Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beliall

Desert Island discs

What one album would you take on to a desert island with you? I can't really say what my all time favourite album is, but I would take this I think

What about you?

(I'm playing FM2017 and have run out of music to listen to. Hence this thread. Thanks for helping)

7 hours ago, the_tank said:

Would have to be a double album..

Ramones_-_It's_Alive_cover.jpg

I can remember c. 1982 leaping around to that album with my (now deceased) mate.

We lasted the first 6 tracks (so about 10 mins?) lol

I'd have to go for this one, for sheer range and variety of mood (plus quality, obviously)....

TheClashLondonCallingalbumcover.jpg

One? Don't we get eight? Same as Purpleronnie said, mine would change from day to day (even if whittled down to 8), but for now (and just to be different, because there's already been some good contenders mentioned)...

220px-Screamadelica_album_cover.jpg

Simply because of it's so diverse, something for any mood.

For those of you who don't know (c'mon, it's got to be one of the most iconic album covers ever!) it's Screamadelica by Primal Scream.

Are you allowed albums with various artists on? If it stretched to 8 and that was so, I'd definitely have an album of my favourite classical pieces.

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Either Blood on The Tracks or Songs of Love and Hate or perhaps even something by Otis Redding. 

Picking one is somehow easier than picking eight.

Otis blue?  Can't go wrong with one of the greatest records of all time.

Just now, purpleronnie said:

Otis blue?  Can't go wrong with one of the greatest records of all time.

I never caught him first time around - so I've always listened to everything of his on a huge compilation I have which I have no doubt is from lots of different albums.

What a voice. What a song writer. So mature at such a young age. I would really love to know how his voice and writing would have developed with more life experience etc and surely he'd have had an immense, all encompassing catalogue by now. 

This has always intrigued me as well - I think Otis would have nailed this - http://somethingelsereviews.com/2014/01/15/he-would-just-tear-it-up-robbie-robertson-wanted-otis-redding-to-cover-a-key-bob-dylan-song/

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 15:40, The People's Hero said:

I never caught him first time around - so I've always listened to everything of his on a huge compilation I have which I have no doubt is from lots of different albums.

What a voice. What a song writer. So mature at such a young age. I would really love to know how his voice and writing would have developed with more life experience etc and surely he'd have had an immense, all encompassing catalogue by now. 

This has always intrigued me as well - I think Otis would have nailed this - http://somethingelsereviews.com/2014/01/15/he-would-just-tear-it-up-robbie-robertson-wanted-otis-redding-to-cover-a-key-bob-dylan-song/

Otis Blue is a cracking album although Sam Cookes original version of a change is gonna come is better than the one on Otis Blue another one with an amazing voice, in fact probably if not the greatest and another who went far to young.  And from what I have read it was written after being influenced by Dylans Blowin in the Wind

Archived