Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

Hello all,

I've been following Leicester City for about a year now, having just in the past 3 years or so become a fan of the Premier League. I grew up playing the game but ended up becoming a collegiate athlete as an American football player. My first job after graduation was a residential faculty member and teacher at a boarding school here in the States that had an academy program that drew players from all over the country for year round training and competition. A coach of the program and friend of mine had done some training with Fulham and was a die hard fan of the Whites. We started watching matches with the players in the academy program on Saturday mornings in the house and I got hooked.

Decided to back the Foxes after being enthralled with the reckless and loose nature of their play early in the season last year, especially during the 1-1 draw with Arsenal. The Great Escape was thrilling and I was up yelling at my television each morning. I watch a number of games at the local Premier League pub, Courtyard Hooligans in Charlotte, NC.

While my knowledge of the history of the club is growing, there is still so much I have yet to learn and I'm looking forward to taking in as much as I can from this community.

Edited by UPinCarolina

Hello everyone

I written from Japan.

Okazaki transferred Foxes, so I had an interest.

I can't to see yesterday's game.

What's about Okazaki?

Minasan yoroshiku onegaishimasu

仲良くしてね!!

Hi All,

Long time Leicester fan, originally from Great Glen, but now based in Kiev, Ukraine.

Follow LCFC and Dynamo Kiev.

Some good players at Dynamo that would,could be decent additions for LCFC!!

The league here is similar to SPFL, basically 3-4 teams chasing glory.

Can't knock the stadium grub here, plus only £0.50p for a pint, match day tickets at £3.00.

Good game yesterday, and hoping for more of the same :-)

Edited by KievFox

Chelsea fan here, I moved to Leicester six years ago and have since adopted it as my home. Started working at the King Power six months ago on the turnstiles, managed to start getting into home games after my shift starting with the West Ham game.

It was hugely pleasurable watching that outrageous run to escape relegation, a genuine honour to watch such a ridiculous comeback, especially with Cuchu running the show in the middle, as a result LCFC have found themselves a special place in my heart. Signed up to have a little chat about the Sunderland game. Obviously I'm delighted to see Ranieri and Huth at the King Power.

Leicester have won every single game I've attended by the way, with the single exception of the Chelsea game. (6/7)

Hi Everyone,

Been a City fan my whole life, grew up in the O'Neill era, used to love Neil Lennon and Heskey as a kid.

Best memory of being a city fan was during my first holiday to Florida at 15, 5 of us went to watch Leicester vs Leeds in a pub full of Leeds fans, that famous day Nalis scored 'That' volley, needless to say the pub cleared very quickly! 

Looking forward to our 2nd season in the prem, Saturday was a great start and long may it continue. i think it is amazing how many fans we have living in different parts of the world! think it is a great credit to our club!  :vardy: 

Ey up, Fox in the Box here. Work have got one of the executive boxes at the KP and I've started a blog about the greatest club in the East Midlands on lcfcbox.tumblr.com. I promise I won't be a walking billboard (see, I haven't even told you the name of the company). 

I used to work in Fox Fast Foods at Filbert Street, selling pies in the East Stand and Carling Stand. Used to come home with a rucksack full of leftover burgers and chicken balti pies. My actual claim to fame is that I went to a job interview to be Filbert the Fox, back in about 1998 when Tony Cottee was knocking them in and Emile Heskey was but a wee whippersnapper. I didn't get the job

Ey up, Fox in the Box here. Work have got one of the executive boxes at the KP and I've started a blog about the greatest club in the East Midlands on lcfcbox.tumblr.com. I promise I won't be a walking billboard (see, I haven't even told you the name of the company). 

I used to work in Fox Fast Foods at Filbert Street, selling pies in the East Stand and Carling Stand. Used to come home with a rucksack full of leftover burgers and chicken balti pies. My actual claim to fame is that I went to a job interview to be Filbert the Fox, back in about 1998 when Tony Cottee was knocking them in and Emile Heskey was but a wee whippersnapper. I didn't get the job

Are you right next to the 'Gallery' restaurant?

