Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finchy

Festival Thread

Totally endorse Benacassim in Spain. Went there a few years ago when Oasis and Kasabian were playing. Sunning myself on the beach in the afternoon and then bands in the evening.

Can't beat festivals.

Went last year, absolutely superb showing. Always felt like a holiday with the music added on at night.

Would be going this year (wish I was) if the line up was a little better and people didn't have other commitments. Top, top week.

Anyone coming down to the Isle of Wight Festival?

Turn around and go back home!!

It's been raining since last night and the fields are already awash with mud.

The car parks turned to mud really quickly which meant they were then closed awaiting delivery of metal grids with the effect that the ferries couldn't unload because of the cars tailing back to the ferry ports.

Upto seven hour delays on the ferries, bus services suspended and traffic barely moving in any direction since about 7.30 this morning.

Portsmouth and Southampton are both gridlocked too.

It's total chaos down here and the locals aren't best pleased. Unable to get to work, kids unable to get home from school etc etc.

£180 tickets are selling for between £40 and £80!

The Met Office has also issued gale warnings for the next two days.

It's gonna be messy.

Anyone going to strawberry fields or summer sundae this year ? Never been to strawberry fields but sounds like it could be good and only up the road!

im going there! mates went last year and said it was alot better then they expected!

anyone going Creamfields?

Anyone coming down to the Isle of Wight Festival?

Turn around and go back home!!

It's been raining since last night and the fields are already awash with mud.

The car parks turned to mud really quickly which meant they were then closed awaiting delivery of metal grids with the effect that the ferries couldn't unload because of the cars tailing back to the ferry ports.

Upto seven hour delays on the ferries, bus services suspended and traffic barely moving in any direction since about 7.30 this morning.

Portsmouth and Southampton are both gridlocked too.

It's total chaos down here and the locals aren't best pleased. Unable to get to work, kids unable to get home from school etc etc.

£180 tickets are selling for between £40 and £80!

The Met Office has also issued gale warnings for the next two days.

It's gonna be messy.

I went last year and it was boss. It was boiling for the first three days but torrential rain on the last day and everything just fell apart. Only about half the people had wellies, buses and coaches couldn't make it to the correct entrance on the last morning, it was as if nobody in the south knew what rain was. Seems like the same this year lol.

The pictures on the news this morning were hysterical.

Maybe there wouldn't have been this problem if 68,000 didn't travel by car?

I would say there are two options for future years.

a. Have the two ferry companies share the terminal at East Cowes, which is about two miles from the festival car park and situated away from the main arterial road between Ryde and Newport. The ferries would only be allowed to unload vehicles once the previous ferry-load has been parked. The problem this year due to the rain and subsequent mud was that the cars were disembarking faster than they could be parked.

b. Have two car parks on the mainland, one serving Portsmouth, the other Southampton, and operate a 'park and ride' scheme to the mainland ferry ports with a shuttle bus service on the island to take foot traffic to the festival site.

Monday morning, when everyone is trying to get back to the mainland, is probably going to be even worse.

I'm staying in.

Anyone heard about this festival yet?

It will be held in Blackpool this December.

16 OF THE WORLD’S BEST FESTIVALS

OVER 150 OF THE HOTTESTS BANDS, ARTISTS AND DJS.

ALL UNDER ONE ROOF AT THE LEGENDARY BLACKPOOL WINTER GARDENS

http://www.oneofthes...om/festival.php

Rebellion have been doing it for a number of years...only when it is sunnier.

:D

Hello one & all, I'm going to Global Gathering in a few weeks, first festival experience. Just wondered if any festival vets can give me a rough guide of what I'll need to take/what I might need/what to expect?

Shitloads of drugs and a sense of adventure.

Hello one & all, I'm going to Global Gathering in a few weeks, first festival experience. Just wondered if any festival vets can give me a rough guide of what I'll need to take/what I might need/what to expect?

g_s-bag_german2.jpg

A German sniper sleeping bag........the best £5 I have ever spent. They unzip at the knee, tuck it up behind you & walk round wearing it.

Oh, & a shitload of drugs & a sense of adventure!!

Condoms as barebacking at a festival is not advised.

Spare toilet paper is also recommended.

I presume you know you can't take your own booze?

Yeah, I've been reading their forums about the alcohol policy. The thing that makes me laugh is that they apparently ID you booze even though the festival is for 18+ haha.

Edited by Bugg

• 2 weeks later...

Fly out for Splendour in the Grass in 2 weeks today. Really looking forward to seeing Bloc Party, Smashing Pumpkins, At The Driving, The Shins, Miike Snow, Ben Howard, Tame Impala, Zulu WInter, Howler, Yuksek, Gossip and Azielia Banks amongst others. All tho it's Winter i'm hoping for Low 20degrees each day so i can go for a Surf each morning before each day.