Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alexikokopops

Belle and Sebastian

• 3 weeks later...

"Rescheduled Leicester Show

Added on: December 24, 2010

We are pleased to have finally sorted to a date to replace the postponed Leicester show of 14th December. We will back at the DeMontfort Hall on Wednesday 2nd June. Existing ticket holders can use their retained tickets, for those without tickets they can be purchased from Ticketmaster."

Although the 2nd June is a thursday!!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

It's up to me AS USUAL to keep you all abreast of the best band named after me ever.

New album came out this week, and first impressions are good.  Even the slightly electronic one they released a couple of months ago that everyone was saying was THE WORST B&S SONG EVER, which someone always says, makes more sense in context.

The opening track is fab though:

Probably my favourite band. Haven't been able to get a copy of the new album yet (Poor range of music shops round here and I don't like downloading my music). Been thinking of getting tickets to their summer tour in Glasgow but as people were saying 4 years ago above, I don't know if I can justify £30 on a ticket plus that again for travel etc.

Gonna give the album a listen on Spotify this evening.

Probably my favourite band. Haven't been able to get a copy of the new album yet (Poor range of music shops round here and I don't like downloading my music). Been thinking of getting tickets to their summer tour in Glasgow but as people were saying 4 years ago above, I don't know if I can justify £30 on a ticket plus that again for travel etc.

Gonna give the album a listen on Spotify this evening.

Have you tried Amazon. Get the CD plus free download so you can get listening while you wait.

Never listened to anything much of these though the track posted above is great, so will be investigating more. What are their best albums?

Have you tried Amazon. Get the CD plus free download so you can get listening while you wait.

Never listened to anything much of these though the track posted above is great, so will be investigating more. What are their best albums?

First album, Tigermilk, is a classic

I hadn't appreciated that cover star Tamzin Merchant (who's also in that video I posted, and not to be confused with Outhwaite) is an actress and vaguely famous in her own right, having been on telly quite a bit, including in Game of Thrones (in which I assume she took her kit off, which is pretty much a pre-requisite for being in that as I understand it).

I think she's very pretty in a quirky, eyes a bit far apart sort of way:

30017.jpg

I think they're all good, but the first two (Tigermilk, If you're Feeling Sinister) are the ones that seem to be regarded as the best by a lot of folk

One of my favorite bands as well. Love the first few albums, but feel they've lost a bit after Isobel and Stuart D, left the bend. I'd say If you're feeling sinister would be my favorite album of all times.

Saw them a few times, the best being in Benicassim in 2002. Great year. B&S, Radiohead, Suede, Air, Primal Screal, P. Weller...

Hope they tour mainland Europe this summer.

Archived