Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ajthefox

Post rock/Instrumental

Anyone big into this sort of stuff?

My favourites are Explosions In The Sky (who are incredible live) and Caspian. Take Care and Dust and Disquiet are stunning albums. Also quite big on If These Trees Could Talk and This Will Destroy You.

I have a lot of The Album Leaf, God Is An Astronaut, Sigur Ros and Russian Circles but have somewhat struggled to really get into any of these as none of them have really grabbed me.

For anyone unsure of what I'm on about...

Takes a minute to get into but for me it's just pure noise at it's best. This song is a masterpiece. Listen from 7.20 onwards for a shorter hit.

This too, and the video is beautiful as well

Enjoyed those clips, @ajthefox, though I'd only rarely be chilled enough to appreciate them!

Here's a couple of old-timer (1970s) clips in a vaguely similar vein. I've not paid as much attention to Eno as I should have, probably because he's so chilled.

I love what I know of Neu!, though some of it is a bit more abrasive than the track here (try Negativland, if you don't mind a bit of friction).

Archived