Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt_Lcfc

Jamie Vardy?

I have absolutely no doubt that he'll come good again. Not to the extent of last season most probably but during his time here he's proven time and time again that he can pull himself out of a slump.

Personally I'd prefer he got dropped from the national team so that he can focus on rediscovering his form for us.

23 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Totally agree. 

Claudio has actually come out and said he's playing how he has told him to and he's following instructions, e.g. Chelsea away. Here he was told to follow and stay near Sideshow Bob, and in another game not to press. Against Soton the first half he was behind Slimani i.e. playing the supporting role rather than being on the shoulder of the defenders. I'm not sure how great ideas are (they actually sound ridiculous) but I'm not sure it's fair to get on his back given some of the tactics.

Drinkwater for all he's been our best player so far (excepting WBA) is causing a problem in joining Morgan and Huth in the centre of defence to take the ball off them. He's then way too far back to make the clinical through ball to Vards.

From what I have seen the whole team is 20yds further back than last season when we have the ball, and the lump up to Slimani is all to easy and not the answer.

For me, as decent a finisher as is he inhibits a more slick way of playing which suits us. By all means have him on when you can get to the byline and put some crosses in, but launching it 40 yds to anybody when they are 35 yds from goal facing the wrong direction, surrounded by defenders is counter productive to the style that we were successful with. It damages the threat of Vardy most of all because while that's going on he's not getting the ball.

I have said more than once, it seems to me that the obsession with having to use a Plan B and trying to utilise it no matter what could be the issue. Plan A - counter attacking at speed worked fine, while Plan B - a slow build up and then lumping it up to a big guy (who has to have game time as he cost £30m) is ****ing useless. 

I think a big part of he reason we're 20 yards back is that Vardy's movement is so static. The easy ball down the channels for our not-particularly-technical defenders has disappeared so we can't get the ball forward without going through an extra pass to DD in our defensive third.

As for Ranieri's comments after the Chelsea game, my feeling was that he was protecting Vardy. I actually thought that was one of Vardy's more energetic games this season.

You're not allowed to call Spain average. You'll get vilified by some. They'll bore everyone to tears with the slowest passing football ever but somehow be back to the best team that have graced the planet after beating a distinctly average England team. 

When Vardy's on form and confident he's a monster, defenders hate playing against him. You ask most from last season who their least favourite opponent was and he'd be right up there.

But he is a limited player- what he does well he does exceptionally, but take that out and there isn't a huge amount else. We need to get him moving as he did last season before the goals come back.

Whisper it quietly but there's something resemble a system and some actual tactics here! Fair play Gareth... even told them to play it over the top and wide for Vardy which no one else ever did!

Fantastic all round game from Vardy tonight. He linked well with those around him, ran back and won the ball and started attacks, made some great runs (didnt get picked out twice), made a goal via a peno and scored a great diving header. The only thing for me is that he still looks like he is carrying an injury or playing at 80%. Im glad he just picked up the MOM award as well.

Over to Claudio. How do you get him and Slimani in?!!!

Archived