Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

The only difference....

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Sorry but I disagree, yes the effort was more. But also a massive difference was them taking us for granted. How many times did stones get isolated in a back three? Their defensive system was bloody criminal. If we played against some defensive miseries instead of the "what's tackling" lot, it could have been different.

For me this performance was like last season.

Teams started to sit back against us last season but we kept grinding out wins.

I'm not saying Man City's tactics didn't help us, but you can't say we weren't massively improved regardless of what they did.

We won't thrash everyone doing what we did today but we will give ourselves a huge chance of winning more matches.

Man City could have done what they did today but had we played like we did at Sunderland or Watford we'd have still lost.

It's about what we do.

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

For me this performance was like last season.

Teams started to sit back against us last season but we kept grinding out wins.

I'm not saying Man City's tactics didn't help us, but you can't say we weren't massively improved regardless of what they did.

We won't thrash everyone doing what we did today but we will give ourselves a huge chance of winning more matches.

Man City could have done what they did today but had we played like we did at Sunderland or Watford we'd have still lost.

It's about what we do.

I'll go with it being a combination, God so much more effort (how many times has Vardy chased things this season?). So much better.

For me the difference was the fact that their defence played a higher line thus allowing Vardy the extra bit of space.

Our defending was also top class, we gave them neither the time or space to play as they wish.

I fully expect the Bournemouth game to be so different, Eddie How's knows our game and sets his team up accordingly.

I expect this to be a very hard tough game, a winner I feel is difficult to predict.

9 hours ago, Babylon said:

Sorry but I disagree, yes the effort was more. But also a massive difference was them taking us for granted. How many times did stones get isolated in a back three? Their defensive system was bloody criminal. If we played against some defensive miseries instead of the "what's tackling" lot, it could have been different.

Correct.  Whilst we did play well, they played right into our hands.  They left space in a behind by playing a high line and pissed about with it at the back, allowing us to press high.  We now need to figure out a way of beating teams that come to defend!

The big factor was getting that early goal, it gave everyone a lift, and it was Vardy who is a confidence player. Then we got another and the confidence came flooding back. 

I don't think the players have been lacking effort, they have just not been able to channel that effort into something cohesive down to a lack of confidence. Hopefully we can kick on from here, Bournemouth aren't the sort of team to sit back and defend, hopefully JV and Mahrez will get some space on Tuesday and a win on Tuesday and suddenly it's not looking so desperate. Defeat on Tuesday and we are back in the relegation mix.

Clearly man city underestimated us, that is obvious but we played with much more intensity and were more driven in our attitude. Players seemed much more determined. Getting the early goals helped us a lot and gave us a cushion. We clearly slacked off in the second half and gifted them tro goals.if Vardy stays motivated and we can get the ball to him and mahrez , Slimani then we can hurt teams

19 hours ago, ajthefox said:

Oh look. 

4-4-2 can work, Ranieri can get the players going and the players are good enough for this league.

Hopefully those fans who thought we should sack Ranieri and that none of the players were good enough will fvck back off down the holes they came out of.

One game, my friend, does not a season or manager make....Let's see where we are after Christmas. 

Sure, Man City were naive and played right into our hands... but we still had to beat them, and some of our attacking play was sublime and ruthless.

We may struggle more against teams who nullify our tactics better- but other teams' tactics are far from the main reason we are where we are. We've had plenty of opportunities to have a go at teams like we did yesterday, and we've just been flat for the vast majority of the season. 

The increase in intensity, determination, creativity and positivity was obvious yesterday, and it was brilliant to watch. Do people honestly think we would have suffered the same results against the likes of WBA, Watford, Sunderland, Middlesborough and Hull playing like we did yesterday? No chance.

20 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

We didn't play a different system.

We didn't change the players.

We didn't even have Drinkwater.

But one thing that did change was the attitude. The effort. And that's everything.

We pressed, We harried, there was movement off the ball. Vardy came to life and starting doing the things he was doing last season. The tempo was high from the off. We fought for every ball. We headed everything we needed to. We made sure we won things at the back and the 50/50s in the middle.

We haven't lost it. We can do it.

A reawakening? Let's hope so.

Exactly. That is what I have been saying all season.

Personally thought the big difference was that we actually passed the ball at the right time, the right weight and speed, which makes it so much easier for forwards like Vardy to run on to. Vardy will always come to life if you give him a decent pass. 

The first three goals were all from three perfect passes, if you count the throw in! 

MC obviously gave us too much space, but don't take any credit away from Leicester, the first half we were superb and on another day could have been 5-0 up. 

Second half was always going to be keep what you've got. 

Archived