Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Fuchs signs new three year contract

1 hour ago, David Guiza said:

Really surprised by that. Absolutely love the man, but by all accounts I thought he'd be off to join his wife in America. Hopefully he can get back to his form of last season now though.

Yeah I'm surprised aswell, again like others hope he can get back last seasons form

I love Fuchs almost as much as I love my wife and kids.

In fact sometimes my man love for him can get in the way of me criticizing him having a poor game. 

I know that rationally and financially you could question if it's right giving him a new three year deal at his age, but I'd have him here for life it it was my club.

His enthusiasm and humor is infectious and I bet he's the best team mate anyone could ever wish for. 

I'm absolutely delighted he's re-signed

He'll be here till he's  33. That's hardly too old. Even in out current defensive shambles Fuchs is actually one of our better defenders. Bar being out muscled by Pogba I don't think he's been that bad. He took a tactical yellow for the team against Copenhagen. He was outstanding against Burnley and Arsenal.

I'm delighted we have him for another few seasons.

55 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Class player commits, people moan. Classic.

Not many thankfully.

He's not had the greatest of starts but who has, Good Defender, not that old, great mentally and technically, and while he hasn't been on top form he's certainly avoided making any of the good awful mistakes Hernandez Huth and Morgan have this season. 

In terms of his family, I should imagine now he's retired from Austria he's probably seeing them more and it's a bit more workable. 

1 hour ago, RoyFox said:

3 year contract and his pace is starting to go already, 2yr fine but not 3. Guys been great, but he is getting torn to shreds by pace - Mane and Barrow completely out sprinted him. Zaha tomorrow means Albrighton starts instead of Gray to compensate. 

I see your point but I think he'll be a Wasyl figure that we can bring out for cup games in the future whilst blooding in new talent.... and after 2 years we can sell him for a fee to the US as well.... Win win.

Glad that Christian has committed to the club for another three years - although it remains to be seen whether he'll see his contract out.

I still have that funny feeling he'll be off to the MLS sooner than later... But until then, I'm looking forward to him donning the LCFC shirt as often as possible as a part of one of the best and most reliable back fours this club has ever seen.

He's a class guy with a top-notch character and a great sense of humour. Still needs to work on more video material.

#nofuchsgiven

I'm glad he's signed up for another year he's quality and his experience will help loads especially with Chilwell once the transition begins.

The one thing i'm concerned about however is that there was a rumour a few months ago about Fuchs being disgruntled about pay and seeking a new contract and i'm wondering if this is the culmination of that and how will it affect the other members of the title winning side who haven't been given pay rises as of yet. Its starting to seem a little bit to me as if a few of the ones who have had the raises are starting to rest on their laurels a bit and the ones who haven't had raises may be a little more disgruntled than we thought.

Hoping this all gets ironed out and the team kicks on and gets a few wins under their belts as everythings starting to feel a little negative at the moment (Barring the Champions League).

Happy but very surprised about it.

When there were rumours about him moving because contract talks were stallling I wasn't bothered by the rumours because I was adament he wouldn't be interested in a new contract so the talks would stall at the first hurdle.

I fully expected him to see his contract out and then go to America to be with his family.

1 minute ago, Viva said:

Premier League champions wages, rather than relegation candidate wages could have had something to do with his decision! 

Great to have him signed up. 

I think he was also hoping to fulfill a dream of being a kicker in the NFL... maybe that dream has fallen through...

But i am sure the bigger wages have helped! lol

Great news - don't get any of the Fuchs hate. 

Imo he's our best defender, and by far the most technically gifted. As much as I love Wes and Huth they just have no class, something Fuchs has in abundance.

Prime example being his pass to Vardy for his record breaker goal last year. In Fuchs' case I reckon that class is permanent and he'll be back to his best asap. 

6 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Would've sold the entire team to keep Kante. Non of these players are that good without N'Golo 

Drinkwater has been consistently superb this season. As they say, class is permanent. 

