Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

This is my first attempt at a general chat thread so im fully prepared for deletion lol

A place to say whether your day was good or bad & why?

I'll start it

Cricket: check :)

Rugby: check :)

Football: check :D

Got steaming drunk last night & woke up without a hangover: check :D

Today was a good day :thumbsup:

• Like 3

lol do tell :P

I was supposed to referee a game at Beaumont Town but the parents and coaches are quite abusive so, as this is my first season and I am only 14, my dad didn't want me to referee it, thus I had to decline the appointment to that game.

I then got an email saying that I said I was available for that date and it reflects badly on me as a referee etc. so I replied saying that I thought I had said I was unavailable for that date (which was half right as I'd not ticked I was available for the league just this is the county FA so they don't see that card where you tick when you are available) so I said I was unavailable as I had to go to out (again - half right because I do just I could still have made the game.)

He then asked for the list of dates when I am unavailable and I told him and I said that it was because I have said that I am available to referee down Leics. Academy. Little did I know that I had actually listed the date that I said I was unavailable for the cup game :doh:He then got on the phone to the people down at Leics. Academy who deal with referee's and had a word with him and he said that I'd said I was available down there for that date.

He then decided to ring me. He said he felt like he was being run around etc. and the County FA games come above any games down at the academy (which I disagree with as my list of prioritys differ; I'd rather do the Academy games :cool:)So then I ended up telling the truth about I was available I just didn't want to do Beaumont Town and he sounded annoyed that I hadn't told him that in the first place but he did give me another game. Just he sounded very displeased with his tone of voice.

Me going down the Academy meant I had actually cut a lot of corners to get down there as my Dad knows the people so I think that me ending up telling the truth will have cost me my place down the academy.

So I lied and got a bit iffy as he was really peed off with me etc. and I told the truth and now I feel I might have lost my place at the academy.

but you wouldn't know whether he was telling lies or telling the truth so not worth hearing whatever!
Why would I lie? :mellow: Edited by DB11