Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Daniel Amartay is Having a Party

Best i've seen from him, and have been an ardent supporter of him. He's 21 and changing from the danish league to the premier league, not many players make the instant impact Kante does and the pressure on Amartey to fill his role has been completely unrealistic, He's been poor in games where the team have been poor, because if he cannot fill the role at the age of 21 it's the teams job to pull their fingers out and step in to help, unfortunately we've been so poor this year Amartey has been targeted. 

He has potential to be a top CM for us, for many years to come. 

I've seen atleast 5 people say sell him recently, absolutely ludicrous. 

Stand out man, other than vardy, looked to have grown on that performance, and his confidence must be soaring after that.

As I have said before, needs time, he's only 21, and a new league, and still think he's going to be inconsistent, but we have now seen what he's capable of.

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

He's a young lad playing at a top level, he's going to blow hot and cold for now. When he's on it he looks class

Which is EXACTLY the issue. This is the unforgiving Premiership. He's got to 'look on it' more than he has done.

Hopefully today will give him a massive confidence boost.

Regarding King...Christ, there have been some appalling posts made about him over the past week. Real horrid shit.

Im made up for him tonight.

Amartey played well today im very pleased

I also think we played better without Drinkwater, because for me Drinky has been holding up play alot and we looked better tonight, releasing balls quicker! 

Drinky has also been responsible for 3 goals to the opposition for bad pass backs and a penalty against Porto 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Both King and Amartey were first class today.

One game don't a great player make. Let's see more of it. Apart from the dodgy bit at the end, neither put a foot wrong today.

This.

We played to King's and Amartey's strengths today, by sitting very deep and keeping the midfield compact. Against teams when we need to play more expansive football King isn't the answer. However I was impressed with Amartey's passing today, he was very positive making lots of forward passes. If he can play like that more consistently, we'll have a great player on our hands.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Which is EXACTLY the issue. This is the unforgiving Premiership. He's got to 'look on it' more than he has done.

Hopefully today will give him a massive confidence boost.

Regarding King...Christ, there have been some appalling posts made about him over the past week. Real horrid shit.

Im made up for him tonight.

I've  been defending King for years mate,  not worth arguing with people that don't appreciate what he's done for us 

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Very true matey, very true

There were a couple of blocks today that were outstanding. They appear to be missed by many posters.

Possibly his past goal scoring means some are blind to his defensive ability.

No complaints on either front today.

mahrez killed him with that pass looked like he was saying to him after they bagged he was carrying a bit of an injury hence him making zero effort to come towards the ball, superb performance other than that he seemed a lot more switched on to what was going on around him i.e. runners and was an around beast (bar his shooting lol), i just hope he's able to string together a few of these performances together but I've got a feeling he'll be the fall guy for DD coming back in

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Both King and Amartey were first class today.

One game don't a great player make. Let's see more of it. Apart from the dodgy bit at the end, neither put a foot wrong today.

We have seen more, he's been like it in a number of games. 

He's 21... feck... if he gets his tempo right all the time, Christ what a player we'll have.

I've seen it before and said it. He has the attributes, it's mentality he needs.

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I've  been defending King for years mate,  not worth arguing with people that don't appreciate what he's done for us 

He was excellent today, can count on one hand King hounding players... wow, today the effort was immense.

He and the rest looked leggy, it's no shock though after the first 45.

Archived