Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Fuchs signs new three year contract

59 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Wow, mod in deleting almost all of Mablo's input shocker! lol

lol I think all posts with any reference to 'moaning' (even tongue in cheek) are being deleted. There was an entire thread dedicated to it and that's also vanished!

One thing confuses me about these 'new three year deals' is this 3 years in addition to the remaining 18 months on his contract or 3 years from now? Basically when does the contract expire, 2021 I'm guessing?

He probably initially tried negotiating this before the Euros, when he decided to retire from international football to spend more time with his family, knowing he'd likely get another year with us. He and his family probably decided it is worth it for the money. So it's just a year extension on better wages. The new PL TV money means we can do this... as long as we don't get relegated, which I'm sure we won't.

Maybe it means Chilwell will be eased in slower, sent on loan, or want a permanent move away. But Fuchs is the best full back we've ever had. There shouldn't be a doubt about that. He was an international captain with loads of experience and knowledge. His attitude is always good, even if over-the-top sometimes. Fuchs is worth having around an extra year. If Chilwell grows restless, so be it.

44 minutes ago, Tuna said:

One thing confuses me about these 'new three year deals' is this 3 years in addition to the remaining 18 months on his contract or 3 years from now? Basically when does the contract expire, 2021 I'm guessing?

After Steve Walsh's new contract ending up being three months, among other u-turns all over the place, I'm pretty skeptical of all contract news. I half think they're PR for morale reasons, signs the player isn't going to high tail it anytime soon (and they would also like some extra cash), rather than definite time periods.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

2019 according to the BBC. He'll be 33 by then. He's our most technically gifted defender and I'm sure he can still cut it by then. Great character too.

Too bad for Chilwell but Fuchs is a class act.

12 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Fuchs is one of, if not the best LB in the league.

And people are complaining, wow.

He's the best left back we've had since God knows when. 

Here's a list of some of the left backs we've had since 2005.

Patrick van Aanholt 

Joe Mattock

Paul Konchesky 

Bruno Berner

Tom Kennedy 

Ryan McGivern 

Chris Powell 

Alan Sheehan 

Nils-Eric Johansson 

Bruno Berner was probably the best out of that lot. 

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Poor decision by the club. He deserved a pay rise for his efforts last season but he should have been kept on the same length deal. We'll lose Chilwell and Gray this summer.

I think the difference between them is that Gray is good enough to play more now but Chilwell isn't.  And if Chilwell isn't good enough to start replacing Fuchs in a couple of seasons, he can't really complain if he stays on the bench.  

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

You could always view it as being good for both sides.

he gets a pay rise and we now get a fee IF/WHEN he goes to the MLS at the end of next season. (Which has always been his stated intention). probably balances itself out.

He goes to the NFL not to the MLS;)

He will be the next Toni Fritsch if someone here knows him;)

I think he really likes the Club and the league, the success of the last season has done the rest for his decision.

2 hours ago, ramadaone said:

Setting up his own soccer school at Judgemeadow which hasn't gone down well with some of the other ex pro's that have done the same thing apparently 

The ex pro's probably need the income of their soccer schools to pay bills, mortgages etc. Where as Christian is more than likely doing it for the love of the game & giving something back to the community. 

You know which one the young kids will want to go to, a current premier league winner who's still playing. Over some player from the late 90's earlier 00's who they probably can't remember watching. 

Really pleased, he has consistently been one of the best left backs in the league and I hope Ben chilwell can learn and develop by watching and speaking to Fuchs. We are really good in the left back position and long may it continue. What a goal for his first goal for the club

It's been said before but I do think he would make an excellent pundit for Sky/BBC or BTSport (for the Champions League games). Far too often we hear the likes of Souness, Carragher, Shearer etc harping back to the days when they played at the top when, in my opinion it was a different game. 

...and he speaks better English :)

Archived