Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

Hi there

New member and newly moved to Leicester. Currently a student at De Montfort, and being a fan of the club I plan on going to as many Leicester games as possible.

Where are the best places for a pint pre-match with other City fans? Would quite like to meet a few as I'm gonna be going to games (hopefully quite regularly!) over the next 3+ years.

Cheers!

Nick

Hi there

New member and newly moved to Leicester. Currently a student at De Montfort, and being a fan of the club I plan on going to as many Leicester games as possible.

Where are the best places for a pint pre-match with other City fans? Would quite like to meet a few as I'm gonna be going to games (hopefully quite regularly!) over the next 3+ years.

Cheers!

Nick

welcome.gif

As far as I'm aware the Counting House and the Local Hero on freeman's common (near the Morrison's) are quite popular with city fans - I think the Swan & Rushes used to be, but I don't think it is anymore.

welcome.gif

As far as I'm aware the Counting House and the Local Hero on freeman's common (near the Morrison's) are quite popular with city fans - I think the Swan & Rushes used to be, but I don't think it is anymore.

Cheers mate! Will hopefully meet a few people heading down to the West Ham game before the end of the month. Just so happens to conveniently coincide with a trip I was taking down to London anyway.

What about for games on TV? Are these places good as well, or is it pretty much anywhere around the centre of town that'll be rammed with city fans?

Hello and welcome to Foxestalk.co.uk

Please use this thread to say hello and introduce yourself.

:welcome:

[Looking forward to being a part of it and being kept up to date with all the latest gossip as exiled down in Kent]

Hello Everyone :scarf:

Been going to city since 1970... Lennie Glover, Shilton, Nish, The Birch, etc. First sat on white wall on the pop side

Passionate about leicester City. Too passionate at times with high expectations which has caused GOMS in later life (Grumpy Old Man Syndrome)

Lived in Thailand for a few years, hence Bangkok Mick. Rarely did anyone recognise my City shirt but now you be surprised how well known we have become over there.

Current GOMS moans:

1 The Kop just doesn`t sing often enough or make a noise like the old SK1/2 kop. In my day the kop was mainly full of blokes all keen footy fans. These days the kop is a mixture of men/women, young/old with varying degress of interest in singing. Thank goodness for L1

2. King Power Stadium. I suppose you have to move with the times but our ground is like many other identikit stadiums with no character, too far from the pitch, too quiet and souless.

3. All seater stadiums clearly are not because in every ground i`ve been to there have always been certain areas where people stand up.

4. Watching players go through the same tired old synchronised pre-match warm ups are boring. Wouldn`t it be nice to see something radically different for a change?

5. Why do we often parade teams of schoolkids around the pitch in their hundreds? Great for the kids I suppose but maybe I`ve missed something. Wouldn`t it be better to have a team/s that have won achived something then there would be a reason to applaud.

6. Why can`t we fill our stadium? Unless we are in the prem no City owner has solved this problem. It can onky be down to 2 reasons 1)Price 2)Interest. Both factors can be influenced by the owners. Surely the owners can publicise the club throughtou the county much more, especially in the schools. And secondly for a trial period dramatically reduce all prices to see if we can get some full houses!

7.Mills (not captain material, unlike Schmiehcel), vassell (past it)

8. Steve Mclaren to assist sven? Don`t get me wrong Mclaren has been a poor manager. However, he was (is?) a very good No.2/coach at Manchester United & England. He did also win the League with Twente Enschede, in Holland who are also technically good footballers. He probably wouldn`t come but he`s not hot property now and this could be a good bolt hole for him to rebuild his rep & confidence. I think as a coach he would be good for the lads.

9. Can`t think of a ninth

10. or a tenth but give me time...

Anyway great site chaps. Love the messages and the passion.

City for ever :chant:

• Like 2

lcfc fan living in darwen just outside blackburn , been up here for over 20 years , didnt take much interest until i moved away from leicester and then felt like i needed some identity so started to get relatives to send me the mercury each week so i could read the match report .

get to more away games than home with my location and whilst id love to be nearer to go to more home games there is something to say for not being hated by half of my colleagues if you support the opposite team ! i am more looked upon as if i have an amusingly quaint habit rather than getting any serious banter thrown my way !

its a local one for me on tuesday to look forward to at burnley ... what an awful away end that is , id rather be stood up outside in the rain as i was when we played accy stanley than inside burnleys away end , the walls are mouldy for goodness sake !

anyway thats me

Hi I am Jues from birkenhead. Followed City for 40 years now. First game I went to was a 5-0 hammering of Ipswich on a Saturday evening when Frank Worhington got a hat-trick! In those days we were in the top division (then Div 1 now called the Premier League). Last game I saw was a 1-0 win at home vs Cardiff when Martyn Waghorn scored.

Hi All

Arm chair fox fan since leaving the shire where I was born and bred some errr..... 22 years ago although used to a season ticket holder. Now living in the Home Counties.

Claim to fame..... I know Jon (Without the h) Rudkin and my mum was having coffee just the other day with his parents.

Those who are of an age may remember the likes of Dean Yates playing for Syston Juniors, Paul Barnes playing for Wigston Fields and Darren Hayes at Beauchamp college.

Edited by Bucks fox