Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxxed

The Humble Pie thread

17 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Where's the Smug F***er thread? :scarf:

I'm here baby, splash some water on your face, look again. Yes. I'm still here. And I'm right. And I'm righteous.

And I'm lovely.

Ill be delivering workshops on keeping the faith throughout 2017 but if I'm honest - I'm expensive and pretty much unaffordable by most. 

I slagged off effort and performances and today's result doesn't change what happened in previous games

But I am DELIGHTED by the effort and application today. Like a band of brothers again.

But we should get this effort every week as a minimum. If we do I won't moan about the result.

9 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

lol. You mean deluded. I'm sorry, if you support the club, you want the best for the club, that means not putting up with abject performances, especially when the players have been rewarded handsomely.

No, as a supporter, as a fan, as someone who wants the best for the club, it is our right, our responsibility to tell the players, manager, and owners we're not happy and demand better. We will be with the club through thick and thin, they will depart as soon as a bigger pay day comes along.

No I'm not deluded and You've clearly not grasped the point. If you want whats best surely you do whats most likely to get it. Booing and overt criticism doesn't help, it just piles more pressure on players who are struggling with performance/expectations etc. They are not automatons.On the other hand it s a psychological release for you personally as you satisfy your own frustration, which in turn makes you feel better. Which one of us really wants the best for the club? Talk is cheep. Actions are what count. 

I slagged off effort and performances and today's result doesn't change what happened in previous games

But I am DELIGHTED by the effort and application today. Like a band of brothers again.

But we should get this effort every week as a minimum. If we do I woon't moan about the result.

Off to get my tea now. Chicken pie followed by applie pie. Yum.

My wife doesn't complain about my effort, just that Mike Oxisntlong.

1 hour ago, crazyleicester said:

Unfortunately every club has morons and clowns. I know its not nice to say it of your own but to me I will call it just like I was talking about a brother or cousin. If it needs to be said then i`ll say it. Thankfully most of the lads and lasses on here are level headed but the percentage of idiots who have been calling for Vardy to be dropped and CR to be replaced by the likes of Big Sam are just embarrassing.

Still, lets not get carried away as its only one game but if the players apply the same application and skill as they did today and if Claudio says what he needs to and persists in his formula despite many calling for change then we will start climbing up that table no doubt.

Keep it going lads but have no fear, that faith is going nowhere!

I was one of those clowns.......that's made disparaging remarks calling for Ranieri to go.............and incensed fellow fans and was rightly banned for 10 days................it has done me the world of good to read the many balanced and well thought out views along with some very good wit!

What I would say of today is...........I thought the work rate and chasing men down was excellent..................and if that level continues then I agree the future looks healthier..................but I do think we looked vulnerable at the back and thought Man City could of easily drawn this game 4-4 with three really close efforts second half...................which does still worry me that although this was a massive win.................I'm not sure we've cracked it yet and the next couple of games are equally huge for us.

Peter schmichael have a good insight tonight on the dressing room. Winning the league, becoming local hero's, the fame and fortune that comes with it and the increase in wages, expectations, change in lifestyle is something to become accustomed to and placing guys in unfamiliar territory both off and on the pitch.

Question is, can they put it all behind them and get the spirit back that won them the title. Hope so.

We have been shit recently and everybody was rightly criticised. One win doesn't change my opinion. Shall see how we play at Bournemouth and Stoke first.

Don't think there is anything worse than "ohhh told you so".

46 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

No-one was wrong to criticise anything recently, we've been absolutely terrible.

Today was absolutely fantastic but it doesn't change the past.

26 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We have been shit recently and everybody was rightly criticised. One win doesn't change my opinion. Shall see how we play at Bournemouth and Stoke first.

Don't think there is anything worse than "ohhh told you so".

There is no excuse for our form in the last few weeks and everyone is right to criticise.

But what today does do is it shows up our support and the absolute fvcking dribble people have been spouting on here. The amount of people who had written off Ranieri and implied that our players weren't good enough before today is laughable. They've been shit yes, but there is form and there is quality. As if the title wasn't enough evidence, hopefully this will make people realise that we have been in a rut, but that doesn't mean we should just get rid of everyone.

Fair play to everyone in the win.

I had lost all faith in Ranieri after Wednesday but he put the doubters in their place with the performance tonight.Wednesday was brutal but having qualified I was more sympathetic towards it after. Tonight was perfect. He's not quite out of the woods yet but should we hit form in the next few games he'll have nothing to fear.

Vardy looking like his old self, Mahrez best show this season and the good shows of King and Amartey. Slim is a fair workhorse and could have got a few himself. A complete team performance up until the 4th goal. Only downside was Zieler not keeping a clean sheet.

I was fearful when I heard King and Amartey were lining up against Man City in a 4-4-2 formation but it was the hammering we all thought it would be!

It doesn't excuse the league form since spurs away. 4 points of 5 we've gained since have been against 2 sides that I wouldnt have expected anything from and is at odds with the 'easier' games we might have thought we're on the way.

It's good to be looking forward again but Tuesday will be no easy task. Put together a run of 7 or 8 points from 12 and then the humble pie can be dished out fully.

10 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Agree with this. I for one would love to eat humble pie! There's nothing better than seeing players give there all and getting a result too.

Would love you to, you ought be sick on it. You wanted him out and were banging on it about it all week. 

4 hours ago, ajthefox said:

There is no excuse for our form in the last few weeks and everyone is right to criticise.

But what today does do is it shows up our support and the absolute fvcking dribble people have been spouting on here. The amount of people who had written off Ranieri and implied that our players weren't good enough before today is laughable. They've been shit yes, but there is form and there is quality. As if the title wasn't enough evidence, hopefully this will make people realise that we have been in a rut, but that doesn't mean we should just get rid of everyone.

One game at a time. Todays win certainly hasn't taken away all my doubts. Today was great but it can go 2 ways from here, either go back to form or loose to Bournemouth...either is possible with Leicester city.

take away the 1st 20 mins and really we played as bad as we have done all season. on another day city could have scored 6 or 7 goals. we continue to give away posse ion far to easily also we lose out on any balls that are 70% or less in tackles. we are in need of a quality midfielder who can shield and hold the ball up. in saying that the 1st 20 mins was great to watch but what happened to the next 70 mins. 

45 minutes ago, bpfox said:

take away the 1st 20 mins and really we played as bad as we have done all season. on another day city could have scored 6 or 7 goals. we continue to give away posse ion far to easily also we lose out on any balls that are 70% or less in tackles. we are in need of a quality midfielder who can shield and hold the ball up. in saying that the 1st 20 mins was great to watch but what happened to the next 70 mins. 

No way near as bad as previous games. We kept our shape when under pressure, harassed Man City players when on the ball and released vicious counter attacks when able. On another day, we could have converted all of our clear cut chances and scored 6 or 7 goals too.

8 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

No humble pie. We've not shown any passion or hard work. Today, we showed that. That's all most people have been asking for.

And don't forget. This is one game. Albeit a massive one.

Most people have been asking for Pearson or Allardyce to manage us!

4 hours ago, bpfox said:

Oh yeah, let's forget the fact your 3 nil up against Manchester City, and should have been 4 at half time. We were bad :rolleyes:

4 points from Bournemouth and Stoke and you can serve it up.

We were excellent yesterday defended as one, kept our shape, more fight and passion than I've seen all season, Andy King actually put a few tackles in BUT their formation and game plan played into our hands.

We'll see if we've turned the corner.

Archived