Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Leicester City 4-2 Manchester City - Vote Now

Zieler - 7 - Punched when he needed to, caught when he needed to and wasted time when he needed to. -1 for the freekick, felt he showed too much of his goal to Kolorov.

Simpson - 9 - Stunning, worked his arse off. Remember when this lad was supposed to have a bad attitude? Well done Danny, didn't give De Bruyne or Sterling a sniff.

Huth - 8 - Ummed and  arred about a 7 or an 8. Went for 8. Steady, didn't have too much to do because of Fuchs' and Simmo's work.

Morgan - 8 - Kept Iheanacho in his pocket. A brick wall. Much better than in midweek.

Fuchs - 9  - Shame about the foul for the freekick but otherwise he was faultless. Stunning pass to Mahrez for the 3rd. Shove total football up your arse Guardiola.

Mahrez - 8 - Very quiet in the second half but I don't think i've let out a noise like I did when he laid it on for Vardy's second. Absolutely superb. I think there's probably about 5 players in the world with the ability to do that.

Amartey - 9 - Would have been a ten but for that sloppy pass that they got their 2nd from. More of this please Danny. Used his head and physicality in the right way.

King - 9 - I just love him. There will be a statue of him one day outside the KP.

Albrighton - 7 - Not quite his night in terms of possession and crosses etc but worked his arse off. Well done Marc.

Slimani - 8 - 2 assists, worked his plums off. Deserved a goal.

Vardy - 10 - Well done that man. Good things come to those who wait. Still think he's scored with every chance he's had this season.

Okazaki - 7 - didn't influence the game all that much, clever foul.

Gray - N/A - Not sure he touched the ball.

James - N/A - Absolutely delighted for him. Must have been torture not being involved last season.

Zieler 7 - Didn't have to do much, probs could have done better for the freekick but not all goalkeepers would stop that. 

SImpson - 7 

Morgan 8

Huth 8

Fuchs 9 - Best performance this season? The rest on Tuesday did him good

Mahrez 8 - Looked excellent, that touch for Vardy's second was mad. 

Amartey 9

King 9 

Albrighton 8

Slim 8 - Works so hard and got two assists

Vardy 10 - Can't find any faults with him after thinking he has lost his heart, three great finishes. Glad Ranieri kept faith in him. 

It's nice to see no 4s or 5s

And thank which ever god you believe in that we were reminded how good we can be

Pity Simpson picked up a booking but all round 8s for me

Tonight they played as a Team...................... Teamwork works you know

tumblr_n4jht4Vkzs1rnma1do1_400.gif

We just beat Man City.................................... :appl:

zieler hasnt won me over yet but easily his best performance so far.

simpson 7 poor decision making earned him a yellow but he actually looked quite comfortable tonight!

fuchs 7 benefitted from having options to pass to. solid defensively.

morgan 7 no glaring errors. dominant in the air.

huth 7 point to prove. came out on top.

mahrez 7 didnt overdo it. his assist for vardys second was top drawer

king 7 had one of his better nights just when we needed it. goal was superb but generally very handy.

amartey 7 gave the ball away for their second. should take confidence from an otherwise good performance.

albrighton 7 much better tonight, glimpses of last season.

slimani 7 worked tirelessly and should have scored 2. a nightmare to their defence.

vardy 8 came good. ive criticised just about every other player but him and tonight he repaid my faith. 3 shots 3 goals all 3 of them vintage vardy.

ranieri 6 inspired the players it seemed which i thought was beyond him. a little worried his plan for the second half seemed to be: HOLD ON!!

mancity 4 we caught them on an off night

ref 6

6 minutes ago, Blue Ed said:

Zieler 8

Simpson 8

Huth 7

Morgan 6

Fuchs 8

Mahrez 5

Amartey 8

King 5+2 for the brilliant goal 7

Albrighton 8

Slimani 8 Was outstanding today

Vardy 8

Sorry, must have to ask: King 5+2 / Mahrez 5 

dyod6y.jpg

Sky Sports ratings:

Leicester: Zieler (6), Simpson (7), Morgan (7), Huth (7), Fuchs (7), Mahrez (7), King (7), Amartey (6), Albrighton (6), Slimani (6), Vardy (8)

Subs: James (NA), Gray (NA), Okazaki (6)

Man City: Bravo (3), Sagna (4), Zabaleta (5), Kolarov (5), Stones (4), Fernando (4), Gundogan (4), Navas (4), De Bruyne (6), Silva (4), Iheanacho (4)

Subs: Sterling (5), Nolito (6), Toure (5)

Guest CityFan 06

Nice to get the win and be able to give out some positive ratings.

Zieler 8 - Made quite a few tidy saves. Solid performance.

Simpson 8 - Did well to maintain focus following picking up a yellow earlier on in the match. Remained resolute despite countless Man City attacks.

Morgan 8 - The whole back four did well to maintain mental concentration because Man City had lots of possession, and were in & around our box on many occasions. Morgan was great, very steady.

Fuchs 9 - Excellent throughout, defensively and going forward. He read the game very well and was involved in that stunning passage of play which saw Mahrez's touch assisting Vardy's finish.

Mahrez 9 - When he has confidence, he's world class. That touch to set up Vardy's 3rd - just sheer brilliance. He played his part in defending and was creative throughout on the wing. Linked up play well with others.

