Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Musa

Well done to him today I totally missed the game as daughters third birthday today so no idea how we played but seen the goal great strike. 

I don't get the heated arguements whether he is up to standard or not as he's come from a league not televised in this country and he's barely played comp for us. But I've got to say trying to discredit his goal as it was against Crystal Palace most desperate argument ever lol 

More of an attacking threat than Albrighton has been and Fuchs didn't seem bothered by the lack of defensive cover even with Palace's pacey wingers and to be fair he did track back pretty well too.

the reason I say more of an attacking threat than Albrighton is he does seem to have the ability to glide past people pretty easily when he wants and has a lot more pace in him, I feel as sound as Albrighton is Musa could hold down that place, some neat touches and has a solid shot on him when given the chance and can cross.

Defiantly something to think about 

Musa could be the key to a 433. Because you could put Albrighton the other side of Drinky. Then if they keep narrow, track back and defend, they could protect Morgan and Huth from direct attacks. And then you could have Shinji in the centre, disrupting build-up before it comes to haunt us. And have attacking options of Mahrez, Vardy and Slimani on either side of him.

We've got the attacking options, now the defence still needs a bit more protection.

The rotation might cause other teams to think again about how they defend against us.

Musa and Vardy can both exploit teams with their speed. Interesting times ahead.

Just glad he wasn't hoofing the ball like we have seen from Albrighton in recent weeks. Having Shinji probably helped, but he seemed keen to get his head up and play quick one two's which worked nicely at times. 

14 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

More of an attacking threat than Albrighton has been and Fuchs didn't seem bothered by the lack of defensive cover even with Palace's pacey wingers and to be fair he did track back pretty well too.

the reason I say more of an attacking threat than Albrighton is he does seem to have the ability to glide past people pretty easily when he wants and has a lot more pace in him, I feel as sound as Albrighton is Musa could hold down that place, some neat touches and has a solid shot on him when given the chance and can cross.

Defiantly something to think about 

Yep.. 'definately'! 

If he can keep up his work rate and application then he has the makings of being a great player for us cutting in from the wing and taking on defenders. Clearly has an eye for goal but needs to work on his passing and bringing other players into the game more. Maybe needs to beef up a bit more and be more physical but all the attributes are there just needs to consistently show them

So pleased for Musa. It's difficult for us 'ordinary' people to feel for footballers on contracts worth millions but he had to come to an alien country, join a team that were premier league champions and fit in whilst trying to break into the team in a very physical league, all at 23 years old. I really hope that goal gives him the confidence to kick on. I think he could be a big player for us over the next 3-4 years if he keeps his head down and works hard.

3 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

If he can keep up his work rate and application then he has the makings of being a great player for us cutting in from the wing and taking on defenders. Clearly has an eye for goal but needs to work on his passing and bringing other players into the game more. Maybe needs to beef up a bit more and be more physical but all the attributes are there just needs to consistently show them

Should Mahrez beef up a bit..??? 

8 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Should Mahrez beef up a bit..??? 

I'd hate Mahrez to change in any way. That type of player always drifts in and out of games but boy, when he drifts into them he can make you jump out of your seat. His elusive quality may mainly be due to his sleight frame. If his brilliance was more consistant we'd never be able to hold on to him, though I'm not sure there'd be a transfer fee high enough either.

52 minutes ago, Keith Wellers Tights said:

I'd hate Mahrez to change in any way. That type of player always drifts in and out of games but boy, when he drifts into them he can make you jump out of your seat. His elusive quality may mainly be due to his sleight frame. If his brilliance was more consistant we'd never be able to hold on to him, though I'm not sure there'd be a transfer fee high enough either.

Ditto  Musa....or not...:)

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Ditto  Musa....or not...:)

Time will tell fuchsntf. You hope that whatever got him to this point in his career is good enough for him to continue and improve. We have the advantage with knowing Mahrez can stand up to the rigours after 2 seasons in the prem. Hope Musa can too. If not, he'll have to strengthen but I'm hopeful it's not necessary as he looks very elusive at times. Just needs more game time I think.

For the first 20 minutes I was thinking there's no way we can afford to carry him and King.

The more the game went on the more both of them came into it.

I always thought he said he wasn't a winger and liked to play in the middle.

Archived