Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

James here.. Leicester born, raised and doing undergraduate studies in Leicester.. huge foxes fan and been following since we were relegated from the premier league.. glad to see the boys back where they belong..

Hi all,

Simon here, first game was against Leeds in 1975 aged 7. I became a season ticket holder in around 1983 and have had one continually since. Have lived in Stanmore for 15 years but still get back for most Saturday home games. It is ironic that after making Wembley our home during the 90's now I live only 10 mins from there the only game we have had there was back in 2000. My 2 daughters (aged 9 and 6) now have season tickets too.

Spent the last 10 years working in Watford so it wasn't great walking into the office on a Mondaymorning a year ago. No chance to gloat this year though as I now work in Reading.

Hi all,

Massive leicester fan, emigrated to Aus 7 years ago as a 13 year old. Its the only thing i miss!

Unfortunately, due to the excitement of last years game against forest which sent us to the play offs i booked flights back for the two legs at watford, managed to get tickets to both legs luckily. Anyway, lets just say ive never been able to watch that second leg again! No matter how much it bounces around facebook. Blessing in disguise wasnt it though really! Absolutely thrilled we are up.. i still spent this year waking up at ungodly hours to listen to the game on foxesplayer!

Ill be back at the end of the year if all goes to plan!

Hi all,

I live in Philadelphia, USA and am new to the foxes. I've been looking for an EPL team to follow for a while, and my sister just moved to England from the states, and now lives about 30 minutes east of Leicester, so now I have a team to support!! Hope to attend a match this autumn. Here at home, I am a season ticket holder for the Philadelphia Union of MLS (currently having a crap season). I look forward to following this forum to keep up with all the team news.

Thanks!

Jack

Welcome back to the Premiership !

Nothing like doing it in style.

This is really a message for the Admins.

If you are interested in exchanging a link, I'm getting a new Premiership forum up and runnig for the 2014 - 15 season, so I'm not only needing content, I'm needing members too.

The forum will be a place where rival supporters will be able to have a bit of banter.

If it's OK to leave a link, let me know.

Evening all,

I've been a City fan since I first grasped the concept of supporting a team. Born at the Royal in '86, I grew up in Knighton and attended two great schools and one not-so-great school in the area. Here are a selection of my Leicester City memories:

First City memory: Leicester City 3 - 4 Swindon Town (aet) - 1993 First Division Playoff Final

First City joy: Derby County 1 - 2 Leicester City - 1994 First Division Playoff Final

First real disappointment: Brian Little taking over at Aston Villa

Favourite City moment: shared between (a) Claridge's shinner vs. Palace in the 1996 First Division Playoff Final and (b) Heskey's equaliser vs. Middlesborough to earn a replay in the 1997 Coca Cola Cup Final (as watched on a gloriously sunny day in the Firs pub in Wigston).

Favourite player: Emile Heskey (can't beat a local lad come good).

Favourite overseas player: Kasey Keller - extravagant, eccentric, but reliable and supremely talented.

Least favourite player: DJ Campbell - no humility and a poor attitude towards the club.

Lowest City moment: relegation to League One in 2008.

Favourite kit: shared:

leicester-city-third-football-shirt-19951994-95-leicester-away-shirt-2742-1.jpg

Edited by ALC Fox

Hi,

Michael J Fox here.

I've been an avid Leicester City supporter since 1989.

One afternoon on a break from filming Back to the Future Part II, I inadvertently travelled through time whilst cosying up to Elizabeth Shue inside of the DeLorean. 

We were astounded as we were sent forward in time to the 2nd March 2002 at precisely 3:02PM. At this moment, I witnessed a quite astounding long range thundering howitzer of strike from the man in blue named Sinclair. The goal was of such fine quality that even the Middlesbrough fans cheered and celebrated, whilst the travelling Leicester fans (those not in stunned silence) wept with joy at seeing a goal of such unerring beauty.

Ever since then I've been hooked.

P.S. Sorry about Akinbayi. The flux capacitor has always been a bit ropey, lets put that one down to a breach in the space-time continuum.

• Like 1

Hi Michael, welcome to the forum. I loved Teenwolf but my Mrs has the BTTF boxset, so nice one.

