Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Roy Keane holding no punches!!

Three things he's talked about any my two pennies worth.

Wrong for us to write of the Premier League

I totally agree. Defending Champions shouldn't be rolling over for anybody and we should be more than capable of three games a week.

Kasper's save is 'what he's there for'

Well done shit-for-brains. But that's not the point is it? He's made a match winning save that he had no right to make.

Players shouldn't hug after a win

This is Leicester City in the Champions League we're talking about. Divert your attention to the mounds of selfies the Arsenal players have taken after beating Ludogorets. The players deserved their ovation and they deserve to pat each other on the backs. They've earnt the right to be playing in that competition. Hugging each other shows team spirit and togetherness. Two things that won us the title last season.

He's right about our attitude towards the PL but writing off Kasper's save was rubbish. That is point blank, last minute, he's even diving the other way and adjusts. Peter would have been proud of that.

5 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Roy Keane isn't scared of upsetting people or making his thoughts known but this isn't  a bad read most points you have to agree with him on  but make up your own mind on this article!

http://www.sundayworld.com/sport/soccer/roy-keane-served-up-unforgiving-attack-on-champions-leicester

He's not said anything wrong there but for the last sentance, for me...

The hugging of players after a match.. he has to remember, not everyone has had like 10 champions league seasons in a row like man U have had... this is our first ever and possibly our last for quite some time...

I like Roy Keane, in fact all ex-footballer pundits.

like on this forum, they and we all have our opinions, mostly based on our own thoughts

how we think the game should be played, or how managers and players should act and re-act.

like best friends, you laugh, with, for and at them.One shares and see great moments, and put up with dross / excellent comments from one another....

Thats why we made one word which explains all honest, funny, serious,  decrepid ,true, lying  competent, incompetent statements....

T W A T..!!!:chant:

He made these comments on the ITV Champions League Highlights show, but he was basically set up for them by the presenter.

Can you cut them some slack for prioritising the CL over the Premier League? Simple answer is no, you can't be just dismissing our poor performances, we have been poor, but you also have to understand why. We have a tough schedule a lot of our players are internationals and are traveling the globe every month for far flung games, add in the Champions League games, lots of travel pre-season, end of season tournaments and most are probably still trying to recover from the exertions of last season.

Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge are tough places for anyone to go to, it is just a real pisser we fvcked up at Hull a win there and it wouldn't be looking half as bad.

I don't think it is a deliberate thing to be capitulating in those games, yet be able to raise ourselves for the Champions League, it is not like we are sending out the kids. 

I really don't understand the "that's what he's there for" or "that's his job" argument. You could put anything anyone does into that category then so there's no point praising them?

It was a great save, it happened very quickly. Keane isn't a fan of either Schmeichel however so I'm not surprised.

The hugging comment is just joyless and should be written off as old school nonsense.

Imagine if we failed to get through the Champions League group.

People would say we should have concentrated on a one in a lifetime opportunity.

Now we're guaranteed Europa league, it makes sense to concentrate on the league more.

But this wasn't definitely the case a week ago.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

4 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Says someone who has been useless in managing football teams, surprised in what he said.

Although he's won every domestic honour possible?

Like Roy Keane and like to hear what he says. Pulls no punches,isn't surrounded by PR Tw@ts who tell people what to say.

And what he has said about us is true.

We HAVE lost the hunger...look at our players compared to last season?

No story really.

9 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Roy Keane isn't scared of upsetting people or making his thoughts known but this isn't  a bad read most points you have to agree with him on  but make up your own mind on this article!

http://www.sundayworld.com/sport/soccer/roy-keane-served-up-unforgiving-attack-on-champions-leicester

He is a **** of a hypocrite , he spent all his life castigating sound bite ex-players and he has now turned into the uber critical click bate generator ! 

The guy is a bitter failed manger at the top level and he can't get over it ! 

Asshole from mayfield 

No time or respect for this shit of a man. Overrated thug as a player, godawful as a manager, rubbish pundit and hasn't got a friend in the world.

Here, he states the bleeding obvious and still gets two things badly wrong: it was a great save at a crucial time; and we're fully entitled to celebrate our second ever home victory in the Champions League, regardless of manner or opponent. 

5 hours ago, Fox92 said:

He's right about our attitude towards the PL but writing off Kasper's save was rubbish. That is point blank, last minute, he's even diving the other way and adjusts. Peter would have been proud of that.

Peter even admitted he wouldn't have been able to make that save .

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ne

ws/kasper-schmeichels-late-save-against-9076016

So what would Keano know about goalkeeping?

15 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

Off topic I know but I cannot watch Keane without recollecting the cynical, brutal tackle which ended Haaland's career. Should have been banned from football for good for malice aforethought. I view him and Souness  as the antithesis of proper hard men - underhand, thuggish assassins without a scruple between them. Couldn't stand Vinnie Jones, Paul Ince or Bryan Robson either.

Oooohhh. I was with you until you mentioned Bryan Robson. I thought he was a wonderful footballer.

24 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

Off topic I know but I cannot watch Keane without recollecting the cynical, brutal tackle which ended Haaland's career. Should have been banned from football for good for malice aforethought. I view him and Souness  as the antithesis of proper hard men - underhand, thuggish assassins without a scruple between them. Couldn't stand Vinnie Jones, Paul Ince or Bryan Robson either.

God forbid on your take of chopper harris, or Billy Bremner...

1 hour ago, Gerbold said:

Keanes tackle had nothing to do with haalands retirement, wasn't even the same knee.

Archived