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Hello all,

I've been following Leicester City for about a year now, having just in the past 3 years or so become a fan of the Premier League. I grew up playing the game but ended up becoming a collegiate athlete as an American football player. My first job after graduation was a residential faculty member and teacher at a boarding school here in the States that had an academy program that drew players from all over the country for year round training and competition. A coach of the program and friend of mine had done some training with Fulham and was a die hard fan of the Whites. We started watching matches with the players in the academy program on Saturday mornings in the house and I got hooked.

Decided to back the Foxes after being enthralled with the reckless and loose nature of their play early in the season last year, especially during the 1-1 draw with Arsenal. The Great Escape was thrilling and I was up yelling at my television each morning. I watch a number of games at the local Premier League pub, Courtyard Hooligans in Charlotte, NC.

While my knowledge of the history of the club is growing, there is still so much I have yet to learn and I'm looking forward to taking in as much as I can from this community.

Nice to see another U.S. Fox on, definitely seem to have a few coming on :D the USA Foxes thread in the Supporter's Group section might be a good place to start mate!

Hello all, i'm Duncan. Been a fan since the 70's in Evington, collecting football cards, jumpers for goalposts that sort of thing. I've followed City from different parts of the globe and now live on the south coast so know the importance of the lcfc website, foxes talk etc to stay in touch. 

I can still hear the cheers travelling across the stadium in a wave, starting with those behind the goal, as Claridge's late Wembley winner hit the back of the net!!

It genuinely feels like a golden era is upon us.  :D

Hello all - been a bit of a lurker for the past season or so.  I used to live in Sileby, (Humphrey Perkins/Rawlins), before moving in with my Aunt in Leicester - at which point I started supporting the local football and rugby teams - (was born in Maidstone, and went to primary schopol there), but have since lived in Leeds, (then moved back to Leicester), and am now living in London, and have a girlfirend who's an Arsenal supporter...  (She grew up near Highbury, so...)  I expect the Leicester vs Arsenal games to be more interesting this season ;)  I'll be visiting the King Power stadium this year, but only for the Canada vs Romania rugby match, I'm afraid - (I bought the ticket for that before I moved to London, since it was the cheapest ticket going and was all I could afford...)

Eh up,

I've been lurking and occasionally posting here and there but planning on being more active this season so thought i'd post here.

I was brought up Leicester but live in Nottingham, this season is going to be very enjoyable!

Edited by Bourbon Fox

I'm a former Main Stand Enclosure then Double Decker regular who came to Japan in 2002 to follow England in the World Cup and basically never went home - just like all those Scots who are supposedly still roaming around Argentina cursing Ally Macleod and chanting 'We want our money back'.  I now teach at a university here and also do translation work.

I've seen only two City games in the last 12 years (Everton and Man U home last season) but now that Shinji's on our books the Japanese version of Sky are looking like they'll show all the games live. After seeing pictures of that amazing Union FS tifo last week, and being increasingly impressed with the cosmpolitan mood of the fans and this forum, I thought it might be interesting to translate and post stuff about Okazaki from the Japanese media. (Were any of those Scottish exiles doing that with Cambiasso coverage last season?).

Kushiro is where I live - on the Pacific Coast in the northern island of Hokkaido. The nearest professional football team is over 200 miles away - Consadole Sapporo. It's a small world, though - a couple of years back I was soaking myself in a hot spring bath in the remotest corner of the island when a guy with a Leicester accent turns up. Turns out he used to be a regular at the same pub as me -  The Pump and Tap (which has now gone the same way as Filbert Street, hasn't it?)

• Like 2

Hi there, Peter here, brought up in Birstall, been a City fan since 64, was at Wembley in 69 at 13, with me Dad. Will never forget that day!!

