Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Spurs (Away) Pre-Match Thread

Should be the same team which beat Palace.

Can't see us winning though. Probably lose 3-0 again.

Very excited as it's my first trip to White Hart Lane.

On 10/22/2016 at 18:36, desertfox2 said:

Same side but would probably switch King for someone a bit more defensive Amartey most likely. They will pack the midfield and play with wanyama dembele and Alli. So Okazaki has to play as he will cause dembele and wanyama problems and stop them both getting forwards to much.

King got the more defensive points than even Drinkwater on saturday, i'd keep him in (y)

8 hours ago, Aidan said:

What is it with Spurs and referees? Obvious red cards not given this season! Dier, Sissoko, Lamela (2 separate games), etc. Everybody keeps saying how the Spurs are lucky but has anybody at EFL been looking at this?

It's been going on for at least two years. 

Against us alone they have had two shocking penalty decisions given for them at WHL, added to which at our home league game Vertongen swiped Mahrez's leg away right in front of the ref who waves play on. Totally stonewall. 

How were they not down to at most 9 men in the Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge by half time last season?

Blind or unsighted refs / linos ?

No -  it's a pre game plan to 'manage' the game, which in layman a terms corrupts the games' integrity.

They are not 'lucky' - referees are totally biased in favour of the 'bigger clubs'. One of them has come out and said so ffs. 

The sooner people realise this the better. IMO this is a real problem in the PL. 

And before people start saying I'm a twat, as we have won plenty of pens in the last year - yes we did,  95% of which were defos, and how many did we get against 'big clubs'? 

Now thats at off my chest I would be most please with a point on Saturday 

If we're playing 442, or a variation of, I wouldn't mind seeing King because, although I'm unsure of how well we'll protect the CBs with him and Drinky, I still have nightmarish images of Amartey against Man United: I'm not sure Amartey is ready yet for the bigger games. I'd love to be wrong, though, and I'd love to see him against Copenhagen anyhow.

i'd start with the same team that beat palace depends on because of the champions league game afterwards, we will most likely prioritise that game over this, but we need a result at white hart lane and not another heavy defeat.

3 hours ago, DreemaOfficial said:

King got the more defensive points than even Drinkwater on saturday, i'd keep him in (y)

King went off with a hamstring strain on Saturday. Don't expect him to be available for a while unless our medical team have worked a miracle or given him a week in the freezer.

We only really need two points from our remaining CL games. Only Port or Copenhagen can get max nine points. The other can only get six points. Two points and we're guaranteed second. I'd rather we concentrate on the league now the last 16 is in spitting distance.

It is tricky for refs to be fair, I mean we saw how much the media commented on us and getting referee decisions towards the back end of last season. That sort of pressure from the media, rival clubs/managers making comments and general social media playing its part will influence referees whether it be consciously or unconsciously. That is what is must be like for Utd, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal etc year in year out!

Spurs will choke this one even if they are the better team. Unbeaten this season....us with nothing on the road yet!!!......they bottle at every opportunity to show they can compete when it counts......well they have the champions of England next match at home.....all points to a haha disappointing day for the flighty cock boys 

7 hours ago, Foxxed said:

We only really need two points from our remaining CL games. Only Port or Copenhagen can get max nine points. The other can only get six points. Two points and we're guaranteed second. I'd rather we concentrate on the league now the last 16 is in spitting distance.

I think we are going to beat Brugge at home comfortably, so I agree that Spurs is the priority this time.

I hope CR can get this through to the players. If he told Vards (our resident maths genius) and got him to pass it on, we might be in business. :thumbup:

Archived