Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finchy

Festival Thread

LMF was awful by all accounts, Capital FM were giving away tickets for free in town Friday even I declined lol Being advertised at 44k crowd and achieved 4k across both days judging by the pictures and reactions. I knew my cousins had paid full price a few weeks ago then they put it on Wowcher and Groupon for half price w@*#ers

Must of cost a few quid given the artists and promotion that went into putting it on. 

Simon Says was awesome, still not Summer Sundae though, next up Strawberry Fields Festival!

Y Not Festival was brilliant, seriously brilliant.

£88 a ticket for the weekend including camping, compared to what I paid for Leeds Fest last year that is pocket change, and it was sooo much better. Highly recommend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

as we speak looking like i'm upsettingly giving it all a miss this year. this might change though cos i've said that most years and still ended up barnetted somewhere on yellow at leeds. we'll see. 

I'll be pitching up in blue for the 8th year in a row this year. Looking forward to my testimonial in 2 years.

I'll be pitching up in blue for the 8th year in a row this year. Looking forward to my testimonial in 2 years.

very solid effort. which one is blue? never been anywhere except yellow, always used to be the easiest by miles and apparently most fun and then they fuking moved the door to the arena the other year an messed with everyone's heads.

very solid effort. which one is blue? never been anywhere except yellow, always used to be the easiest by miles and apparently most fun and then they fuking moved the door to the arena the other year an messed with everyone's heads.

I'd say do you know where traders alley or picaddily is? Blue is basically next to Picadilly.

Basically if you come left out of the arena entrance and keep walking through yellow/white you'll get to blue. 

Good distance from the Sunday psychopaths in yellow but still a decent atmosphere around. Probably a 10-15 minute walk to the arena entrance.

My dream is that one year they'll have a football tent on a Saturday. If there's no bands that interest me from 3-5 I'd love to watch Jeff with a few festi beers.

haha Piccadilly. oh the memories. youll usually find 90% of the sunday psychos on yellow are from Liverpool haha, strength in numbers innit. tbh the reason we always go yellow is so we don't have to walk as far to the nme stage and back to get bevvied.

oh man I love leeds. such a great place.

haha Piccadilly. oh the memories. youll usually find 90% of the sunday psychos on yellow are from Liverpool haha, strength in numbers innit. tbh the reason we always go yellow is so we don't have to walk as far to the nme stage and back to get bevvied.

oh man I love leeds. such a great place.

Haha yeaah, sounds like i'm walking through an episode of brookside if I ever pass through yellow. That's got to be the main draw, arena entrance right on your doorstep, bar straight to your left as you enter, nme about a 100 yard stagger from the bar.

Just realised I should get paid on the friday at Leeds this year as well, love it!

the yellow dj campervan thing that makes the floor in yellow vibrate until about 7 every morning is pretty sweet too. camped just far enough away from him the last few years, means you can get back to your tent after whoever's finished headlining and just bounce to and from your tent to the dj (who is usually two or three ridiculously sick fellas playing mental music) filling up on ale then going for a dance then back on the ale, take a sit down by the fire etc all night long. 

and they get a bad rap but i don't think i've ever spoken to someone in yellow who wasn't properly sound. obviously you hear stories an stuff but everyone who's ever camped round us has been sweet to lend a beer from to borrow some loo roll etc and nobody's ever set my tent on fire :D 

also if you get the train then a taxi the taxi entrance drops you off at yellow, so you don't have to do the dreaded what seems like 20 mile walk with your bag and your crates from the main entrance. heaven. 

i said i wasn't gonna go but gonna have to have a chat with a few pals and see if we can end up here again haha. gona google the line up when i'm home, see which 5 or 6 acts we could go see this year. 

the yellow dj campervan thing that makes the floor in yellow vibrate until about 7 every morning is pretty sweet too. camped just far enough away from him the last few years, means you can get back to your tent after whoever's finished headlining and just bounce to and from your tent to the dj (who is usually two or three ridiculously sick fellas playing mental music) filling up on ale then going for a dance then back on the ale, take a sit down by the fire etc all night long. 

and they get a bad rap but i don't think i've ever spoken to someone in yellow who wasn't properly sound. obviously you hear stories an stuff but everyone who's ever camped round us has been sweet to lend a beer from to borrow some loo roll etc and nobody's ever set my tent on fire :D

also if you get the train then a taxi the taxi entrance drops you off at yellow, so you don't have to do the dreaded what seems like 20 mile walk with your bag and your crates from the main entrance. heaven. 

i said i wasn't gonna go but gonna have to have a chat with a few pals and see if we can end up here again haha. gona google the line up when i'm home, see which 5 or 6 acts we could go see this year. 

Yeaah, whenever I've chatted to people walking through their campsites everyone has been pretty nice and offered beers out. I like to get 5 or so hours sleep at night so a vibrating floor would kill that! haha.

We usually drive (by we I mean a mate of ours - so the rest can drink on the way up) so park up and have to do the walk. I broke it down into 2 smaller walks last year and just took a few cans for the walk. It's a painful trek though taking all your stuff in one go.

Only 5 or 6 named at the minute, off the top of my head I remember Metallica, Jamie T and Wilkinson announced so far. I generally end up seeing about 25-35 bands I like. Great value!

yeah i've done the walk once and was a full crate down and it was dark by the time we got to yellow. there was a stage when me and a mate did debate setting up camp half way and then moving the rest of the way in the morning but we powered through, just about. 

metallica, meh. jamie t would obviously be great, especially if they put him on the nme. usually see three or four acts a day despite planning to see about 30 over the weekend haha.  i think i only went to the main stage about three times between 2011 and 2013, and one of them was for eminem and i wished i'd gone seen alt-j in the tent instead. the main stage "headliners" are usually not my thing, the likes of my chemical romance, muse, the cure, greenday, biffy clyro etc. there's almost always something much more fun on in a tent. 

thinking about it 8 years is a ridiculous effort haha, must have some memories in that lot. 

At Leeds 2013 Leicester were playing Birmingham and I think we were behind at half time, or some point in the game. Anyway when we got back to the camp someone checked the scores and told us we'd come back and won 3-2.

My mate was just coming out of his tent at the time and I jumped on him in celebration, not realising he had taken a slash in a bottle in his tent.

This ended up going over me, so in retaliation I grabbed the bottle and tipped some of it over him, the problem is he's a good 5/6 inches taller than me and I saw there was still probably half a litre leftover. He grabbed me with one hand and tipped the rest over me. Unbelievable scenes. From sheer elation at the city result to both being drenched in urine in about 30 seconds.

Probably one of the few times I've hoped for a bit of rain at Leeds haha.

• 3 weeks later...

bestival  :nigel:

B9oq4seIgAAzsjH.jpg

and parklife... 

B9pNNttIgAAcFKZ.jpg

:nigel:  :nigel:  :nigel:

there's actually at least 10 ridic artists not on that screenie of parklife cos there's too many to fit on one page. and that dont includethe dj line up.

Edited by ScouseFox