Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

Happy Mondays & Inspiral Carpets on Thursday, Brixton Academy.

Bob Mould - 1st June, Shepherds Bush Empire

Jack White - 21st June, Brixton Academy

Pennywise - 10th July, Islington Academy

Now I have a slightly tense wait to discover whether or not I still have any hearing in my right ear...

A few years ago I would have laughed at the suggestion but you should invest in some special music ear plugs I had some custom ones made and they are awesome, if anything they enhance the sound and you don't get gig ear. never go to a gig without them now

A few years ago I would have laughed at the suggestion but you should invest in some special music ear plugs I had some custom ones made and they are awesome, if anything they enhance the sound and you don't get gig ear. never go to a gig without them now

To be fair although I go to an awful lot of noisy gigs it's not often they're as phenomenally loud as last night (and a good part of the experience of seeing APTBS live is experiencing the sheer volume). I think the fact that I never, ever listen to music through earphones also means my ears are probably in a better condition compared to the teenagers whose ipods can be heard from the other end of a noisy train carriage.

But if post-gig ringing starts failing to wear off after events, I guess it would only be wise to start considering ear-plugs...

To be fair although I go to an awful lot of noisy gigs it's not often they're as phenomenally loud as last night (and a good part of the experience of seeing APTBS live is experiencing the sheer volume). I think the fact that I never, ever listen to music through earphones also means my ears are probably in a better condition compared to the teenagers whose ipods can be heard from the other end of a noisy train carriage.

But if post-gig ringing starts failing to wear off after events, I guess it would only be wise to start considering ear-plugs...

best to get in early imo, I know what you mean about the train carriage though!!! annoys the hell out of me. you can get different levels of filters so you can still have it loud! but mainly what they do is take off the very high and low levels of sound that do the damage and infact improves the clarity of the music. mine are custom molded and cost about £100 but you can get some cheap ones for less than £20

I went to see Spiritualized a few years ago and couldn't hear for about 4days, deaf as a post and all that at which tipped me over the edge.

well worth getting some cheap ones to see how you get on, I love going to a gig and being able to hear the next morning especially when like this week I have been to more than one gig

We had a great night. We were in the Scholar bar about 2. We got to see the soundcheck as you can see into the O2 through the windows of the bar. It wasn't a big show as this is no more than an extended mini tour to promote the new Machine Music dvd. Gary tends to put his efforts into his new music and with the Splinter album almost ready the world tour will probably be later this year. That'll be much bigger, probably too big for the O2 so it'll be back to Rock City again. Very nice to hear the old singles again but only about half of them as there's too many to fit in, so he left out all the songs with saxaphone or female backing singers except Berserker which he got around by using projected film for the backing parts. Officers were pretty good, i'll have to keep an eye out for their stuff. They're supposed to have done a single with Gary. All in all, it was a beautiful day and a great night. Bring on Splinter