Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Man City Post Match Thread 4 - 2

Excellent teamwork and performance today, special mention for king and amartey, they bossed 3 of the best midfielders today defensively.

thought amartey's performance showed that with the right support,guidance and patience we have a very talented player who suits our teamwork ethic.

We are back!!! COYB! I loved the reaction after some of the goals, you could see some rage and passion from the players for once! That's what made us champions!!!

I think this match confirms a lot of what many thought about Pep - that his style would need heavy modification in the Premier League. That is a reminder to everyone in the league about why you don't let LCFC break on you!!! Luckily for us they forgot about that tonight.

Anyway fabulous game and a Vardy hat trick! Matty James is back! The Mahrez class returns! Slimani assists! Fantastic result and I hope the team remembers that we have to FIGHT every game.

Wow! Did not see that coming.

I'll hold my hands up and admit I was sure we were in for another battering, and I only really watched to see how accurate my prediction was. When I saw the line-up, I was completely confident I had made the right call. Never been so glad to be proven wrong.

We did get a leg up from Man City's comedy defending, but what an improvement from the team. So good to see us pressing again. All the players looked up for it, and it was like watching a game from last season a lot of the time. Really impressed with King and Amartey. Thought we'd get dominated in midfield, but it was far from that. So happy to see Jamie score again. Hope this opens the floodgates.

With any luck, this will serve as a big breath of fresh air - a big confidence boost that we so sorely needed, and with no European distraction until March, we should be aiming to build on this and start climbing the table.

I'd pretty much lost faith in Ranieri, after the continued persistence with the formation and the frequent toothless displays, but if we can get some more good results like this soon, then I'm happy for him to stay.

giphy.gif

As I sat there thinking here we go again...................... But I have to do this cos this is my Team

Then that happened the feeling of watching your Team perform well is just overwhelming

I love this Team......... Now can we get off their back Please

1 minute ago, tyfox said:

iv been really critical of the don and the players lately so its humble pie for me tonight. I'm so happy for the lads and i hope this could be the turning point

me too, and a slice for me on the basis of today. I so very much hope this is the turn of the tide

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Very good!

But shame they had a couple themselves.

To be fair the Kolarov free kick is just something he is capable of, and the Nolito goal was because your players were so fatigued. 

Huth and Morgan defending back to their best, the full backs tucking in, the midfield defending like lions and giving a second bank of four and Slimani holding it up and passing the ball to Vards along with Mahrez is scintillating style. Amazing performance from the lads who went back to doing what they do best. With Kasper and Drinky back for Bournemouth, James and Mendy fit and the likes of Gray and Okazaki in form and chomping at the bit, you would have to say things are looking good for the lads.

Keep it going!!!!!

1 minute ago, midland_red said:

me too, and a slice for me on the basis of today. I so very much hope this is the turn of the tide

We've all done it

We've been  been right to do it. Today, they proved to us they can still do it if they all play with:

Passion

Pride

And Ability

I still love this Team

I need to get gastroenteritis and stay at home more often. 

Felt like watching Leicester City 2015-16 at times tonight. Didn't ever expect that agin to be honest.

We need to show a bit of grit against more physical and organised sides now. 

Great result made by some world class goals. Even if everyone wants to blame Man City's defence the truth is that Vardy was absolutely ruthless in front of goal tonight and King's finish was pretty great too. Well deserved three points and hopefully that will kick start our premier league campaign.

Archived