King 9 - What a finish for the second goal of the game - and a pivotal one at that. Superb display.

Amartey 9 - Showed what he's capable of, and hopefully he can build on that now. Covered space and monitored his surroundings well. 

Albrighton 9 - Particularly good. Industrious workrate, stepped in when required. Always looked to get the ball forward and today it worked, due to our tempo & movement. Key defensively as much as going forward.

Slimani 8 - Very impressive, helped link the play and he worked hard today, nearly scored too. Slim has an important influence on Mahrez.

Vardy 10 - MOTM. His first hattrick for the club, and 3 nicely taken goals. Today was exactly what he needed, superb performance. 

Zieler 6-  Not bad this week but i just feel he still has that air of nervousness hanging around him

SImpson - 7- Solid, I loved that breakaway in the second half

Morgan 7-  Stuck in and did his bit but I just feel he does get out-grappled quite bit today.

Huth 8- Some big headers and clearances. A beast. 

Fuchs 8- Apart from the silly foul for the free kick, brilliant in every department all game.  Gem of a pass to Mahrez. 

Mahrez 8 - Not very involved but boy when he does, he just creates magic.  Lovely assist for Vardy's second. 

Amartey 7.5-  Excellent defensive work.  I still think King/Amartery partnership is still unworkable unless King steps up consistently as we beat them on counter attacks rather than probing play. 

King 8-  Finally stepped up and take on Drinkwater's mantle in this game. A sweet hit. 

Albrighton 7.5-  Steady Eddie- some great plays especially a crossfield pass in first half and a smart run in the second half to set up Slimani's heading chance. 

Slimani 8 - Did lot of ground work and link up play while Vardy get headlines.  Squandered four excellent chances though. 

Vardy 9-  An absolute predator- Easiest MOTM decision I had to make this season.  Great hat trick. 

Okazaki 6

Gray N/A

James 10 just for sheer effort that he put in his injury comeback :P

Ranieri 8-  Put faith in his players but played his substitutions bit too late. 

Man City- 4  Not bad attacking wise but their defence.....I cannot remember seeing this many errors in a single match by a defence all of my life. 

29 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Sorry, must have to ask: King 5+2 / Mahrez 5 

dyod6y.jpg

Thinking about it now I think 5 was a bit harsh but, I do actually think Mahrez has had better games this season which I gave hime 6's for (games which we lost); the difference was that Man C allowed him the space for him to play, Thanks partly to Slim who played awesome and provided that space for him and he made the most of it. I was please to see the movement around him that can help the team out. But the last 15 minutes I thought he faded out of the game a bit. 

Zieler 7 - more solid

Simpson 7 - booked after being caught napping and late challenge but recovered

Morgan 7 - best game for a long while defensively

Huth 7 - as Morgan though lucky with one reckless challenge in box not to concede a penalty

Fuchs 8 - excellent game all round except for free kick to concede 1st goal

Mahrez 8.5 extra .5 for Vardy goal pass. Played very well.

King 7.5 - worked hard and good goal though keeper was bit poor. Needs to be consistently like this.

Amartey 7.5 - also worked hard. Poor pass led to second Man City goal. Needs to kick on from here.

Albrighton 7 - hard working performance. Level dipped for 15/20 after half time but came back well.

Slimani 8 - ran really well and set up first two goals. Pleased for him. Goal would have been nice. 

Vardy 9 - a superbly taken hattrick. Can't ask more. Brilliant finish for third.

Claudio 8.5 - still not convinced by 442 but seemed to get them up and be fired up. V pleased for him.

Pretty much everybody 7 or 8, Vardy 10.

We got last years level of performance for the first time this season. The midfield duo of King and Amartey worked at last,  and brilliant goal for King. 

My only criticism was leaving tbe subs a bit late.  Mahrez was flagging on the right and Gray should have come on sooner. 

EI EI EI Oh,  up the football league we go... 

Zieler 7 - A few good punches but should have saved the free kick.

Fuchs 7 - Superb composure and pass for the third goal

Huth 7

Morgan 7

Simpson 7

Albrighton 8 

Amartey 9 - MOTM - Covered everywhere, tracked back and actually intercepted their chances!

King 7

Mahrez 8 - Two of the best touches I've ever seen at the club. Bergkamp-esque!

Slimani 8

Vardy 9 - Superb, well taken, goals.

All the team brilliant inspired work rate! Now press like that every game!

Zeiler - 6 (best game for us so far, but not communicating enough and perhaps should have been better positioned for their free kick)

Simpson - 7 (Mr Reliable, except with a ball at his feet and time to use it; one of the few to be playing consistently at last year's level)

Wes - 6

Huth - 7 (where did that come from?!!)

Fuchs - 6 (minus one for that tired and unnecessary challenge)

Mahrez - 8 (of the two world class players on the pitch, the one that influenced the match - a genius)

King - 7

Amartey - 6 (minus one for the assist for their second)

Albrighton - 6

Slimani - 7 (best overall game for us so far, looks as though he might fit in at last)

Vary - 8 (welcome back Vards!)

Okazaki - 5

Gray - n/a

James - yay!!! 

Zieler 6

Simpson 7

Morgan 7

Huth 7

Fuchs 8

Mahrez 8 good link up play between him, Slimani and Vardy

Amartey 8 he needs to be consistent, doing well every week

King 7 What a shot, cracking goal