Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GingerrrFox

Okazaki has to start

Okazaki has to start.   

148 members have voted

1. 1. Okazaki has to start but who partners him?

• Slimani
    • Vardy
    • Musa/Other

2 hours ago, Gerbold said:

I'm not sure what the comment about him hardly ever lasting a full match is but he certainly is effective when he's on.

If he Doesn't generally last a 90 min game then he won't be likely to manage starting sat/tues/sat/wed. 

Just saying that he should be in our first choice line up in our toughest fixtures but he will still need to be rested for some games.

he never makes a post international break game so there is one match he can be tested for.  We need to find at least one alternative player for his role and coach them to play it effectively.

...Morgan/Hern.......Huth..........Fuchs.......

.............Drinks.........King/Mendy...............

Mahrez/MA......Okazaki.........Musa/DG

..............Simani............Vardy..............

The future is bright - the future's a 3-2-3-2  

:ph34r:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

...Morgan/Hern.......Huth..........Fuchs.......

.............Drinks.........King/Mendy...............

Mahrez/MA......Okazaki.........Musa/DG

..............Simani............Vardy..............

The future is bright - the future's a 3-2-3-2  

:ph34r:

I'd like to see this but the Don seems averse to 3 at the back except as a temporary formation during a match.

I wish I knew the reason why we've never gone out to buy a proper number 10, we've had Nugent and then Okazaki filling the role for the past four years and always struggled when either weren't available. Okazaki can't play every match, he often struggles past 60 minutes so to not have a replacement is mind boggling.

24 minutes ago, Mark said:

I wish I knew the reason why we've never gone out to buy a proper number 10, we've had Nugent and then Okazaki filling the role for the past four years and always struggled when either weren't available. Okazaki can't play every match, he often struggles past 60 minutes so to not have a replacement is mind boggling.

Hakim Ziyech was available for cheaps. Wish we got him as another option.

22 minutes ago, Joe the Fox said:

This is why I was so gutted we didn't get Deeney, Okazaki is integral to the way we play yes, but technically I just don't think he's good enough. We needed to upgrade Okazaki with someone like Deeney and not Ulloa (Slimani)

We won the league playing Okazaki last season...

Okazaki is one of them players who will get a lot of praise when he first comes back into the side, but then he'll go 5 or 6 games without a goal and people will start saying he offers nothing again.

I think he's great but we could have upgraded him in the summer, the players we signed do not play similar roles to him. That said, he was exellent from what I seen in pre-season and has been unlucky not to start as much so far this season.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

What's the point in buying anybody at all then.

Well, to replace those you lose, and to bring in long term replacements for older players. Hence our recruitment focusing so much on centre back and defensive mid over the summer. Or weren't you paying attention...?

Just now, Oxfordfox83 said:

Well, to replace those you lose, and to bring in long term replacements for older players. Hence our recruitment focusing so much on centre back and defensive mid over the summer. Or weren't you paying attention...?

I was paying attention and fail to see where our Huth or Morgan replacement is? Did we sign someone I don't know about? Please don't say Hernandez.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

We haven't replaced an ageing partnership in Huth and Morgan?

One centre back is 'focusing' on that area is it? 

Edited by Fox92

1 hour ago, Joe the Fox said:

By that logic we shouldn't have tried to upgrade a single player, would like to see us try and build on success rather than sit back and enjoy 'that season' for the next twenty years.

We probably would be doing better in the league if we'd have just stuck with the same team we played last year

Unfortunately we have a European competition to compete in this year and we didn't have a big enough squad, hense the extra players we brought in

Saying Okazaki isn't good enough to play for us is just moronic, he's clearly good enough because we won the league with him starting up front last season, it's not really up for debate

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Okazaki is one of them players who will get a lot of praise when he first comes back into the side, but then he'll go 5 or 6 games without a goal and people will start saying he offers nothing again.

I think he's great but we could have upgraded him in the summer, the players we signed do not play similar roles to him. That said, he was exellent from what I seen in pre-season and has been unlucky not to start as much so far this season.

basically a japanese nugent. left out, we look disjointed, we lose, disaster. comes back, scores/assists, runs a lot, "links" play, hero. misses a sitter in two weeks time, hasn't scored in five, we've lost a few, disaster. drop him. repeat forever until he leaves. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

We probably would be doing better in the league if we'd have just stuck with the same team we played last year

Unfortunately we have a European competition to compete in this year and we didn't have a big enough squad, hense the extra players we brought in

Saying Okazaki isn't good enough to play for us is just moronic, he's clearly good enough because we won the league with him starting up front last season, it's not really up for debate

Okazaki is good enough, no doubt about it, but using "he won the league playing for us" as your back up is wrong.

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We haven't replaced an ageing partnership in Huth and Morgan?

One centre back is 'focusing' on that area is it? 

Probably should have put an extra exclamation mark in there somewhere to show that I wasn't brimming with sincerity. No, we didn't focus on CB, we seemed bizarrely keen to bring in wingers for a squad with four back up wingers and no back up centre backs (sorry Wasyl). 

1 minute ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Probably should have put an extra exclamation mark in there somewhere to show that I wasn't brimming with sincerity. No, we didn't focus on CB, we seemed bizarrely keen to bring in wingers for a squad with four back up wingers and no back up centre backs (sorry Wasyl). 

Ohh yeah if you were being sarcastic I completely agree with you :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Okazaki is good enough, no doubt about it, but using "he won the league playing for us" as your back up is wrong.

Well not really, because we won the Premier league, one of the highest accolades in football, because he was playing for us as part of our squad

Why do we need an upgrade on a player that's good enough to help us win the league? what else is there we should be winning that warrants this 'upgrade'? Unless you were one of these people that thought finishing any less than 3rd and not getting to the champions league final would be a disaster this season.

2 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Well not really, because we won the Premier league, one of the highest accolades in football, because he was playing for us as part of our squad

Why do we need an upgrade on a player that's good enough to help us win the league? what else is there we should be winning that warrants this 'upgrade'? Unless you were one of these people that thought finishing any less than 3rd and not getting to the champions league final would be a disaster this season.

Because you can't stand still as a football club?

Manchester United won league after league but did Ferguson keep the same team every season? 

As Champions you've got to be ruthless and we weren't. Not necessarily Okazaki because I believe he's made that position his own but other positions - especially the defence - should have been improved.

3 hours ago, Gerbold said:

I don't think you did.That was a response to a post by 'Adam' not you.

I don't think players should be picked on their price either but I imagine the chairman won't be too impressed if your most expensive player can't get in the team. 

3 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

basically a japanese nugent. left out, we look disjointed, we lose, disaster. comes back, scores/assists, runs a lot, "links" play, hero. misses a sitter in two weeks time, hasn't scored in five, we've lost a few, disaster. drop him. repeat forever until he leaves. 

What you appear to be saying is that we should replace him because enough of our fans are too fickle and dense...