Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Simpson

His positional sense and awareness is top notch. He sussed out a number of Tottenham attacks today. 

Danny Simpson under Ranieri has been an absolute revelation. 

Agree he has been excellent, he wins so much aerially that may go unnoticed and is brave in situations where he knows he's gonna get clattered.

he covers the CB's brilliantly.

Other than possibly bellerin I'm not sure there is a rb in the premier league I'd swap him with tbh.

Really like Simpson as a player.  Purely because he is so basic but that in no way is detrimental towards him.

Makes me feel how I would be similar to him if I was a pro. Not really amazing with the ball but do all the basic old fashioned defending well. He never fails to put in 100 percent effort and today he was not going to let anyone through. 

Should be in next England squad for sure

12 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He deserves an England call based on his form this season. Ultra professional every game and reads situations early. He's also very good in the Air too.

When you also consider he has little or no cover in front of him, Makes his performances even more special.

Why spoil it with a England call to sit on the bench watching Clyne or Walker even Johnson.

But in fairness, head down and does his job week in week out :thumbup:

7 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

Why spoil it with a England call to sit on the bench watching Clyne or Walker even Johnson.

But in fairness, head down and does his job week in week out :thumbup:

I don't disagree with you but sadly it's one of the aspirations of most players is to play for their Country. On current form he deserves that distinction, but sadly because of the clique surrounding England he's been denied that chance. Is it any wonder why England do so badly.   

57 minutes ago, Bert said:

It's crazy how someone's off the field actions blinded so many people. 

Eh? He was dreadful under Pearson, that's why people were so opposed to him coming into the side last October. Credit to him, never seen a player improve so much in such a short time, but anyone who claims to have seen this coming is chatting shit.

2 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Anybody else see him screaming 'W@NKER!!' but trying to cover his mouth when the peno was given?

Yep saw it on MOTD. Good lad. Called Madley what he is but won't get caught on the replay.

47 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Eh? He was dreadful under Pearson, that's why people were so opposed to him coming into the side last October. Credit to him, never seen a player improve so much in such a short time, but anyone who claims to have seen this coming is chatting shit.

The whole team for 25 games was dreadful under Pearson. Trust me, most people's opinions on him were blinkered because of what he was doing/had done off the pitch. 

21 minutes ago, Bert said:

The whole team for 25 games was dreadful under Pearson. Trust me, most people's opinions on him were blinkered because of what he was doing/had done off the pitch. 

They were, but not all to the same level - there were the ones who didn't look cut out for the division at all (which tbf included Vardy and Morgan) and the ones who looked like they'd be able to make the step up given a bit more time (James and Ulloa in particular). Simpson was firmly in the first category.

22 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Anyone else think England won't call him up because of the extra attention on his past it would bring? 

Possibly, but bare in mind than the 'undroppable captain' has form with prostitutes in their 60's.

He won't get called up simply because the FA are blind.

People in the press are calling for Deeney to be given a chance, he's done time, so it'd be hypocritical to have a go at Simpson.

Build them up to knock them down though, that's he English press.

Archived