Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Musa

48 minutes ago, Keith Wellers Tights said:

Time will tell fuchsntf. You hope that whatever got him to this point in his career is good enough for him to continue and improve. We have the advantage with knowing Mahrez can stand up to the rigours after 2 seasons in the prem. Hope Musa can too. If not, he'll have to strengthen but I'm hopeful it's not necessary as he looks very elusive at times. Just needs more game time I think.

That was really my point, look none of us know how it will pan out for him and us...

Its just the pre-judgement, on any young player in their 1st season and after 10-12 games non full game time,

then fans proclaim, not the positive potential, but actually search for the negative.

Our best player Yesterday and in other games DDrinkwater was caught On the ball which led to the oppo getting into the box,

or the  breaking down our own forward movement. But we let that ride.

Amartey came on for 5 minutes, chased down twice successfully and broke up 1+ opposition movements.

Then twice was caught Meandering, allowing the oppo attack our P.Area.Some were quick on their criticism

We forget easy that Mistakes are

part of the game, its how the game is played...how many times did Vardy pounce on oppo mistakes and scored last season, how many sitters did he just happen to miss??? 

Give the new guys some slack and patience, these first few games its our mainstays that have made some real Cock-ups or bad Judgements..!! 

Its not the mentioning of the mistakes, but the analyse and final-solution attitude that this or that individual is not upto PL quality and never will be,

. Knee-jerk reaction  ok  within the game,!!!  but not days or weeks after, seems lazy criticism and easy point making to me.

No matter what they might earn they deserve time and patience.

There are players from the squad who this season have to stand up and be counted, some might say make or break season, thats simply part of the game, for all sportspeople

also part of any sport is also giving new starters a chance...

For me that means giving them a season,

youngs one like Amartey, Musa, Chilwell, maybe longer...

3 hours ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Given more game time, he could be a slightly hidden gem.

,I believe he only needs more confidence.

Confidence seems the key. In the first game against Hull he was in good positions to shoot but passed to Vardy instead. Against Palace Mahrez was in a better position but he took the responsibility. So he seems to have grown more confident within himself.

Once he scored he was very good. It was his one two with Drinky which lead to the second goal. Even the third goal was due to him forcing a corner with his closing down. I think he'll be excellent in a 433 playing away from home.

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

That was really my point, look none of us know how it will pan out for him and us...

Its just the pre-judgement, on any young player in their 1st season and after 10-12 games non full game time,

then fans proclaim, not the positive potential, but actually search for the negative.

Our best player Yesterday and in other games DDrinkwater was caught On the ball which led to the oppo getting into the box,

Amartey came on for 5 minutes, chased down twice successfully and broke up 1+ opposition movements.

Then twice was caught Meandering, allowing the oppo attack our P.Area.Some were quick on their criticism

part of the game, its how the game is played...how many times did Vardy pounce on oppo mistakes and scored last season, how many sitters did he just happen to miss??? 

Give the new guys some slack and patience, these first few games its our mainstays that have made some real Cock-ups or bad Judgements..!! 

Its not the mentioning of the mistakes, but the analyse and final-solution attitude that this or that individual is not upto PL quality and never will be,

. Knee-jerk reaction  ok  within the game,!!!  but not days or weeks after, seems lazy criticism and easy point making to me.

There are players from the squad who this season have to stand up and be counted, some might say make or break season, thats simply part of the game, for all sportspeople

Wholeheartedly agree

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Have you been drinking by the way? Thought I was going to burst into tears while reading that post.;)

Ahmed Musa in Trouble as Super Eagles Coaches not happy with Conduct

Ahmed Musa in Trouble as Super Eagles Coaches not happy with Conduct

Posted By: Breaking Timeson: October 24, 2016In: Abuja, Nation, Nation, News, Nigeria, SportsNo Comments

It has been revealed that Super Eagles technical crew were seriously crossed with Leicester City star Ahmed Musa when he opted to drive to training camp with a new 30 million Naira (more than $66,000) car.

He further drew the wrath of the coaches when he was almost mobbed after he gave away cash to fellow worshippers after Friday Muslim prayers, all these before a crucial World Cup qualifier in Zambia.

