Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

What are you listening to?

So I've never listened to Jamie T until today, except maybe the rare song on the radio over here or in a movie or something.

Decided to start with the debut album - loving it so far - and work my way to the new one.

Edited by FireFox

After listening to a lot of 60's political stuff recently I was wondering about peoples political beliefs compared to their music tastes. Tories and Culture that's an interesting one.  Music is often left wing, liberal, pushing boundaries, resistant to authority, does that put a right winger off?.  But how could it? Lets face it without culture we're nothing. That's not to say I don't know tories who love music I do.  Just wondered if it has any bearing , political viewpoint and musical tastes.

Webbo's into his music, maybe he can answer.

24 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Guess not. Now I know why so many people bought Phil Collins albums.

C'mon right wingers there must be some of you out there.:P

I wondered what the private message was about lol Of course Tories like music, they just probably enjoy the music rather than deciding to join in with the politics of it all. I've got albums by everyone from Holst to the Smiths, I've got an Alarm album I enjoy despite it being an hour of pretty much being an hour of slating Thatcher, we enjoy it anyway, rich actors/musicians telling ordinary people not to vote Tory is probably one of our biggest weapons come polling day now.

We probably just listen and enjoy, the idea of taking people like Billy Bragg seriously on politics because we like his music is just a bit baffling to us.

Sad that 3 of the band are no longer with us.  Nicolette Larson vocals, Tim Drummond on bass, Ben Keith on dobro.

Neil young wrote so many beautiful songs about his wife Peggy it's hard to imagine them not being together but they aren't.  He's still with Daryl Hannah.

Now she's dressing two kids;  looking for a magic kiss.

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 1