Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Vardy on Ballon D'or Shortlist

Great news, had an exceptional year. I know Neymar, Suarez,  Ronaldo and Messi are amazing players but surely the situation Mahrez and Vardy were in should factor in here. I know it was a team effort but those 2 were the main reason little old Leicester did the unthinkable.

5 minutes ago, BigWesMorgan said:

Can also add that Kante hasn't made it simply because of the fact that UEFA cannot see past goals and Assists as being a good player

Which  is also why 99% of the time it's attacking players who wins the award. It's  a shame Kante is not on that list but having 2 LCFC players on the freaking Ballon d'Or is mad ting.

7 minutes ago, BigWesMorgan said:

Can also add that Kante hasn't made it simply because of the fact that UEFA cannot see past goals and Assists as being a good player

there's 4 goalkeepers in it

45 minutes ago, BigWesMorgan said:

I thought it was international journalists and international team coaches who voted for the players 

50 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

so we, as leicester fans, have spent the first 3 months of this season constantly wanting TWO BALLON D'OR NOMINEES dropped for not being good enough. wake me up when this is all over. 

Haha. "Form is temporary, class is permanent", the statement generally uttered before the your average England team humiliation.

14 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I thought it was international journalists and international team coaches who voted for the players 

As far as I'm aware the shortlist is picked and then journos, managers and captains from the top leagues vote from the shortlist of three.

Can't see either getting to top three but what an achievement to be up there. Last season has just about sunk in and then this comes along and makes you doubt it all over again... 2 Leicester players making Ballon D'or shortlist!

14 minutes ago, FraserSorensen said:

As far as I'm aware the shortlist is picked and then journos, managers and captains from the top leagues vote from the shortlist of three.

Can't see either getting to top three but what an achievement to be up there. Last season has just about sunk in and then this comes along and makes you doubt it all over again... 2 Leicester players making Ballon D'or shortlist!

Seems it has changed from this season onwards, taken from sky sports 

This year's edition of the prestigious individual prize will be judged solely by a panel of journalists after FIFA and France Football ended their partnership.

Between 2010 and 2015, FIFA's World Player of the Year award had been combined with the Ballon d'Or to create the FIFA Ballon d'Or, which was decided by a combination of votes from national team managers, captains and journalists.

1 hour ago, BigWesMorgan said:

Can also add that Kante hasn't made it simply because of the fact that FIFA cannot see past goals and Assists as being a good player

Cannavaro won it in 2006. Beckenbuer and Lothar Matthaus have both won it too. 

I thought Buffon and Neur have both been shortlisted in recent years too?

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Kante isn't playing in the champions league and didn't have a great euros with France. 

Payet diid which probably got him in.

i reckon if NG was still here and strutting his stuff in the CL then he would have made it in there. 

Haha I'd love this to be true.

2 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

vardy-horror-hair-650x289.png

Ballon D'or nominee, mate :cap:

If he gets it,  I so hope this is the photo they use for the backdrop. 

Archived