But I agree Kante covered for them all. I said in the summer on here I'd rather lose Mahrez and was laughed at.

I suppose you can be happy about Fuchs being part of the squad and the contribution he's made and agreeing to stick with us for another three years, whilst simultaneously be somewhat concerned that the contract extension may just have been a measure to profit at least financially from a potential move away in the near future.

Listen, I want him to stay but I wouldn't be surprised if he called it quits here before 2019 in order for a proper reunion with his family in the States.

Probably needs to do an extra year after the 20% devaluation against the dollar! :thumbup:

I'd be surprised if the increased terms are going to leave him that much ahead overall, but this is good news. He has enough quality to still be a dependable PL LB at 33, imho, although I expect Chilwell might well be 1st choice by then.

Probably our best signing of the last 18 months, given that NG legged it at the first possible opportunity.

After this season, I don't expect him to be in the starting 11. Hopefully by then Chillers would have taken that spot. 

I love Christian, but I don't see why he's committed for 3 years!? Surely anot her overpriced wage we will be paying to be benched. Be great for Chilwell to learn from it suppose.

2 hours ago, carled said:

Fuch's problem is not so much a dip in form as a change in the system. This new "total football" bollocks that Ranieri seems to have shifted towards means that Morgan and (to a lesser extent) Huth are being asked to/choosing to get on the ball more and as neither of them have the skill to do so, it's leading to problems as it gives other teams time to press on the defenders, who inevitably end up laying the ball wide to Fuchs/Simpson (Drinkwater is doing this a lot too - our current blueprint for Barcelona-esque passing is Kasper -> Morgan -> Amartey -> Drinkwater -> One of the fullbacks) and by that point they are so closed down that all they have left is a ball back to Kasper for a hoof or they hoof it themselves down the line.

Now IF Huth/Morgan had more ability on the ball AND they dropped back into space after doing "their bit" and moving the ball onto a midfielder, the fullbacks would be able to pass back to them, have them pass back to the midfielder and THEN there should be space created because of the opposition pressing up. As it is, both Huth and Morgan stay up level with the ball as though they're playing the late 90's style Arsenal offside trap and this leaves no options back inside.  This wasn't a problem last season as we almost never did it - the ball was almost always put back to Kasper who lumped it reasonably accurately forward. As our entire team pressed forward, we often picked up second balls and used it as a launchpad for a quick counter. It ain't happening now as there's too big a gap between our midfield two and the strikers.  This makes it very easy for opposition fullbacks to head the ball back inside to their midfield as they outnumber us in that crucial space between our strikers and the midfield.

If Albrighton/Mahrez would drop inside when the long ball goes forward, they would have a far better chance of picking up the second ball and they'd provide support for the midfield duo, but they tend to sit wide waiting for the knockback down the line and that almost never comes. It's this continued repetition of something that is clearly not working that drives many of us fans mad I think!

This is why it helps us to have Shinji playing. He plays as a deeper no. 10 who fills that gap and creates space by his endless running.  It stops their free man in midfield from having the luxury of taking up that position in and ahead of their fullbacks and helps us to win the ball back higher up the pitch.  Slimani and Vardy both push high in a straight line and this leaves a gaping hole. They shouldn't be played together in that system, but it would work if we played a 4-3-1-2 with Shinji/Kaputska/maybe even Gray in that hole. We could possibly play a diamond with Drinkwater at the back and Shinji/whoever at the point but it requires more disciplined wide players than Mahrez in that set-up so it would mean sacrificing him.  He cannot play as the number 10 as, frankly, he's too damn lazy to do the job required.

We're damned a bit at the moment by our players. If we don't sacrifice some of the "star" names for a better formation, we'll be stuck with hoofball until/unless they go back to what worked better last year (which is really just a more cultured form of hoofball as it includes the press/harry/quick counter which we've lost).

:thumbup:

Good analysis!

Archived