Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Champions league: Who do we want?

Amongst all the doom and gloom of league form, let's spend some time in dream land.

We have 6 teams who we could face in the last 16, who do we want?

THe once in a life time glamour tie? Or the less glamorous, but if we gain some form and new signing or two winnable game.

The options:

PSG

Benfica

Byern Munich

Bayer Leverkusen 

Dorrtmund (unless they get something in Madrid then Real Madrid)

Sevilla/Lyon

2 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

They really are amazing options. I'd say anyone other than Sevilla, as the rest are seriously easy to get to.

My preference would be Munich or Dortmund, but could you imagine 10,000 Leicestarians descending on Paris? Madness.

More than 10000 Leicesterians descended on Paris in 2000. Rugby Euro cup final Tigers vs Stade Francais. That was epic!

I wouldn't be counting on anywhere near the numbers going , not that there wouldn't be demand. For instance the allocation should it be Bayern would be around 3,750 and PSG around 2500. 

The allocations for the CL are 5% of capacity for away supporters which is far less than is required in the FA cup.

So far, we could get

PSG

Benfica

Bayern München

Bayer Leverkusen

Borussia Dortmund/Real Madrid

Juventus/Sevilla/Lyon

I'd prefer Benfica, Leverkusen or Lyon as the "easiest" opponents (on paper), but let's not get carried away - it's going to be a tough ask to get a result against any of these teams.

One can expect PSG, Bayern, Dortmund, Real, Juventus and Sevilla pulverize our Leicester squad to smithereens with relative ease.

I'm torn between saying a winnable tie to see how far we can go, in spite of the complications it may bring to our desperate struggle for survival in the league,
 or a true glamour tie that we'll remember forever even if we are annihilated.

I'd actually really like to face Juventus if I'm honest.

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I'm torn between saying a winnable tie to see how far we can go, in spite of the complications it may bring to our desperate struggle for survival in the league,

The compromise would be one of the true European giants who isn't one of the best sides in the competition- Benfica.

So it would be beneficial for us if Madrid finish top, Dortmund 2nd? Right?

Because if Madrid finish 2nd, they can't draw Barca or Atletico (or Dortmund). And Dortmund top would give Bayern a higher chance to draw us (though also a higher chance for Bayer to draw us).

If Dortmund finish 2nd, they could draw anyone (but Madrid), so there would be a lower chance for them to draw us, compared to the chance Madrid would have of drawing us.

1 hour ago, Terraloon said:

I wouldn't be counting on anywhere near the numbers going , not that there wouldn't be demand. For instance the allocation should it be Bayern would be around 3,750 and PSG around 2500. 

The allocations for the CL are 5% of capacity for away supporters which is far less than is required in the FA cup.

Lack of ticket numbers won't stop people going out to these cities for the game though

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

I'd actually really like to face Juventus if I'm honest.

I'm sorry but we will not beat any of these teams over a two leg tie. I'd rather get a huge team than her knocked out by benfica.

Archived