Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox123

Which band would you most like to see reform?

Took the words right out of my mouth... especially with Japan. Have you heard of Japan singer's David Sylvian's solo stuff.. it's amazing.

Talk Talk also, if they come back with their later style sounds on the vein of Colour Of Spring or Spirit Of Eden

Having read David Sylvians book there's no chance of Japan ever re-forming (under the name of Japan at least).

But as they all either perform or produce each others work, And re-formed under the name of rain tree crow then they will always kind of be around.

I brought a couple of Mick Karn albums whilst in Tokyo the other month excellant stuff. I even think there better than some of the Sylvian albums (though these are new to me and have to stand the test of time)

well I have seen Weller a couple of times last year and when he plays The Jam songs the crowd goes mental last time in Notts he did Eton Rifles, Thats Entertainment, Butterfly collector and the reception is brilliant I imagine an entire Jam concert would be awesome.

However....

I like to remember bands as they were. A great band should release a couple of amazing albums, split leaving the crowd begging for more. it's very rare that a band can carry on for years and years staying fresh and not becoming a parody of themselves!! Sex Pistols anyone?

So I don't want to see anyone reform best leave the memories as they were leaving the crowd wanting more

I was dragged along to see Weller at DMH a few months ago.

I fucking hate him, but Eton Rifles is insane live.

Weller isn't really my normal sort of thing but I think he puts on a great live show infact I enjoy his live shows more than his albums his band are all very very talented, can't think of many bands whos drummer picks up a guitar and sings a song and Steve Craddock is a great guitarist.

but yeah The Jam songs are awesome just a shame he thinks that Bruce Foxton and Rick Buckler are a pair of free loading aresholes!! so a reunion just isn't going to happen.

But people disagree all the time on here. People seem to get very upset its not the end of the world if someone doesnt agree.

:thumbup:

p.s Maybe its the beer I'm drinking, I'm not used to beer actually tasting like beer, rather than the fizzy water I have to drink in the states.

I think the thing that riled MTWG though was that you didn't post something along the lines of "I find Blink a bit rubbish really. I mean, they were 25 year olds pretending to be 12"but stuck to " :crylaugh: ", which made it just look like you were laughing at him for liking Blink. That's different to disagreeing on musical tastes. Or something like that. I don't know. I'm tired and not good at posting serious things.

At the end of last year, they went on "indefinite hiatus."

That's just when I started listening to them, too. Shame it took me so long to find them. All of their songs are the same, too, and I just love it.

i saw them play in leicester at that place, opposite the pump and tap, horrible little converted working mens club...but they were awesome live...very small and a bit posh but awesome

I think the reformation of the original line up of Bananarama, consisting of Siobhan Fahey, Keren Woodward and Sara Dallin would be a massively exciting moment in pop music. Jacquie O'Sullivan never quite cut the mustard, either musically or as a sex symbol. Rerecording I Want You Back signalled the beginning of the end...

And the very notion of Bananarama as a duet is an insult, quite frankly. Get the three original members back together and I'd be willing to pay a reasonable sum, plus booking fee and postage, to see them all on stage again.

I think the reformation of the original line up of Bananarama, consisting of Siobhan Fahey, Keren Woodward and Sara Dallin would be a massively exciting moment in pop music. Jacquie O'Sullivan never quite cut the mustard, either musically or as a sex symbol. Rerecording I Want You Back signalled the beginning of the end...

And the very notion of Bananarama as a duet is an insult, quite frankly. Get the three original members back together and I'd be willing to pay a reasonable sum, plus booking fee and postage, to see them all on stage again.

i preferred her in shakepears sister though, with that septic.

as well as oasis, i'd like to see tin machine reform.

Archived