The 24-year-old forward, who finally opened his Premier League goals account on Saturday, sensationally lost his first-team place to Gent star Moses Simon in Ndola with the official explanation being that it was because he has struggled to play regularly for Premier League champions Leicester.

However, it has now been scooped he was really in hot water because he did not seem to be focused for the all-important match in Zambia, according to Allafricafootball.com.

A top official opened up: “The Eagles coaches led by Gernot Rohr were very unhappy with Ahmed Musa before the match in Zambia because they felt he was not concentrated for the game by what he was doing off the pitch.

“He drove into camp with a 30 million Naira car he had just bought.

“And for Friday mosque, he almost got himself badly hurt when he was giving out cash to other worshippers around the mosque close to ICPC office in Abuja.

“Bystanders said he had to run into his car for his life when the crowd became very uncontrollable.

12 hours ago, Keith Wellers Tights said:

Have you been drinking by the way? Thought I was going to burst into tears while reading that post.;)

Only coffee...oh chased always with a few glasses of  Brandy

Pint glasses..:whistle:

Impressive today and was sad to see him go off! He was making a real impact but clearly came off due to coming off badly after the injury.

After seeing him against Barcelona pre-season I was convinced he was a pure striker but he's looking very useful on the wing. The ability to drive in late combined with his finishing ability gives us a new threat. We are starting to see the Musa from the YouTube clips shared last year and there is huge potential still to come from this player. 

I have tons of respect for Albrighton but I'm liking the way we can change our line-up to pose the opposition multiple different problems. 

Think its its worth noting that Ranieri said multiple times earlier in the season that Musa wasn't ready and only recently said he was in the right physical and mental condition to make an impact. Not only does it look like Ranieri was right but it's exciting to know that we've still not seen Kaputska or Mendy for similar-ish reasons. The team is looking better and better every week but we have the potential to get even better AND we have a very good set of fixtures coming up. 

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

mThink its its worth noting that Ranieri said multiple times earlier in the season that Musa wasn't ready and only recently said he was in the right physical and mental condition to make an impact. Not only does it look like Ranieri was right but it's exciting to know that we've still not seen Kaputska or Mendy for similar-ish reasons. The team is looking better and better every week but we have the potential to get even better AND we have a very good set of fixtures coming up. 

agree 100%. Don Claudio clearly knows what he's doing so when he thinks Kaputska & Gray are ready, they'll have a similar impact to Musa's.

Took a battering today, but did magnificently to get up to get that goal. He overtook Shinji going about twice the speed!

We have someone who can keep up with Vards on the break, and puts in a shift. Not as good defensively as Albrighton, of course, but gives us more going forward.

Feed the Moose...

I think he's done enough to be first choice on the left. His pace is a huge asset, defensively too when against fast fullbacks. Obviously with squad rotation and tactics, Musa won't start every game, but Albrighton should be 2nd choice now, first winger to be subbed on, either on the left or right. (Coming from a huge Albrighton fan)

Musa over Albrighton atm. Musa is a goal threat. Albrighton wouldn't even have been in the box to tap that ball in. He'd been somewhere near the half way line.  Musa has already equalled Albrighton's goal tally of last season - in just two games. 

I like Albrighton but I prefer Musa right now. 

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

Musa over Albrighton atm. Musa is a goal threat. Albrighton wouldn't even have been in the box to tap that ball in. He'd been somewhere near the half way line.  Musa has already equalled Albrighton's goal tally of last season - in just two games. 

I like Albrighton but I prefer Musa right now. 

Agree Musa is a goal threat and is possibly the quickest player at the moment.He does track back defensively as well.I think as he grows in confidence he will get even better my only concern is that he is a bit lightweight and gets pushed around.Was not sure exactly what happened yesterday when he scored was it a head injury?

I prefer to see Albrighton on the right but with Mahrez he is going to struggle to get that spot.

2 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

Agree Musa is a goal threat and is possibly the quickest player at the moment.He does track back defensively as well.I think as he grows in confidence he will get even better my only concern is that he is a bit lightweight and gets pushed around.Was not sure exactly what happened yesterday when he scored was it a head injury?

I prefer to see Albrighton on the right but with Mahrez he is going to struggle to get that spot.

I think you'll find he was fouled fairly cynically by Walker

Archived