Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

The only difference....

We didn't play a different system.

We didn't change the players.

We didn't even have Drinkwater.

But one thing that did change was the attitude. The effort. And that's everything.

We pressed, We harried, there was movement off the ball. Vardy came to life and starting doing the things he was doing last season. The tempo was high from the off. We fought for every ball. We headed everything we needed to. We made sure we won things at the back and the 50/50s in the middle.

We haven't lost it. We can do it.

A reawakening? Let's hope so.

Agree. And that's what has been missing. We have lacked desire and fight so far this season, rarely even pressed, but today we looked like the Leicester City of last season. 

Wonderful to see and lets hope we carry this on now.

18 minutes ago, daz*dsb said:

And the crowd responded and got behind the lads, and rightly so. 

Today is what football is about. Let's hope that it continues. 

I must of been deaf today then

2-0 up inside 5 mins and the place was silent 

Guest CityFan 06

Agree, our tempo was very high from the start and there was a real drive from all of the players. We were the Leicester of 2015/16. 

58 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

We didn't play a different system.

We didn't change the players.

We didn't even have Drinkwater.

But one thing that did change was the attitude. The effort. And that's everything.

We pressed, We harried, there was movement off the ball. Vardy came to life and starting doing the things he was doing last season. The tempo was high from the off. We fought for every ball. We headed everything we needed to. We made sure we won things at the back and the 50/50s in the middle.

We haven't lost it. We can do it.

A reawakening? Let's hope so.

Oh look. 

4-4-2 can work, Ranieri can get the players going and the players are good enough for this league.

Hopefully those fans who thought we should sack Ranieri and that none of the players were good enough will fvck back off down the holes they came out of.

4 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Oh look. 

4-4-2 can work, Ranieri can get the players going and the players are good enough for this league.

Hopefully those fans who thought we should sack Ranieri and that none of the players were good enough will fvck back off down the holes they came out of.

Lol, you've got your panties in a right twist. 

Go have a lie down m8. 

9 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Oh look. 

One swallow doesn't make a summer. If anything, this performance raises more questions than answers. Where has it come from and why have we been so, so poor for weeks/months? If this turns out to be the wake up call (I pray to the higher powers it is) then the critics will quickly change their tune. This performance, at the very least, gives us hope that was very quickly diminishing with every lacklustre performance and humiliation. Seeing Vardy and Mahrez play like this felt like taking the time machine back to the middle of last season. Brilliant and long may it continue!

It almost brought tears to my eyes.

jumping around the room with my son! Haven't felt this much excitement since last season.

every player on the field was giving 110%

the chemistry and effort was there for all to see and now with the addition of slim.  The guys look United and how wonderful to see them smiling again.  Well deserved!

now let's work on keeping concentration defensively till the full time whistle blows.

nice to see James back (Icing on the cake)

They played into our hands to be fair, made every mistake they made the last time they played us and paid a heavy price. The game was practically a carbon copy, Pepe should be hanging his head. Arrogant and naive approach.

not to take anything away from us we were obviously brilliant, ruthless, clinical and that's the best we've played all season.

but if you think all we need to do is roll out that xi with those tactics against a side that's come to with a plan to counter us your suffering with the same problem as Josep. 

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

They played into our hands to be fair, made every mistake they made the last time they played us and paid a heavy price. The game was practically a carbon copy, Pepe should be hanging his head. Arrogant and naive approach.

not to take anything away from us we were obviously brilliant, ruthless, clinical and that's the best we've played all season.

but if you think all we need to do is roll out that xi with those tactics against a side that's come to with a plan to counter us your suffering with the same problem as Josep. 

I don't think the system is necessarily right, nor do I think we can't improve the squad.

The point is though we aren't the hopeless shit people were making out - we've been badly underperforming and the biggest problem has been our attitude. 

Just now, Kitchandro said:

I don't think the system is necessarily right, nor do I think we can't improve the squad.

The point is though we aren't the hopeless shit people were making out - we've been badly underperforming and the biggest problem has been our attitude. 

There was a big improvement in both kitch I agree.

All I'm saying is the way they setup helped us no end and we will be lucky if many more teams make the same mistake.

Sorry but I disagree, yes the effort was more. But also a massive difference was them taking us for granted. How many times did stones get isolated in a back three? Their defensive system was bloody criminal. If we played against some defensive miseries instead of the "what's tackling" lot, it could have been different.

Archived