Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

I'm Richard, born in Leicester now live in Melton Mowbray, first game was when a friends dad took me as a 10 year old to the playoff semi final 2nd leg v Cambridge 1992 where we won 5 - 0 and Steve Walsh and Dion Dublin were having a ding dong. Hoping to get to a fair few games this season and have some good banter on here. 

Hi All

Pete here, moved to Perth in Oz 1982, born and bred in highfields and loved every minute through the 60s and 70s the mucic and culture was great back then dunno what its like now,

whent to Charnie and moat boys started work at 14 and never looked back or been out of a job for that matter,semi retired now so lots of time on me hands.Back to the mighty LCFC 

in Aug/Sept hope to catch a game if a ticket comes my way. All the best Pete.

• Like 1

image1 (4).JPGI am James from Burbage but been living in Sweden for about 24 years . Nothing beats Last season it was great watching it form afar but my best memory is following the city in the Pleat years home and away , because that makes us being champions even better. 

• Like 1

Hello. New supporter from Indianapolis, Indiana, USA.  Unpleased about the Shield result today.

I loved following the Foxes last season, but have another unique reason I became a supporter. I was going through my late mother's research on our genelogy this weekend and decided to support whichever English EPL club where I had a direct ancestor.

I had a direct ancestor in 1562 from Leicester!  So here I am!  No other English city was definitive, all just regions, or London which doesn't count because there's no way to know which area of London. 

2 hours ago, Balgair said:

Hello. New supporter from Indianapolis, Indiana, USA.  Unpleased about the Shield result today.

I loved following the Foxes last season, but have another unique reason I became a supporter. I was going through my late mother's research on our genelogy this weekend and decided to support whichever English EPL club where I had a direct ancestor.

I had a direct ancestor in 1562 from Leicester!  So here I am!  No other English city was definitive, all just regions, or London which doesn't count because there's no way to know which area of London. 

Welcome home!!!!

Hello,

I'm a fan from Romania. Last year I said on a blog that Leicester will win it. Said it in august. I know it's weird.

I'm also angry. Because I see people belittling Leicester again. they give us no chance. they thought last year was a freak occurrence. An anomaly. Something very rare that can not happen again. They think this year we will fail. Or be mediocre. they do not take us seriously. Once again.

An I'm angry because people never learn. I'm angry because I know that was no freak occurrence. That was consistent hard work over a prolonged period of time. That was sweat and tears and wanting. Motivation and sleepless nights, fight, more fight. And a lot of belief.

the title we won last year don't matter anymore. Not for this year. It took its place in history. What matters is our belief, once again. I know that it is not over for us. I know that the mental, beautiful Italian will not stop. I know that we will do  it again. We are like Rocky. The first one people taught that was lucky. The second one they were stunned.

We're going to stun them once again. The pundits and primadonas and special ones and 500 million pounds squads. We're gonna stun them like they ve never been stunned before. Because they don't believe we can do it again. They genuinely think we will finish mid table. Or relegation fodder.

But it doesn't matter what they believe. It only matter what we believe.

God, they've gonna have a big, fat surprise on their hands again!

Go foxes!!

• Like 3

Hi all. 

I'm an american in Fort Lauderdale Florida. I started watching the EPL about two years ago without much rooting interest, just learning and enjoying the sport. However, last year I started to get captured and sucked in by this team and by seasons end i was very much a rooting fan. 

I am here mostly to read and learn about the sport and the team. Until I'm confident in my knowledge of both I doubt I will be posting much...anyway, thanks for letting me join your forum and lets have a great season. Go foxes!

-James

Edited by flgator1982
  • Like 1

Greetings all. I'm a refugee from another camp, decamped due to it being rubbish forum software and, sadly, plagued by sock puppets trolls.

Leicester born, life long city fan, first match was a midweek home v Middlesborough in 1983.

Edited by RastaDog

5 minutes ago, RastaDog said:

Greetings all. I'm a refugee from another camp, decamped due to it being rubbish forum software and, sadly, plagued by sock puppets trolls.

Leicester born, life long city fan, first match was a midweek home v Middlesborough in 1983.

It's RastaMouse pal. My daughter would have a fit if she was unfortunate enough to see this.

2Q==Rastamouse-Signature-2.jpg

On 8/14/2016 at 18:53, flgator1982 said:

Hi all. 

I'm an american in Fort Lauderdale Florida. I started watching the EPL about two years ago without much rooting interest, just learning and enjoying the sport. However, last year I started to get captured and sucked in by this team and by seasons end i was very much a rooting fan. 

I am here mostly to read and learn about the sport and the team. Until I'm confident in my knowledge of both I doubt I will be posting much...anyway, thanks for letting me join your forum and lets have a great season. Go foxes!

-James

Welcome. Be sure to visit the USA Foxes section of the Supporters Groups area.

Hello

Been reading foxestalk for a while and thought I would actually join up now.

First game was Cambridge away in 1982 when I was 10 we won 2-1 if i remember correctly.  I then went to all the home games from the 82/83 promotion season to about mid 86 season then stopped for a while came back when Jari Rantenen signed around about Christmas 88 under Hamilton, been going ever since. Season ticket holder from about 94.  

Favourite Goal - Joachim at Forest against Portsmouth was pretty special and was probably the first time I felt like welling up at a match.

On 8/6/2016 at 13:45, Grannajames said:

image1 (4).JPGI am James from Burbage but been living in Sweden for about 24 years . Nothing beats Last season it was great watching it form afar but my best memory is following the city in the Pleat years home and away , because that makes us being champions even better. 

Cool Photo.

New LCFC fan from Portugal.

Supporter of Sporting Clube de Portugal.

From England I was fan of Man Utd since the 98/99 Champions league final against Bayern and because.. Peter Schmeichel - that came to Sporting CP after that Champions league final and helped us to win the 99/00 national league.

Last season I was amazed with the LCFC performance and with Kasper Schmeichel as keeper I started to watch LCFC games.

This season I hope LCFC can make another great performance in premier league. 

Now it seems that one or two Sporting CP players are coming to LCFC.

:)

• Like 1