Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Kingy

Guest CityFan 06
3 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Can King play CAM when mendy/drinkwater are partnered?

He's always had an eye for goal.

I've been promoting this for a long while. He needs utilising.

Guest CityFan 06
7 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Thats where he played the year he won player of the year and was top scorer, he's a goal scorer pure and simple

Precisely. Play to his strengths, he's a great finisher.

Brilliant goal from King, I have to be honest I didn't think he had a shot like that in him. I am so glad to be proved wrong. A fantastic goal and fully deserved.fully deserves all the praise too as he is usually the first player to be criticised by the fans. Keep up the good work kingy

1 minute ago, foxy boxing said:

Brilliant goal from King, I have to be honest I didn't think he had a shot like that in him. I am so glad to be proved wrong. A fantastic goal and fully deserved.fully deserves all the praise too as he is usually the first player to be criticised by the fans. Keep up the good work kingy

You not watched him play much over the past 10 years? He used to play a much more advance midfield role in the Championship and would rocket them in from all over the place.

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

You not watched him play much over the past 10 years? He used to play a much more advance midfield role in the Championship and would rocket them in from all over the place.

Agree completely.

His highlight reel has some blinders

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

One club man. Legend to most. Won all three divisions with us. Top scoring midfielder of all-time. Good role model to kids. Twat apparently?

Some of our fans man.

It's a difficult one though really, isn't it? There was always going to come a point where we outgrew Kingy if our ambitions were to become reality.

He quite clearly isn't good enough to be a regular starter for us anymore and loyalty shouldn't make him immune to criticism.

Anyone that dishes out personal abuse to a footballer simply because he's not very good is a pratt, no doubt, but I can tolerate people's frustration that we're the reigning Champions and we're struggling to field a better central midfield than this.

The Man City game is possibly the only game King hasn't looked out of his depth this season and it's pretty obvious City were beyond garbage.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

It's a difficult one though really, isn't it? There was always going to come a point where we outgrew Kingy if our ambitions were to become reality.

He quite clearly isn't good enough to be a regular starter for us anymore and loyalty shouldn't make him immune to criticism.

Anyone that dishes out personal abuse to a footballer simply because he's not very good is a pratt, no doubt, but I can tolerate people's frustration that we're the reigning Champions and we're struggling to field a better central midfield than this.

The Man City game is possibly the only game King hasn't looked out of his depth this season and it's pretty obvious City were beyond garbage.

Regardless of what you think of his ability, talking about him in those terms is out of order though.

Describing him as "not good enough" "out of his depth" etc, fine, whatever. But it's ridiculous to call him out in such harsh terms for being a model pro.

18 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Regardless of what you think of his ability, talking about him in those terms is out of order though.

Describing him as "not good enough" "out of his depth" etc, fine, whatever. But it's ridiculous to call him out in such harsh terms for being a model pro.

Yeah but it's the internet and here be retards.

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Of course! I should have realised sooner: when he plays well, it's because the opposition are garbage!  (So, strictly speaking, Vardy, Mahrez et al can't really take much credit from the thrashing of Man City either)  That explains also why his MOM against Everton, last season's final home game, doesn't count either. Simples! Dohh, Kingbecile!

Every club needs decent players who are content to bide their time waiting for their opportunity, and Kingy rarely lets us down when he does, despite not being spectacularly good at this level.

On top of that he's apparently a very calm character in the dressing room, is a very rare one-club player in the modern game, and is likely to be in our top 5 for appearances and top 10 for goalscorers when he hangs up his boots. He's been there to help us through our lowest moment, and he was there in our finest. He's made a contribution (whether being our best player or back up option chipping in with the odd goal) for 10 seasons in a row and counting.

He's a club legend already, no doubt about it.

Archived