Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

What are you listening to?

Just found a compilation I made back in the 90's :D  I guess you would call it old school hip hop and r & b but not at the time I made it.  Complete with self made artwork....ahhh the 90's, some of the artists.

Warren G and Nate dog, M.O.P, Ice Cube, Dre & Snoop, Fat Joe, Pharoahe Monch, Nas, Ghostface Killer, Ice Cube, T.Q, 2pac, Mos def, Salt n peppa, Ja rule, DMX, Luniz, Foxy brown, Mary J Blige, Method Man, Aaliyah, Naughty by Nature, Bone thugs and harmony, Cypress hill, LL Cool J, Zhane, Ahmad, Skee-lo, ONYX, Heavy D, Beastie boys, Geto Boys, Dead Prez, Jade, Notorious B.I.G.

Here's just 1.   What a talent she was.  Tune for a sunny day.  And it's friday....HEY!!! (beginning lyric)

On 18/07/2016 at 16:16, MC Prussian said:

After the rediscovery in the 80ies thread, I'm now all ears for Talk Talk. Got myself the "Natural History" Best Of.

Brillaint "albums" band. You really want more than just the best of singles.

On 8/12/2016 at 13:03, FIF said:

A great track, @FIF, though maybe a little difficult to explain to female friends...

I'm not sure that I'd like Cave much if I knew him, but he's done some great stuff - and I love the resonant depth of his voice.

Good breathy vocals from Kylie, too. I wonder whose suggestion it was that in the video he should he run his hand across her breast? :wub: As for the serpent....

On August 21, 2016 at 06:49, Alf Bentley said:

A great track, @FIF, though maybe a little difficult to explain to female friends...

I'm not sure that I'd like Cave much if I knew him, but he's done some great stuff - and I love the resonant depth of his voice.

Good breathy vocals from Kylie, too. I wonder whose suggestion it was that in the video he should he run his hand across her breast? :wub: As for the serpent....

Never heard him before but as a Cohen fan I can't help but be reminded of his voice and style.

Having said that, the timbre and pitch is like Leonard's back in the day. Unfortunately, at the age of 81, he now sings like only a sub-woofer would pick up his frequency.

Always loved bruces live version better than the studio version.

I built a shrine in my heart it wasn't pretty to see
Made out of fool's gold memory and tears cried
Now I'm headin' over the rise
I'm searchin' for one clear moment of love and truth
I still got a little faith
But what I need is some proof tonight
I'm lookin' for it in your eyes

Have you bought his latest?  Not a fan of cover song albums usually but they have had great reviews.  Hope he starts writing his own stuff again Modern times & Tempest were incredible. 

Not many artists his age can still release brilliant albums...heck not many artists of any age can release brilliant albums.

19 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Have you bought his latest?  Not a fan of cover song albums usually but they have had great reviews.  Hope he starts writing his own stuff again Modern times & Tempest were incredible. 

Not many artists his age can still release brilliant albums...heck not many artists of any age can release brilliant albums.

No, the latest I bought was Tempest which was decent. I don't think anybody touches him lyrically and I highly doubt anybody ever will.