Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Roy Keane holding no punches!!

Like anyone is under the illusion that the staff and players are happy about how things are going in the league. I'd still cut them some slack as coping without Kanté is as tough as we'd feared and the fixture list has been very, very tough.

2 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Agree with him. Think it's ridiculous to write off the premier like we have. We are never going to win the CL but we can quite easily get relegated from the prem. 

We were never going to win the prem but we did. Don't write off the CL.

We won't get relegated and nearing the end of a horrible start of top six sides away.

Roy Keane States what most of us are thinking,

there's your headline, fact is away from home, we have been poor and it's the manner and the fact we don't seem to learn that's the issue, if we had lost close games by the odd late goal ok, but we giving ourselves mountains to climb within the 1st half hour.

That said I don't need roy keane to tell me that and I suspect most others don't either,

look at it this way, we lost at liverpool and arsenal last year, we drew with man utd and chelsea in a game that didn't really matter, so from those 4 games we are 2 points worse off, let's see what happens once we have played a few watford and boro etc away before anyone panics too much.

It really is just the manner that concerns me, but that could change. (Hopefully) 

13 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Let's be honest, everything he says in that article is absolutely bang on.

Everything... except that Schmeichels save was standard. Yeah right... I supposed Banks save vs Pele in 1970 was standard as well.

There aren't many saves that make you jump out of your seat and celebrate like we had scored.

Yes goalies are paid to save goals...just as strikers are paid to score goals.

Come on. :)  ..that was a classic save, and will be remembered for a long time.

Standard.? :rolleyes:

47 minutes ago, ultrafox said:

Everything... except that Schmeichels save was standard. Yeah right... I supposed Banks save vs Pele in 1970 was standard as well.

There aren't many saves that make you jump out of your seat and celebrate like we had scored.

Yes goalies are paid to save goals...just as strikers are paid to score goals.

Come on. :)  ..that was a classic save, and will be remembered for a long time.

Standard.? :rolleyes:

It's a good save. 

I can't help but feel it's being viewed as considerably better than it is because it was in the 90th minute of a CL game we were winning 1-0 though.

19 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It's a good save. 

I can't help but feel it's being viewed as considerably better than it is because it was in the 90th minute of a CL game we were winning 1-0 though.

Absolutely. Buffon and Lloris' saves were superior IMO. But Kasper's was decisive for the game. Nothing will beat Coupet's famous double save though!

No one is writing off the Premier League. All that happened is we had one game where we rested players for a very important CL game. Resting players at Chelsea may look like we are downing tools but a loss to Copenhagen would have dragged us closer to the rest. I really dont see what the problem is. Maybe its a timing thing that is getting all this coverage but how many times have people rested players in the league for a massive cup or Euro game later in the comp (towards the latter stages). To me it was a great move to use the squad as we bought in players like Musa who deserves a chance but the Chelsea loss is being made out to be bigger than it was. We have been at full strength for the rest of the league games and played poorly so Im not sure what all this resting players criticism is all about.

As for Keane, the bloke is a low life. A player who walked away from his country in a major competition for off field stuff. For me, Id train in mud barefoot in winter if I was getting the chance to play for my country. A man who openly talks about ending another pros career with a horror tackle with no regrets, a failed football manager and an all round idiot bloke who thinks he is some bad man just gives idiotic interview after interview where he tries to come across like a troubled soul who knows it all when he knows fook all.

I cant stand the bloke and would love three mins in a MMA ring with him to see how bad ass he is.

At the start of the season I, and many others in here, said I'd take top 10 and getting out of the CL group. We may not be top 10 at the moment but given the tough-ish start we've had we're just about on track and with us all but qualified I feel can't complain too much

He is right with most of what he says, which makes a change his Schmeichel's save comments rankle with me. I've never liked the bloke, except when he upset Fergie.....He's so full of sh1t (and full of himself although the two mount to the same thing) Perhaps he should write a book based on his own experiences...how to become a successful football manager.

3 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Agree with him. Think it's ridiculous to write off the premier like we have. We are never going to win the CL but we can quite easily get relegated from the prem. 

We haven't as far as I'm concerned, it's an excuse for a load of shit performances. It's not like we've played really well in the champions league either, we've had a slice in luck in every game where the oppo' hit the post or missed glorious chances that could have put a completely different look to our results.

We just aren't playing very well full stop barring a couple of games. Only Swansea and Burnley would I say we were remotely like our former selves. Even away at Brugge winning 3-0 we relied mostly on them being absolutely awful.

Archived