Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

FC Porto (a) 5-0 loss post-match thread

Laughter and a pisstake is the only way I can digest tonight's result and parody of a "performance".

I feel very sorry for all the fans that traveled to Portugal to be exposed to... this.

Players and managers have some serious apologies to do and for the time being, I don't want Ranieri to say ANYTHING AT ALL before or after matches.

In fact, none of our protagonists should be allowed to appear in public for the next couple of weeks, apart from playing at the King Power or away.

I feel for those who have travelled. Gutless.

Savage talking as though we have put out our youth team! 

What worries me is that who do we have now to bring in to the first team to improve us? Based on today's performances we have exhausted all options.

Good to see Mendy get a full 90. Worried about Drinkwater. Fair play to Barnes - my man of the match :ph34r:

Guest seanfox778
2 minutes ago, reynard said:

Almost certain to be even worse on Saturday. What is the record defeat in the Premier League because I'd sure put money on it at the moment.

Think it was 9-1 Tottenham v Wigan. Could be wrong though. 

Just now, Bazly said:

The only question is how long can this style of, I think its called bad football, carry on?

I'm not sure whether you can label it football any longer, it's basically just an excuse for cashing in on a big, fat monthly paycheck.

Said it in the match thread but Ranieri looks toast to me, completely lost the dressing room.  No chance he sends the players week in week out to put in performances like that.  We're now seeing a complete lack of basic application from EVERY SINGLE MEMBER of our squad.  People can say Porto are a good side, but Hull City should have a put a similar number past our first team FFS.  

Can only come to the conclusion that the players don't fear him, don't respect him and don't want to play for him anymore.

Sure we lost Kante, but I'm beginning to wonder if Walsh was an even bigger loss.  He was on the training pitch everyday with the players, was he the real mastermind behind last seasons heroics?  Did he simply pick up where his mate Pearson left off?  

Absolutely gutted it's coming to an end this way but the decline is unprecedented in post-war English football.  Something has to give.  Fast.

Not disappointed in the result, expected it, even warned someone earlier not to bet on us. What does disappoint me is that not one of the fringe players looked like they wanted to play man city at the weekend. Some of these lads aren't going to get many chances, would have been nice to see one or two pushing for a start. :dry:

Not sure what some expected when the manager clearly not bothered about the result and playing against a team that had to win. saying we made no effort first half is interesting - we covered two km further than they did in that period. 

We didnt need anyone to pick up an injury but drinks has and it could be a lengthy one.

we learnt that many of our second string aren't ready for this intensity of football. 

on the the plus side , sporting are out so silva might be available next month !

and we could now get Madrid in the last sixteen

Archived