Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Simpson

Guest CityFan 06

He was superb again today for me, deserves credit. His solidity at RB is key for us and he dealt with Palace's wide men well.

He's been one of our top 3 performers pretty much every game this season, and today again was flawless. You could see how hard he works just before Benteke hit the bar when, with Mahrez next to him admiring the sky, he almost managed to rob both their left sided players. He looks determined, fit and controlled-excellent to see.

Both he and Hernandez have their own different strengths, but Simpson is our 1st choice for me. Said it before but he's a warrior, he gives us everything. Who'd have thought his career here would've become what it has? Fair play to him

He's had a few rough games, but to be fair, they all have. It can't be easy having Mahrez in front of you either. Overall, he's been great.

I swear he's our best defender from corners and crosses. Always seems to make the crucial last minute interception.

46 minutes ago, Tuna said:

You get the impression he genuinely loves the club.

No not really. I don't get that impression from any of the players, other than maybe Andy King. What i see is that they love playing with their mates and are committed to them and the team. Absolutely nothing wrong with that!

5 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Is disgusting that he doesn't get into the England set up. 

I'd rather he didn't.

and to add to this englands "style" of "play" (lol if you can call it that) doesn't suit Simpson. Danny is a defender not one of those galavanting full backs who love to whip low crosses into a striker. 

I do like Simpson a lot. Class

Probably the only player along with Drinky who has not only hit the heights of last year, but in some cases surpassed it. Kante did a lot of defending at RB with Simpson, so him not being here has put more pressure on him then most. Delivered a beautiful cross for Slim, who should have scored.

Maybe the best English defensive RB in the prem, but England want to play with fullbacks who bomb forward and can't defend.

Wtf does ANYONE slag this fella off? Under Pearson he was pretty naff. Since he was sacked, he's been nothing short of a fookin revelation!  He gives so much effort it's unreal. Not much cop coming forward, granted, but as an orthodox RB...I swear there is no better in the Premiership.

1 hour ago, EnglishOxide said:

He plays like a guy who realises he let his youth pass him by without actually achieving much in football.

Seems to be fully dedicated to his career now.

Pretty much. 

Solid player. 7/10 most games. Doesn't have the technical ability Fuchs has, nor does he provide much attacking wise, but he does his job, and is reliable. He wouldn't be able to play for Arsenal or Tottenham because they expect their full backs to do a lot more than what Simpson is capable of. Likewise for England. That's why he won't get a call up.

Under Pearson neither him nor Albrighton contributed anything (Albrighton did in the last 7-8 games). Under Ranieri both have been a revelation..

1 hour ago, EnglishOxide said:

He plays like a guy who realises he let his youth pass him by without actually achieving much in football.

Totally agree with this - got a second (or third) chance and seems to be a perfect fit all round

He's got competition now and he's up for the challenge.

Perhaps he'll get the call up but I think his history may put paid to that.

Loves playing in this team as do Fuchs, Shinji, King and looking at the goal celebrations today show's they might be getting that team spirit back again.

Hopefully   :whistle:

Archived