Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

On 15/08/2016 at 12:07, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Just got back from Boomtown, played the Chinatown yesterday afternoon, great laugh. Saw Mad Caddies do an hour long set last night and they didn't play Road Rash, the fvck is that all about? Imagine seeing the Baha Men and them not playing Whom Let the Dogs Out. Madness

(Also saw Madness.)

Like watching Chumbawamba and they don't play Tubthumping.  Or watching Afro Man not singing when he got high.  Bad Manners.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Me and my wife went to see the Buzzcocks at SO36 in Berlin on 15th September - they were brilliant.

We got to our hotel in the afternoon and the band got in the lift with us then after the gig we met them again in the hotel lobby and they invited us to the after party.

A great time was had (from what I can remember!!) :thumbup:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Isle of Wight Fox said:

Me and my wife went to see the Buzzcocks at SO36 in Berlin on 15th September - they were brilliant.

We got to our hotel in the afternoon and the band got in the lift with us then after the gig we met them again in the hotel lobby and they invited us to the after party.

A great time was had (from what I can remember!!) :thumbup:

That's the way to do concerts

• 2 weeks later...

izzy bizu, aurora, zara larsson an blossoms last night. was fun. izzy bizu well sexy and good at singing. aurora didn't do the oasis cover off the advert. zara larsson wasnt as fit as i thought she was gonna be. blossoms were pretty tight. good set. 

For anyone is going to see Catfish and the Bottlemen this month, a Canadian band, July Talk is opening for them. They're great live, seen them like 5 times. they just put out their 2nd album, I recommend listening to some of their songs. They're not for everyone, but if you like their kind of music, you'll probably be blown away by them live.

Brix & The Extricated @ The Musician tomorrow night (Thurs 3rd Nov)

The former Mrs. Mark E. Smith (poor cow!) plus new band featuring The Fall's 1980s rhythm section (Hanley brothers) & others.

Some Fall stuff, some new stuff, apparently.

Just read Steve Hanley's book about his life in The Fall - very entertaining. 

Mark E. Smith comes across as a (talented) utter nightmare of a bloke, unsurprisingly.

Long-time drummer Karl Burns comes across as a (talented) depraved animal. Brix comes out sounding alright.

• 2 weeks later...