Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

The Days of our Lives

2011 till now has been great times. 

Other clubs comparable to us are still in a mess. Sheffield Wednesday haven't been in the top flight for 17 years. Forest for 18 years. Ipswich have stood still since 2004. Sheffield United have been in League One for 5 years. We got relegated from the Premier League with Leeds in 2004. They still haven't recovered. 

May the good  times longer continue.

Our home record is ridiculous, basically we've had a bad three months in 2014/15 in the past three years. We lost 6 in 8 during that time, either side of it we've lost 4 in 58.

Our season tickets have been cracking value for money in recent years.

Honestly for me it's been since an emotional rollercoaster since the moment Big Nige walked into the club in 2008.

I remember standing behind the goal after the 0-0 against Stoke being distraught and it taking weeks to get over.

Turns out relegation to League One was the best thing that ever happened to us.

To witness our club rise from League One to champions of England in 7 years is just utterly unreal. I doubt anyone else will ever have the chance we have to have witnessed their team do that Just incredible!

"Carlo Nash saved brilliantly from Iain Hume and Richard Stearman, and a win for Southampton sent Leicester down.

Stoke's fans invaded the pitch for a second time to begin partying, while the 2,000-strong Foxes contingent contemplated a dramatic fall from grace for their club.

Four years after exiting the top flight, they face the prospect of a dogfight in League One despite an injection of cash in the past 12 months from owner Milan Mandaric."

Seems like an eternity go.

i can remember just about the 98ish season. basically bar 05/06 and 06/07 when i didnt go much anyway, there's barely ever been a boring month supporting us let alone full season. 

you look through some clubs and just think what's the point. clubs like forest or leeds. it's been a generation since literally anything exciting happened to leeds, really. their season starts in august, they win a few, lose a few, already in october it's obvious they won't be going up and they're probably not going to go down. it gets to march time and it is literally season over we're finishing 14th already. 

barely ever happens to us. 

4 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Yeah you can definitely extend the whole consistently great emotional rollercoaster thing back to 08/09 really. It's had everything, good and bad.

yep, most football fans at any level of any club won't experience the ups and downs we've had in 8 years in their whole 80 years of following the game. since 2008 we've been at our very lowest, we've been at the very highest we could possibly be.

even in two weeks at the end of 12/13 we experienced more ups and downs, sheer joy and complete heartbreak than most everton fans i know have experienced in their whole lives. 

6 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

i can remember just about the 98ish season. basically bar 05/06 and 06/07 when i didnt go much anyway, there's barely ever been a boring month supporting us let alone full season. 

you look through some clubs and just think what's the point. clubs like forest or leeds. it's been a generation since literally anything exciting happened to leeds, really. their season starts in august, they win a few, lose a few, already in october it's obvious they won't be going up and they're probably not going to go down. it gets to march time and it is literally season over we're finishing 14th already. 

barely ever happens to us. 

That's what their fans think these days as well- both averaging 10,000 less than they could/should be.

We've had a club to be proud of for a long time now- we've been on a steadily upward curve ever since Nige came back. He had that record of finishing each season higher than the last, constantly building and improving, and I always wondered how high we'd get. Never imagined we'd hit the ceiling.

Thank heavens the club allowed new owners to come in - who analysed the club, and have built it very firm foundations for a very bright future. Could've easily been an owner like Hull's who seems to have no interest in the fans and what they want.

Fans of Leeds, Cardiff, Forest, Portsmouth amongst others even Derby are probably undeniably jealous of the upwards rocket that has been launched at this club.

3 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

And back to ourselves v Crystal Palace

The top teams are still unconvincing and I believe we can catch them

Now I'm not saying it will happen, even more ridiculous than last year... But imagine if we won the league again lol

I actually wouldn't put it past them, every season since 2012-13 we have had the most utterly ridiculous conclusion to a season imaginable!

11 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Now I'm not saying it will happen, even more ridiculous than last year... But imagine if we won the league again lol

I actually wouldn't put it past them, every season since 2012-13 we have had the most utterly ridiculous conclusion to a season imaginable!

It would be ironic.  For me the clincher of the absurd would be if we win the champions league! lol

9 hours ago, Corky said:

Our home record is ridiculous, basically we've had a bad three months in 2014/15 in the past three years. We lost 6 in 8 during that time, either side of it we've lost 4 in 58.

I'm going to write to the club and demand they increase the price of my season ticket!

49 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

I think my son hit the nail on the head when he told me I couldn't bang on about the good old days anymore.

These are the good old days. 

...you'll have to inflict these good old days on to your grandchildren :)

12 hours ago, Corky said:

Was retrospectively thinking after I moaned about our hoofing against Copenhagen - I watched a video from the twitter account Leicester_Loyal, it was the Cov home game where De Vries scored twice. One of the goals was literally Maybury punt down the line, Cov defensive went to the wing, simple cross and De Vries taps in after Hammond misses it completely. Great days. 

Typically, my past year has been not great personally. At a time when my football team are at their greatest. 

we've been on an upward trajectory for a long time and long may it continue.i am sure there will be a few bumps in the road but we as a club are big enough to deal with them.these last couple of years have been amazing and no one has made such an improvement in such a short space of time and if we keep improving and developing then anything is possible

Archived