Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

I have tickets for Leeds Festival but not sure how things will work out, I traditionally go there with Mrs Deathside and we bought the 2009 tickets together, however, we have now separated so I'm not sure how this one will work out?

FFS, can't any of our friends manage to stay in a relationship? I'm getting really depressed with all this bad news. :cry:

Seriously, sorry to hear about that, and I hope you're ok, but I really am getting depressed as all my friends seem to be splitting up over the last year.

FFS, can't any of our friends manage to stay in a relationship? I'm getting really depressed with all this bad news. :cry:
We managed 20 years! - I don't think that's bad going
Seriously, sorry to hear about that, and I hope you're ok, but I really am getting depressed as all my friends seem to be splitting up over the last year.
I'm fine (thanx), although still embarrassed having Not***gham in my address instead of Leicester - I'm pretty much out of touch with everyone these days, so who else broke up?

We managed 20 years! - I don't think that's bad going

I'm fine (thanx), although still embarrassed having Not***gham in my address instead of Leicester - I'm pretty much out of touch with everyone these days, so who else broke up?

This needs a PM!

Hopfully going to reading festival proviiding i can get my hands on some tickets .

Leeds is better, less annoying fifteen year old pissed on a pint public schoolkids there. They're still about, but there's less of them. Plus, Leeds is far easier to get to. :thumbup:

Leeds is better, less annoying fifteen year old pissed on a pint public schoolkids there. They're still about, but there's less of them. Plus, Leeds is far easier to get to. :thumbup:

Yeh i will get tickets to what ever i can get lol . i have just been told that genarally the crowds are louder and more of a laugh at reading.

Oi!

I went to Reading when I was fifteen.

2005, what a year that was. Great line up.

Edited by Michael The Work Geordie

Oi!

I went to Reading when I was fifteen.

2005, what a year that was. Great line up.

:P

This is true.

Everyone knows, Leeds festival was just invented to keep the Northerners away from the good festival.

:nono:

People bang on far too much about Reading's history, Leeds is where it's at! We've always found the northerners that we've encountered to be warm, friendly music lovers the same as any of us.

In fact, some of them were so kind hearted that they decided to give us three crates of Carling and two crates of Kopparberg for nowt on the Sunday morning last year! :beer:

Maybe we shall meet randomly in a crowd again this year Fox in Essex. More good times. Can't bloody wait already.

Would be nice to see Foo Fighters possibly headline? Arctic Monkeys would go down nicely too, can't see that though unfortunately.

Maybe we shall meet randomly in a crowd again this year Fox in Essex. More good times. Can't bloody wait already.

Would be nice to see Foo Fighters possibly headline? Arctic Monkeys would go down nicely too, can't see that though unfortunately.

I'll make sure to bring as much random Leicester paraphernalia as I can this year so you can recognise me again. :D

I'll be sure to buy you a Tuborg at Mandela's bar this year! :beer:

Muse, Kasabian, Foos/Weezer to headline for me.

Edited by A Fox in Essex

Well, Weezer are long overdue to make a festival appearance.

Muse I would imagine will probably play Glastonbury (if any festivals) this year, provided the new album comes out in '09.

Foos, who knows? Haven't played Leeds/Reading for a few years...

Yeh Weezer should be doing something. Haven't toured over here yet for the Red album so it's likely.

I think there is a huge chance Arctics will headline to be honest. Haven't been since '06 I believe (someone tell me otherwise if I'm wrong) & have a new album to be released soon, so I think it is possible. (This might be me just hoping, like.)

I think there is a huge chance Arctics will headline to be honest. Haven't been since '06 I believe (someone tell me otherwise if I'm wrong) & have a new album to be released soon, so I think it is possible. (This might be me just hoping, like.)

Yeah, they were second headliner on the Sunday at Leeds in '06. I thought they were pretty shocking live to be honest and they just stood like statues for pretty much the whole set, but then again they were on before Muse, who pretty much shit on anyone live.

I feel a band like Arctic Monkeys are far more suited to a tent (i.e. more intimate) although obviously their fanbase is so large that it'd be suicidal to book them in any of the tents nowadays.

Yeah, they were second headliner on the Sunday at Leeds in '06. I thought they were pretty shocking live to be honest and they just stood like statues for pretty much the whole set, but then again they were on before Muse, who pretty much shit on anyone live.

I feel a band like Arctic Monkeys are far more suited to a tent (i.e. more intimate) although obviously their fanbase is so large that it'd be suicidal to book them in any of the tents nowadays.

Yeah I definately agree they would be better suited to the tent rather than trying to pull it off on the mainstage. But as you say, putting them in a tent wouldn't be ideal for the size of their fanbase.

I can see KoL or Arctic Monkeys being one of the headline acts this year, which I'm cool with.

Edited by Tilley

I hope you've remembered to include me in these calculations. If not, sorry to add to the bad news! :whistle:

well, they are playing a festival over here this summer, so definately looks like they are playing some summer shows...