Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Daniel Amartay is Having a Party

I liked he was the first to congratulate Vardy with his hat-trick by holding him aloft, clearly part of the team and really enjoyed himself today.

Big confidence boost for him today, let's hope his hot and cold pendulum is steadying.

Definitely retains his place, on this performance, for Bournemouth.

12 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Which is EXACTLY the issue. This is the unforgiving Premiership. He's got to 'look on it' more than he has done.

Hopefully today will give him a massive confidence boost.

Regarding King...Christ, there have been some appalling posts made about him over the past week. Real horrid shit.

Im made up for him tonight.

Been some pretty crap posts slagging off Amartey in recent weeks as well.Ring any bells?

I think come January when we make some signings, young players like amartey/gray for now should be impacting the game from the bench. Not consistent enough to start games, but as last season proved they are capable to come on and impact the last 20mins of a game.

I don't really know what people expect from a young inexperienced lad playing a very tough role in a foreign league other than inconsistent performances.

Im a big fan of this lad and he's been unfairly criticised this year. 

30+ million pound players produce performances like he did yesterday WEEK IN WEEK OUT. Players like Matic Kante Fernandinho Xhaka Dembele, it's stupid to expect Amartey to dominate every week because it's not going to happen

18 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Both King and Amartey were first class today.

One game don't a great player make. Let's see more of it. Apart from the dodgy bit at the end, neither put a foot wrong today.

He was the worst player to ever pull on a shirt the other week!

2 minutes ago, ImBlue said:

Think you have the wrong end of the stick, I'm reminding Col of his assessment of Amartey. 

Apologies. The hysteria recently, particularly in respect of Amartey has been laughable.  

10 minutes ago, ImBlue said:

Think you have the wrong end of the stick, I'm reminding Col of his assessment of Amartey. 

My assessment of Amartey won't change after one game. Unlike many on here. Yesterday's game was set up for both him and King. Guardiola, far from being a master tactician, at least yesterday, put out a formation that enabled us to effectively bypass our own midfield. I think Ttfn posted that Toure delivered more passes to team mates in 25 minutes than any of the other midfielders, including ours, managed in 90.

What Amartey and King did do well was their defensive work. And of course, King scored his one chance..typical of the man.

I must have posted now at least ten times (funny you don't bring these posts up too??.....interesting) that we have relied on Amartey far too much, far too quickly. It's not about his age. If you're good enough, you're old enough..it's about his lack of experience of the Premier League and, forgive me if I'm wrong, before yesterday we were conceding goals like no tomorrow.

But I'll wait a little longer and give him the benefit of the doubt. And of course, praise the kid when he performs well. Like I did yesterday.

My feeling is still that, if we had a first choice midfield of any real quality, Amartey wouldn't even be in it. We don't have, so he's had to be. Which generally hasn't been good either for him or for us.

Yesterday was one of those games. Man City were far too complacent and my feeling was that they thought they'd just turn up and win. It won't be like that on Tuesday.

Of course, people like you, sitting in front of their computers will nicely and conveniently brand me and others 'an Amartey hater'. If you actually read what I've written I've said two things. Firstly, I don't rate him. Secondly, that he's not been given a chance to settle in. The latter actually defending the kid.

Great performance yesterday and if he can continue his development will be a good player for us. He is still young and some supporters forget his age.needs to keep focus and awareness in games but as long as he keeps his effort in games will learn and be part of a great partnership in midfield

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

My assessment of Amartey won't change after one game. Unlike many on here. Yesterday's game was set up for both him and King. Guardiola, far from being a master tactician, at least yesterday, put out a formation that enabled us to effectively bypass our own midfield. I think Ttfn posted that Toure delivered more passes to team mates in 25 minutes than any of the other midfielders, including ours, managed in 90.

What Amartey and King did do well was their defensive work. And of course, King scored his one chance..typical of the man.

I must have posted now at least ten times (funny you don't bring these posts up too??.....interesting) that we have relied on Amartey far too much, far too quickly. It's not about his age. If you're good enough, you're old enough..it's about his lack of experience of the Premier League and, forgive me if I'm wrong, before yesterday we were conceding goals like no tomorrow.

But I'll wait a little longer and give him the benefit of the doubt. And of course, praise the kid when he performs well. Like I did yesterday.

My feeling is still that, if we had a first choice midfield of any real quality, Amartey wouldn't even be in it. We don't have, so he's had to be. Which generally hasn't been good either for him or for us.

Yesterday was one of those games. Man City were far too complacent and my feeling was that they thought they'd just turn up and win. It won't be like that on Tuesday.

Of course, people like you, sitting in front of their computers will nicely and conveniently brand me and others 'an Amartey hater'. If you actually read what I've written I've said two things. Firstly, I don't rate him. Secondly, that he's not been given a chance to settle in. The latter actually defending the kid.

Shame you don't accept the same criticism of King who by the way is 28 years old. Amartey is 7 years younger than him. King is the experienced senior pro who should be performing but he's been just as shocking as Amartey but yet you have  a go at people who are critical of King. 

For me both King and Amartey were great against Man City but they've both been appallingly bad this season, bar and few games.

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

Shame you don't accept the same criticism of King who by the way is 28 years old. Amartey is 7 years younger than him. King is the experienced senior pro who should be performing but he's been just as shocking as Amartey but yet you have  a go at people who are critical of King. 

For me both King and Amartey were great against Man City but they've both been appallingly bad this season, bar and few games.

What I thought was best about Amarteys performance is that he didn't lose his runner and kept concentrated for the full 90mins.

18 minutes ago, Koke said:

Does anyone actually read?

I myself have a go at King from time to time. I wrote only last week I see him as a squad player at the club. He always has been. He wouldn't be first choice if other, better midfielders were available.

What I get the ump at is the plonkers on here who write nasty stuff about the longest serving player at the club. Such as, he's been a drain on the club resources for years..and other similar guff.

Read the posts for fook sake! I'm agreeing with you about King, but as bloke who's given his whole for the club..he's a legend.

I swear, attempting to have decent conversations about our players on this bloody forum gets ever more difficult. And it's never been easy.

12 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

What I thought was best about Amarteys performance is that he didn't lose his runner and kept concentrated for the full 90mins.

Spot on. That was the main difference. He was thinking more about the game and especially tracking runners.

On 12/11/2016 at 14:52, Col city fan said:

Hmmmmmmm....

Archived