Left England in the late seventies after going to Lhoughborough on a sports scholarship. Ended up in San Diego California. In the nineties the only US pro soccer league was an indoor one and SD had the best side. Keith Weller came in as assistant manager and I knew a few of the players and used to drop by training. Will never forget one particular day after training ended. Keith was showing a few of the players some moves , how to faint left then with one touch go right and then in a flash the ball would be in the top corner. One after another they would try to stop him and every time they would buy the dip of the shoulder and he would be by them and each shot was a laser into the top corner from 20 yards. It took me way back to a day in Luton in the cup on a cold windy open terrace watching him produce that magic in a 4-0 win. The best thing about Keith was he was a better man than he was a footballer. The players in San Diego loved him.

Always followed City even when US was a wasteland for footie fans. Have been living in Maui , Hawaii for a decade or more now and amazingly I can watch all City games live on NBC. Times have changed!!! Watched all the games last season, must have woke up the whole neighborhood watching the United game and was then in despair for months. Then came that magical run.......... It's never dull being a Fox fan.

Been lurking on this site for a year, cracks me up most of the time. Wife keeps looking at me strange. she's Indonesian so it's hard to explain. She still ended up jumping up and down and screaming at 2am with me as we watched the great escape . Another City fan into the fold!!!

Looking forward to another go round on the roller coaster. Just one wish, it's about time we won the FA Cup.

You got a spare room... Can you adopt me please?

Hi all,

Liverpool fan in peace (as the title suggests!).

I write for a Liverpool site called The Tomkins Times and as a preseason warm up, I am trying to gauge the opinions of fans of others clubs.

If you could take a few minutes to answer some questions for an article, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Krish

1) How did you think the 14/15 season went for you compared to your expectations at the start of the campaign? Where did it go right and/or wrong?

2) What are you hopes/expectations for 15/16 and where do you think you will finish in the league? 

3) Do you have full trust in your manager? To play devil's advocate, what would have to go wrong for him to be sacked?

4) It's been an oddly quiet transfer window this summer, but of the business you have done so far, are you happy with the ins and outs?

5) Obviously there is still some time to go, so which player/s would you like to sign, sell and/or which positions strengthened?

6) Speaking of transfers, what was your take on the Raheem Sterling transfer and the way he & his agent forced through the move?

7) What do you make of Liverpool's signings? (Joe Gomez, Adam Bogdan, Danny Ings, James Milner, Nathaniel Clyne, Roberto Firmino and Christian Benteke).

8) Where do you think LFC will finish in the league?

9) Do you want Balotelli?

Thanks again for your help.

Much more likely to get a response if you start a thread.

As for question 9:

Hello all,

Welcome!

We also have a "USA Foxes" thread in the Supporters Groups section where you'll find a few more Americans talking about LCFC and LCFC-related stuff in the USA.

Leicester fan from way back when.

I lived many years in Japan, and so I have a natural interest in Leicester-Japan connections.

I've seen Lineker play in Leicester and in Tokyo (for Grampus 8).

I've also met and chatted to Yuki Abe (nice fella).

Needless to say, I'm delighted with Okazaki.

Hi all,

Life long Leicester fan...

First match was with my Dad (who is also Leicester mad!) many moons ago, I think it was Bristol Rovers ( definitely one of the Bristol teams), I think the score was 2-2 and we had David Oldfield playing! I was about 8 years old I think. Since then I've had season tickets under the MON era mainly and attended a lot of games over the years including all the Cup/ Play off Finals and some semi-final away games etc..

I'm 31 now and have my own family so I don't get the time to go to as many games as I'd like but when my boys are older we'll be up the City again!

Hey all

Lifelong fan

First game was a friendly v Borussia Monchengladbach in the Brian Little era.

I remember David Oldfield rolling down his sock to prove to the ref he had been shinned that season and I was Steve Thompson on the local rec.

I've suffered at Plymouth watching us play the worst football ever and swooned over Mancini playing sublime chips through the middle.

I saw first hand the Heskey Collymore combination v Sunderland (what might have been) and cried when O'Neill left.

That's my credentials

Up the City!