Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

i'd have been a bit annoyed if i'd gone to that arctics gig, quite a few of my favourite songs were missing, too much new album. but if like you said they got a poorer reaction when they played em then fair enough. 

i'd have been a bit annoyed if i'd gone to that arctics gig, quite a few of my favourite songs were missing, too much new album. but if like you said they got a poorer reaction when they played em then fair enough. 

"Teddy Picker", "Fake Tales Of San Francisco" and obviously "When The Sun Goes Down" were the obvious missing choices. And my ultimate AM song is "Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secure" but there's no chance of them playing that live anymore. Things progress in music, and they've moved away from writing about girls and night's outs.

Most of the new album was played, correct, but I didn't think it was too bad. It was mixed up. I mean, "Dancefloor", "Brianstorm", "Cornerstone", "Dont Sit Down Cause I Moved Your Chair", "505" etc all got played.

"Teddy Picker", "Fake Tales Of San Francisco" and obviously "When The Sun Goes Down" were the obvious missing choices. And my ultimate AM song is "Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secure" but there's no chance of them playing that live anymore. Things progress in music, and they've moved away from writing about girls and night's outs.

Most of the new album was played, correct, but I didn't think it was too bad. It was mixed up. I mean, "Dancefloor", "Brianstorm", "Cornerstone", "Dont Sit Down Cause I Moved Your Chair", "505" etc all got played.

old yellow bricks and from the ritz to the rubble are my two favourite songs i reckon. bit away from the obvious and i guess they can't play their full 5 albums in their entirety lol. still would've been a top gig no doubt. 

same thing with all big bands and artists though, if you've got 5+ albums you're not gonna get to hear every song. i remember seeing kings of leon at the isle of wight festival a few years back, waited through the whole set for red morning light and they didn't even play it haha. 

Went Arctic Monkeys in Finsbury Park on Saturday. Got right to the front as well, just to the right though but still a great view. Played most of the well known songs, 'Do I Wanna Know', 'Dancefloor', 'Brainstorm' etc... Not the first time I've seen them, and again they didn't play 'When The Sun Goes Down'. Still though, a lot of my favourites come out including 'Dont Sit Down Cause I Moved Your Chair'... Still great to see live, I'd happily pay to see them again.

Saw an interview with Helders before the weekend where he said he'd been disappointed with the reaction to the earlier stuff they'd played at Glasto, which might explain lack of it at Finsbury Park.

I went on Friday, thoroughly enjoyed it (thought the support acts were good too) and even managed to get away with pissing in a pint cup while chatting to the girl I was stood next to without her noticing. :D

Also liked how the bars around the park were named after the fictional pubs mentioned in Cornerstone.

Did either of you see Royal Blood supporting? Saw them a few weeks ago and thought they were incredible. I'm more excited to see them again at leeds fest rather than Arctics! I think their signed to Matt Helders label, closest thing to muse...since muse

Edited by Leeds_Fox95

Did either of you see Royal Blood supporting? Saw them a few weeks ago and thought they were incredible. I'm more excited to see them again at leeds fest rather than Arctics! I think their signed to Matt Helders label, closest thing to muse...since muse

Seen royal blood twice but I really don't get the comparison to muse, I mean muse are more technical and complicated, royal blood are far more simple with riffs straight out of jimmy pages song book.

Muse have guitar solos longer than a royal blood song.

One thing is for sure that they show an awful lot of promise, I just hope they have time to develop and aren't rushed into releasing an album to soon, they are signed to Warner bros by the way.

Seen royal blood twice but I really don't get the comparison to muse, I mean muse are more technical and complicated, royal blood are far more simple with riffs straight out of jimmy pages song book.

Muse have guitar solos longer than a royal blood song.

One thing is for sure that they show an awful lot of promise, I just hope they have time to develop and aren't rushed into releasing an album to soon, they are signed to Warner bros by the way.

Not denying the fact muse are indeed more technical, but I haven't heard anyone play a bass like that since Matt Bellamy, the fact they're a two piece impresses me as well.

They sound like they're just pressing play on their iPods when they play live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was too busy draining the tins we'd brought from Lidl next door to get in in time for Royal Blood sadly.

Was hoping Arctics would play Leave Before The Lights Come On, was never gonna happen though.

Just got tickets to see Johnny Marr in Manchester in October.

Should be good. First time I'm going to see an ex-Smith! 

Yeah I saw them. Thought they were going to be some heavy metal band, but I was quite surprised. They were decent actually, far better than the Australian band that came on after Miles Kane. 

Yeah I saw them. Thought they were going to be some heavy metal band, but I was quite surprised. They were decent actually, far better than the Australian band that came on after Miles Kane.

Tame impala are kaaakkkkkk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprised with how good a voice Johnny Marr has! Impressed with his solo stuff.

Alt-J tickets booked! Alexandra Palace gets another visit from me on 24th September.

As much as I'm excited for the gig and the album which comes out a couple of days earlier, I also can't wait to see who the support act(s) are. Last time I saw them, Cave Painting supported and I've been a big fan ever since. Wouldn't mind if they made another appearance too.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone coming The Libertines shin-dig on Saturday? Should be stonking, the line-up is right up my street. Absolutely loved The Twang, The Rifles and Maximo Park a few years back. Plus, The Pogues will be unreal and Swim Deep are a decent little outfit. The Libertines will either be mind blowing to see them back together or complete dog muck but there's enough on before for it to be quality. Graham Coxon and Spiritualized on before as well and I Am Kloot who I quite like. I abused the lead singer in Big Hands in Manchester a few years ago, he tried to ping me.

I'm aiming to stay sober at this, ridiculous behaviour but i've quit the piss so what can a man do?

• Like 1

Looking forward to The Libertines on 5th July now. If it's half as good as Kasabian last Saturday then it'll be class.

This.

Can't wait.

Out of the two I thought libertines were gonna be better, Kasabian raised the bar though.

PETE PETE PETE

I reckon they will next year, maybe part of the Hyde park payout was a UK exclusive other than the warm up shows.

ITK not.

Haha let's hope so. I've seen both pete and carl seperate, need to get them both together.

Anyone coming The Libertines shin-dig on Saturday? Should be stonking, the line-up is right up my street. Absolutely loved The Twang, The Rifles and Maximo Park a few years back. Plus, The Pogues will be unreal and Swim Deep are a decent little outfit. The Libertines will either be mind blowing to see them back together or complete dog muck but there's enough on before for it to be quality. Graham Coxon and Spiritualized on before as well and I Am Kloot who I quite like. I abused the lead singer in Big Hands in Manchester a few years ago, he tried to ping me.

I'm aiming to stay sober at this, ridiculous behaviour but i've quit the piss so what can a man do?

I'll be sober too, feel awful about being sober as well as this is just the kind of day I should be off my face.