Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finchy

Festival Thread

Foals and Disclosure added as headliners at Leeds/Reading and a return for Crystal Castles (always fun to see somebody who looks like they've bathed in Cocaine and Heroin 20 minutes before their set).

Probably will mean quite a few little nobheads in backpacks will turn up for Disclosure, massively looking forward to finally seeing Foals headline!

Edited by filbertway

might be tempted into a foreign festival in the summer. not beni and not an outlook/exit type gig. basically leeds but somewhere cooler and cheaper. shouts?

Went to Low Festival in Benidorm last summer. The headliners were Libertines, Kasabian and Foals...tickets were like 86 quid for three days, you could either camp with that or not. We got a cheap hotel and stayed for a week. Bo-ss

Just checked the acts for this year, the Kooks have confirmed (I guess as a headline?) and also a band called "love of lesbian"...which has 100% sold me lol

Edited by Manini

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like we're going for open'er this year

Tame Impala, 1975, Last Shadow Puppets, Chili Peppers, Caribou, Foals, LCD Soundsystem, Vince Staples - looks a good laugh.

Tempted to buy a Sunday ticket for Longitude in Dublin too just to go and see the National and cry when they do every song

v festival line up always makes me want to go to v festival and then i remember i am not gay.

craig david, bieber, faithless, sia, rihanna, travis & soul 2 soul what a time to be alive.

Just had a look at the line up. I just saw All saints on the bill. Surely not the 90s pop group.

Slam dunk looks set to be class this year. If you're into your pop punk that is. Otherwise it'd look pretty terrible.

Edited by filbertway

open'er for sure with their line-up.....£112 for the ticket+camping for 4 days and £116 return flight to G'dansk can't be bad.

When you compare the cost to the closest line-up the U.K has to offer (T in the Park) you realise how much of a better deal it is.

Just gutted that Blossoms aren't gonna be in G'dansk, favourite band atm.

• 8 months later...

That time of year where we're tossing up where to go depending on either a handful of names released so far or 2016's lineups / word of mouth.

Shortlist so far includes:

Open'er near Gdansk in Poland

Sziget in Budapest

Primavera

If anyone has any experience of any of these let me know what they're like - Primavera already has a great line up but it'd be nice to try somewhere different and Sziget gets shouted about year on year. Done Beni twice and while the option is always there it'd be great to try somewhere else.

16 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

That time of year where we're tossing up where to go depending on either a handful of names released so far or 2016's lineups / word of mouth.

Shortlist so far includes:

Open'er near Gdansk in Poland

Sziget in Budapest

Primavera

If anyone has any experience of any of these let me know what they're like - Primavera already has a great line up but it'd be nice to try somewhere different and Sziget gets shouted about year on year. Done Beni twice and while the option is always there it'd be great to try somewhere else.

That Open'er line up is off to a great start!

Primavera has got a fantastic line up too and was top of my list until Open'er

Looking to sack off English festivals and go somewhere in Europe next.

Sziget looks like a quality venue too.

11 hours ago, anotherharboroughfox said:

That Open'er line up is off to a great start!

Primavera has got a fantastic line up too and was top of my list until Open'er

Looking to sack off English festivals and go somewhere in Europe next.

Sziget looks like a quality venue too.

Yeah mate we seriously dabbled with Opener last year, looks great - Primavera's line up is already insane but we've done Spain. Sziget looks the most likely for us, few bands and Budapest.

10 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Yeah mate we seriously dabbled with Opener last year, looks great - Primavera's line up is already insane but we've done Spain. Sziget looks the most likely for us, few bands and Budapest.

Yeah I floated Sziget to my mates and they seemed up for it. The variety in the 2016 line up was ridiculous.

• 1 year later...
38 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Just booked tickets for me and a mate for NOS Alive in Lisbon. Arctic Monkeys, QOTSA, The National and Pearl Jam headlining with a fantastic line up of good bands underneath.

Gonna try and get my lot to this. Was a toss up between this or Primavera in Barca but I've got a soft spot for Lisbon, superb place.

18 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Gonna try and get my lot to this. Was a toss up between this or Primavera in Barca but I've got a soft spot for Lisbon, superb place.

I've been to Barcelona before but I thought the Primavera line up was better, with the draw of a new place we plumped for this. First ever abroad festival too.

18 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Anyone seen the reading and leeds lineup? I'm sure it will appeal to some but it looks awful to me. Fall Out Boy and The Killers, have I gone back in time 10 years.

tbf it was either that or catfish and the bottlemen and kasabian for the 15th year in a row. 

not sure how Kendrick has ended up on that bill with all of those mid naughties emo groups. gonna be an interesting crowd on that day, panic at the disco, papa roach, sum 41 and..... Kendrick lamar lol