Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Kingy

4 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

I don't care who they tried to sign it's about who they did (or more importantly didn't). Either way we massively ****ed up 

But you can't sign who the club won't sell. You can't sign who doesn't want to come. Leicester will be viewed by foreign players a one season wonder (see Kate re this). Until last season not many players would even know where Leicester was. Leicester is a shit city. All these things make Leicester not the first choice of many decent players. I'm sure the club did the best business they could as clearly they paid top dollar for not great players. Yes I agree,  there are things to be concerned about but you can't sign what won't come.

1 minute ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Why just solely pick on him? What about the other let downs around him..... he's only playing because we have nobody else currently 

We're not? There's been threads about Zieler, Amartey, Mahrez, Albrighton, Schlupp, Vardy and Slimani in recent weeks... We all know each player has been shite this season.

2 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Why just solely pick on him? What about the other let downs around him..... he's only playing because we have nobody else currently 

Because he isn't good enough for us. Fair play for being here for so many years but he's got by for so long without any criticism what so ever. We've out grown him and he isn't good enough. Thing is with Leicester fans they like a player too much we need to move on if people on here want the top half finishes, European trips etc. Harsh? Maybe but it's plain and simple. 

Just now, Ashley said:

Because he isn't good enough for us. Fair play for being here for so many years but he's got by for so long without any criticism what so ever. We've out grown him and he isn't good enough. Thing is with Leicester fans they like a player too much we need to move on if people on here want the top half finishes, European trips etc. Harsh? Maybe but it's plain and simple. 

I never said he was good enough but neither are the others currently. Just not sure how we always single out the same names when we're losing games 

6 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

I never said he was good enough but neither are the others currently. Just not sure how we always single out the same names when we're losing games 

Not just when we're loosing games mate. People call him on here what ever

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

He's got by for so long without any criticism what so ever.

is this a joke man? he gets criticised (often unfairly) about 3 billion times more than everyone else put together. has done since the league 1 days, despite being an absolute hero for almost a decade. 

6 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

is this a joke man? he gets criticised (often unfairly) about 3 billion times more than everyone else put together. has done since the league 1 days, despite being an absolute hero for almost a decade. 

He's a hero why exactly? Because he's been here so long? 

9 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

Let's take names Scouse. I ain't having this.

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

He's a hero why exactly? Because he's been here so long? 

Yeah pretty much. Wasn't he man of the match against kobenhavn fairly recently? SOLID.

MANS A CERTIFIED LEDGE

yeah basically. when he scores the winner in the champs league final he'll have scored and been motm in every competition from league 1 to the world club cup in basically all our big games ever and people still won't give him any credit. 

King's been a loyal servant to this club for so many years and I've never seen the guy throwing tantrums with regards to his situation as a squad player.

He can be useful when somebody with quality is next to him (f.eg. Drinkwater), but he will never be able to carry a team or a game on his own shoulders.

The most damage he can do is in an advanced position as a No.10 in the later stages of a game that needs some positive influx going forward (see the West Ham home game in the 14/15 season for reference).

However, I don't think this thread would even exist if he wasn't paired with a disappointing and overstrained Amartey or had to play as a CM on a more regular basis.

We've failed to bring in additional quality competition in midfield last summer (not that I'm saying we weren't trying) and with the absence of Drinkwater, look terribly lightweight in that area. Plus, Ranieri is sticking with his 4-4-2, which renders King a lot less effective as opposed to a midfield three, such as a 4-3-3 or a 3-5-2.

All in all, King's only one side of the problem coin.

4 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

King's been a loyal servant to this club for so many years and I've never seen the guy throwing tantrums with regards to his situation as a squad player.

He can be useful when somebody with quality is next to him (f.eg. Drinkwater), but he will never be able to carry a team or a game on his own shoulders.

The most damage he can do is in an advanced position as a No.10 in the later stages of a game that needs some positive influx going forward (see the West Ham home game in the 14/15 season for reference).

However, I don't think this thread would even exist if he wasn't paired with a disappointing and overstrained Amartey or had to play as a CM on a more regular basis.

We've failed to bring in additional quality competition in midfield last summer (not that I'm saying we weren't trying) and with the absence of Drinkwater, look terribly lightweight in that area. Plus, Ranieri is sticking with his 4-4-2, which renders King a lot less effective as opposed to a midfield three, such as a 4-3-3 or a 3-5-2.

All in all, King's only one side of the problem coin.

He played alongside Drinkwater at Hull and was shite. Amartey was better than King yesterday.

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He played alongside Drinkwater at Hull and was shite. Amartey was better than King yesterday.

You mean better at giving the ball away and better at not holding up opposing attacks through the middle?

Amartey's first touch was unbelievably bad yesterday.

The thing is we were playing with an attacking-minded midfielder who had to play more defensively (King) and a defensive midfielder who's just not apt at initiating attacks or setting up his team mates with great passes (Amartey).

Just now, MC Prussian said:

You mean better at giving the ball away and better at not holding up opposing attacks through the middle?

Amartey's first touch was unbelievably bad yesterday.

The thing is we were playing with an attacking-minded midfielder who had to play more defensively (King) and a defensive midfielder who's just not apt at initiating attacks or setting up his team mates with great passes (Amartey).

Amartey - although did give the ball away couple of times - at least kept the game going. He had urgency. When we give the ball to King he slows the game down and first looks backwards or sideways to pass. He isn't good enough. I'm not saying Amartey is any better but he is no worse than King.

Both amartey and King are struggling a bit, the only thing amartey has on his side is that he's only 21 and will improve where as king has peaked. having said that the criticism of King is over the top, he's had a few games in the champions league this season and played well, he's just the current scapegoat for alot of people

Andy King has been with us a long time. I respect his commitment, although not many clubs (if any) have shown any desire to take him away from Leicester. He is a squad man. He has never been better than average at any time in his career. He has never been good enough to play in a two man central midfield, and I go back to the days of Wellens to help demonstrate that, they were aweful together. Andy King being played out of position??? as some have said, because he 'is an attacking midfield player', not defensive, I'm sorry but Kapulska isn't being picked, Musa wasn't being picked, for exactly the same reasons. The fault was quite obviously, as many have said, that we did not buy well enough in the summer. Claudio knows it, but can't say so.

No room for sentiment in football. We made a mistake giving him a lucrative long contract that is totally out of proportion with his talent. Not his fault though.

Steady championship player who clearly struggles at this level. You see him pass sideways, backwards often and then not be in a position to receive the ball back which i just can't fathom....it's low risk football and i think he plays safe like this because he lacks the inner confidence to take chances.

Obviously we need to move in the transfer window and make the CM position a priority as Amartey isn't of the required quality in there either at this stage.

20 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Bang average. Nuff said.

We would still have the same team as now, who would buy any of these over paid wankers now?

Has been at the club so long but does not dominate anything we don't notice if he is not in the team so isn't missed and that should be a sign. A decent player but is not going to get to the next level and is just part of the furniture now and is comfortable making appearances for us and waiting to be replaced by new signings

Archived