Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Vardy on Ballon D'or Shortlist

Guest bss9401

No place for the journo's darling Harry Kane ? lol

That said, if there were only 2 in it he would somehow manage to come third!

5 hours ago, BigWesMorgan said:

Can also add that Kante hasn't made it simply because of the fact that FIFA cannot see past goals and Assists as being a good player

FIFA have nothing to do with it anymore...

Anyway.. I know we've heard a lot of these "four years ago we were..." but today has really been one those days.

Tonight I watched James Vaughan and Neil Danns struggle for Bury against Bolton in League 1.... on the same day two of our players made the list of the 30 best footballers on the planet....

Danns and Vaughan were playing for us just three and six years ago respectively...

6 hours ago, BigWesMorgan said:

Can also add that Kante hasn't made it simply because of the fact that FIFA cannot see past goals and Assists as being a good player

This is not fifa ballon d'or...it is france football ballon d'or who used to sponsor fifa ballon d'or bur this year decided to split from fifa.

Fifa ballon d'or is going to be announced in January 2017 I believe with usual 3 nominees. 

20 minutes ago, AlgerianFox said:

This is not fifa ballon d'or...it is france football ballon d'or who used to sponsor fifa ballon d'or bur this year decided to split from fifa.

Fifa ballon d'or is going to be announced in January 2017 I believe with usual 3 nominees. 

You kinda burst my ballon there. :(

1 hour ago, AlgerianFox said:

I believe it is not FIFA ballon d'or but FIFA Player of the Year. The Ballon d'Or is a trademark of France Football.

11 hours ago, MattCan said:

I believe it is not FIFA ballon d'or but FIFA Player of the Year. The Ballon d'Or is a trademark of France Football.

Is it? 

This is from sky sports 

This year's edition of the prestigious individual prize will be judged solely by a panel of journalists after FIFA and France Football ended their partnership.

38 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Is it? 

This is from sky sports 

This year's edition of the prestigious individual prize will be judged solely by a panel of journalists after FIFA and France Football ended their partnership.

Yeah it was the case during my childhood too. FIFA had their own award. Ballon d'or used to be solely European player of the year. 

''The FIFA Ballon d'Or (French pronunciation: [balɔ̃ dɔʁ], "Golden Ball") was an annual association football award presented to the world's best men's player from 2010 to 2015.''

Taken from :  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_Ballon_d'Or

It makes it all the more special - because it means the votes are completely independent observers. When FIFA was involved, it was every national coach and national captain what got a vote each. Again, it makes all the more bonkers - that most of Europe's journalists (England's is solely from the magazine World Soccer) think our two lads are more worthy than the majority of the big name, big clubs. 

5 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Is it? 

This is from sky sports 

And that agrees with what I have said.

For this year:

- FIFA ballon d'or  is defunct,

- Ballon d'Or is solely sponsored by France Footbal  and judged by journalists,

- Fifa World Player of the year is sponsored by FIFa and judged by players, coaches, and journalists from every member nation.

Not sure whether his former background and current success is known quite globally, but in any case of him achieving this award it'll certainly get his name across to those who never heard of him and gives hope to youngsters who have been rejected by a club like Vardy has done in his youth.

I look at it as a plain ignoramus simple fan...

The other nominees have the right and expensive trimmings around them, plus WC teamates.

and deservedly won or been nominated before, they had to work hard to earn it.That program

has come to the successfull end it warranted.

Mahrez and Vardy, popped up from nowhere, and created a story for their team and themselves. It is and was unique "happening" from a bunch of Nobodies.

Followed and loved world wide...

What a real chance now for the money and big boys to sell the game further, we created

and realised that story that sells....Now lets see if they bite !!!!

19 hours ago, AlgerianFox said:

Sorry. 

But for Ryad it is a prelude for the African player of the year wich we believe he should win it.

He should win it. The only challenger to Mahrez is Aubameyang who's a class player himself. 

On 24/10/2016 at 23:19, AjcW said:

FIFA have nothing to do with it anymore...

Anyway.. I know we've heard a lot of these "four years ago we were..." but today has really been one those days.

Tonight I watched James Vaughan and Neil Danns struggle for Bury against Bolton in League 1.... on the same day two of our players made the list of the 30 best footballers on the planet....

Danns and Vaughan were playing for us just three and six years ago respectively...

Neil Danns!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37761973

Pick your Ballon d'Or 11.

Only 3 defenders so best to change your formation to a back 3

Buffon

Ramos           Godin             Pepe

Mahrez          Bale              De Bruyne          Ronaldo

Messi

Vardy              Suarez

Lethal lol 

Archived