Don't worry about Akinbayayo, I always got psyched when he took his top off and flexed his muscles.

I'm a shareholder round here, so if you get any problems from people pm me and I'll sort out a couple of bans.

Just wanted to say hi

I've been a Leicester fan all my life through good and bad, unfortunately had to move away from Leicester a few years ago for work but always try to keep in touch with what's going on

worst memory relegation to League 1, one of my best memories was the 96 play off final and Stevie Claridge's shin :)

Looking forward to a great season in the Prem....

Just wanted to say hi

I've been a Leicester fan all my life through good and bad, unfortunately had to move away from Leicester a few years ago for work but always try to keep in touch with what's going on

worst memory relegation to League 1, one of my best memories was the 96 play off final and Stevie Claridge's shin :)

Looking forward to a great season in the Prem....

Welcome  :thumbup:

Hello all!

Only just joined the forum, always been a Leicester supporter. 

Looking forward to making some more posts and hope to talk to some fellow supporters soon!

Arriva-dirt-cheap. (My Italian isn't great)..

Edited by CollinsLCFC

Hi, I've been reading the forum for ages but only just signed up.

From Leicester but been living in Glasgow for about 7 years, where I'm working on turning everyone I know into a Leicester fan.

Best memory... possibly Knockeart scoring the goal that put is in the play offs, was at work and went absolutely mental scaring all of the customers away.

Been on here ages but never done this. Started late little era, season ticket under ONeill then stopped going due to personal circs. Nothing bad just didn't seem an option for a long time. Hardly been since but taking this season as an opportunity to wean the boy off his Chelsea obsession so we've got season tickets with my dad. I'm also on bentleys but it's pretty tiresome there these days...

Edited by JIMMYWILLIS

Hello everyone!

Name is Kaspian and I'm new here.

I never really enjoyed sport as a young lad but recently I've been very interested in international football, following the World Cup for the last 3 tournaments and the EURO's as well.

So finding my interest going up, it soon became clear that I needed to pick a club to follow also! 

I've always loved animals and so I decided rather than choose my local team, I'd choose a team that had a cool animal on it's badge! (Maybe a silly reason but better then just choosing based on victories/glory etc!)

So I went for the Foxes and I'm excited about my first season as a Leicester City Fan :)

Hello everyone!

Name is Kaspian and I'm new here.

I never really enjoyed sport as a young lad but recently I've been very interested in international football, following the World Cup for the last 3 tournaments and the EURO's as well.

So finding my interest going up, it soon became clear that I needed to pick a club to follow also! 

I've always loved animals and so I decided rather than choose my local team, I'd choose a team that had a cool animal on it's badge! (Maybe a silly reason but better then just choosing based on victories/glory etc!)

So I went for the Foxes and I'm excited about my first season as a Leicester City Fan :)

First lesson: We've gone through a decade of pain in the Championship bisected by our only ever season in League 1 to get back into the Premiership. Don't expect to be well received by most on here for jumping on board in our first season back in the first tier. Do expect to hear the english form of the word plastique a lot.

If you can handle that: Welcome, it's refreshing seeing your sort opt for somebody outside of the big 5 for once. Just don't expect more than lower-mid table. :)

Hi all, Hereford United fan here. Your stadium holds great memories for us HUFC fans as it's where we won promotion back to the football league.

We are now on the verge of going bust and the Southern League aren't even sure if they want us in their league. We have owners who are trying to take control of the leases and we are trying to put up a fight.

Please take a minute to read this petition and sign it, we need every sign possible.

Many Thanks

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/herefordshire-county-council-reject-proposals-to-transfer-development-land-leases-from-hereford-united-to-mr-tommy-agombar

p.s. i couldn't start a new thread posted here, sorry for being in the way

First lesson: We've gone through a decade of pain in the Championship bisected by our only ever season in League 1 to get back into the Premiership. Don't expect to be well received by most on here for jumping on board in our first season back in the first tier. Do expect to hear the english form of the word plastique a lot.

If you can handle that: Welcome, it's refreshing seeing your sort opt for somebody outside of the big 5 for once. Just don't expect more than lower-mid table. :)

Just looking forward to getting started!

We have a tough first few games but I'm confident that we'll do our best :)

Any idea when the 2014/15 kit is out?