albrighton's lack of form. Like it or not he's not playing well.

On the subject of Demarai, its a strange one. Claudio rated him enough to put him on as a sub last season in some very important games, so the fact he's not even getting that chance now is strange. If we don't see him on the bench against Palace, it could spell danger.

His crossing led to a goal in the last game, hardly his fault the lino rules it out for offside when it wasn't.

Do we have crossing and long ball stats for everyone? Because they are usually low because of the very nature of those sorts of balls.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

His crossing led to a goal in the last game, hardly his fault the lino rules it out for offside when it wasn't.

Do we have crossing and long ball stats for everyone? Because they are usually low because of the very nature of those sorts of balls.

Would be interesting to see his cross to goalkeepers hands/out of play percentage. It must be pretty high. I had always thought Albrighton was a top quality crosser, but I'm starting to think he's okay but looks class compared to some of the wingers that have preceeded him.

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Try and use them to create opportunities and goals, then use Albrighton when we're comfortably winning for defending the lead late on.

Isn't that what we did against hull? I don't remember us comfortably winning.

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

We did that against Hull and were essentially playing 4-2-4 and got slaughtered down the wings against Hull ****ing City of all teams.

I'm all for playing Mahrez and Gray in the same side but definitely not in a 4-4-2. I don't want to see a repeat of being overrun in midfield by teams like Hull.

I don't really buy the 'attitude' excuse when Schlupp is ahead of him. His attitude is atrocious when he's playing. He doesn't put in any effort at all.

That's as bad as having an attitude off the pitch. In fact it's worse when us fans have to pay to watch the usless ****er.

If that is the case, put Kapustka on the bench rather than both of them. I don't care if he's not fully ready.

I love Claudio but whatever he's doing this season, it isn't really working as well as he or we would have hoped. I think a lot of the players are letting him down, but he's making some mistakes as well.

1 minute ago, Kitchandro said:

I don't really buy the 'attitude' excuse when Schlupp is ahead of him. His attitude is atrocious when he's playing. He doesn't put in any effort at all.

That's as bad as having an attitude off the pitch. In fact it's worse when us fans have to pay to watch the usless ****er.

If that is the case, put Kapustka on the bench rather than both of them. I don't care if he's not fully ready.

I love Claudio but whatever he's doing this season, it isn't really working as well as he or we would have hoped. I think a lot of the players are letting him down, but he's making some mistakes as well.

Don't even start on Schlupp. Fvck me. Dunno how he actually makes the bench.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Don't even start on Schlupp. Fvck me. Dunno how he actually makes the bench.

Yup bloke steals a living as a pro footballer.

No wonder Gray has a bad attitude seeing Schlupp constantly ahead of him.

28 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

God forbid Fuchs getting injured if Schlupp is still seen as LB cover.

Chilwell would be first choice in that scenario, but during a game Schlupp can cover more.

I know it's en-vougue to slate Jeff and his performances of late haven't been great. But he's not done a bad job for us in the past.

Archived